[ArcEmu/TrinityCore]placing all your custom items from your DB to the item.dbc 3.3.5 menu

User Tag List

jameyboor's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ArcEmu/TrinityCore]placing all your custom items from your DB to the item.dbc 3.3.5

So yes, I still see some people adding their custom items one by one to make the red question mark go away, this can be done much faster:

Download:
    DBCUtil to convert dbc's.
    CSVed to edit your converted files.
    Ladik's MPQ Editor to make the custom MPQ patch.

Step 1.
    This tutorial is done with HeidiSQL, so open it up !
    First we need to select some columns of your desired custom items to get the right structure of item.dbc, the where clause is to indicate which custom items you want, for instance, if you do : WHERE entry > 100000 every custom item with an entry above 100000 will be added in the item.dbc, so that's up to you, just use WHERE entry = yourentryid if you only want to add one, you can also use the WHERE IN ( entryid, entryid, entryid , etc, etc) clause to choose the items you want, now let's start.
    Use the following queries and modify the WHERE clause to your preferences (I am going to do all my custom items with an entry higher than 100000)
    Trinity:
    Code:
    SELECT entry, class, subclass, soundoverridesubclass, quality, displayid, inventorytype, sheath FROM item_template WHERE entry > 100000
    ArcEmu:
    Code:
    SELECT entry, class, subclass, field4, quality, displayid, inventorytype, sheathID FROM items WHERE entry > 100000
    Now, run the query, if you set your WHERE clause right you should get your custom items selected, with only some of the columns, this is exactly what we need.

Step 2.
    Make a backup of your item.dbc ( just incase) , once done, drag one of the item.dbc's ontop of the DBCutil.exe, a screen should popup converting the dbc to csv.

Step 3.
    If you succesfully did Step 2, a new file should pop up, named item.dbc.csv, open it with CSVed.

Step 4.
    Go back to HeidiSQL and select everything in the table that belongs to your query.

Then, right-click -> copy data -> copy selected rows as CSV

Step 5.
    Back to CSVed with the opened item.dbc, you should have 1 column with values in them separated by a comma.

scroll all the way down, then select the last record, now right-click -> paste record(s) below cursor pos
    Now, all the data is in the file, the only problem is that the new values are separated with a semilcolon.
    To fix this : CTRL + F tick the replace all box and fill in :
    find : ;
    replace : ,
    and click on replace.

Step 6.
    Save your csv file.
    Now drop the item.dbc.csv onto the DBCutil.exe again, it will convert back into a dbc file, place this dbc into your dbc folder.

Step 7. The last step ( finally )
    To show the changes the client needs to know that there are custom items aswell, this is done by making a custom .MPQ
    Open up Ladiks MPQ editor and click on file -> create new MPQ file , name it : Patch-X.MPQ where the X represents anything from a - z or 1 - 9.
    Click next, again next, next again, and now you should be on the screen where you need to choose the format of the patch.
    Keep it at 2.0 but be sure to uncheck the create the attributes file, now click finish.
    On the left panel you will see your patch, right click the folder and click on "new folder".
    Name it exactly : "DBFilesClient" without the quotes.
    Now right-click your new folder that is inside your custom patch and click on : Add File(s) , head to your dbc folder and select your new item.dbc
    Now your patch is done, place it inside your Wow/data folder (make sure to give the patch to anyone playing on your server to make them see the changes) and restart the Server + WoW + Delete Cache,
    Tadaaa!
    Congratulations, you removed the annoying ass red question marks!

note : the 3.3.5 at the end of my title is pretty ****ed up, I just noticed that, it's just the WoW version :confused:

[ArcEmu/TrinityCore]placing all your custom items from your DB to the item.dbc 3.3.5
    Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, a nice and easy to follow tutorial. +++
    Thanks for sharing I guess someone will find this helpful, I'm not currently working with anything above 2.4.3 =)

Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

XxXGenesisXxX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AfterDawn View Post
    Again, a nice and easy to follow tutorial. +++
    Thanks for sharing I guess someone will find this helpful, I'm not currently working with anything above 2.4.3 =)

This. +rep

jameyboor's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both!