Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make a 3.0.3 server with the latest db+non-hamachi public+Website

Hapkidomater's Guide on everything you need to do to run a server

Hi people, well I recently made a guide on how to set-up a server but lots of people had repack bugs so now I am going to make a very simple guide on how to make a server, go public without hamachi, and how to make a website! Note: I will be doing these steps as I list them, that is my secret to making good guides!

Making the server

Downloads:
    Repack is Arcemu v10 I TAKE NO CREDIT WHAT SO EVER for the repack: Forum Link Download

Download the repack to where ever you want then the server is done lol. I love these repacks! Start up MySql in server then logon then world in arcemu then Just change realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and login with user: admin Pass: admin Done!!!! Note: do vmaps and maps if wanted.

Making your server Public

Hapkidomaster's Guide to making a server public

No Hamachi

Hi people, if you are like me and have a router that changes IP all the time then I have a solution to making a server public with no hamachi needed, it is very simple and will be showed in this guide sorry no pictures I cannot upload them.

Well first off there is something I want you to know, this guide will have two sections, the first one for non-hamachi, then if you cannot understand it there will be a hamachi one too!

Ok well first you need an account at No-Ip

Once that is done (BTW if you have a dydns then login in with that email by clicking login on top right corner) anyway go back to the no-ip home page then click on the tap download (return to no-ip.com at top)

Downloading no-ip:
    Click on your system! Then click on it again, Then download now, and install it, pretty basic if you need help post here.

Go back to no-ip.com, then in the top right corner click your no ip

Making your host:
    Click on Add a Host. Then fill out your host name and choose your host, leave everything else AS IS, then at the bottom click create host

Edit: sorry frogot this now go to your router site usaully http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.2.1 type in router name and pass duefult admin admin, then go to port forwarding and forward these ports

8129 8129
    3306 3306
    3724 3724
    8093 8093
    80 80
    8080 8080
    Then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open hosts with notepad and at the bottom add
    127.0.0.1 your no-ip host name
    192.168.1.1 your no-ip host name
    internal Ip Your no-ip host name

to find your internal Ip go to start then run then type in cmd then click enter then type in ipconfig and it should be something like 192.168.1.102

Your host is done
    Appyling it your server:

Well first start up no-ip DUC and if needed login, then check the host you made, you can click exit, just make sure it goes to task bar, this is what changes your host's IP when your's changes!

Ok now go to your repack and open up your
    ascent-realms.config
    Change what I have in Red:
    Code:
    #######################################################################
    # ArcEmu Realms Configuration File
    # Last updated at revision rev.1564
    #********************************************************************************
    #* How to use this config file:                                                 *
    #* Config files are in a block->variable->setting format.                       *
    #* A < signifies the opening of a block, the block name is expected after that. * 
    #* After the block name, a space and then the settings sperated by = / ' '.     *
    #*                                                                              *
    #* e.g.                                                                         *
    #* <block setting="0" someval = "1">                                            *
    #*                                                                              *
    #* Comments can be in C format, e.g. /* some stuff */, with a // at the start   *
    #* of the line, or in shell format (#).                                         *
    #********************************************************************************/
    #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
    # LogonServer Section
    #
    #    Address:
    #      The address (no port) of the server.
    #
    #    Port:
    #      The port on which the logon server listens. (*** NOT 3724 ***)
    #
    #    Name:
    #      Not really relavant, but name the logon.
    #
    #    RealmCount:
    #      The number of realms in the next section.
    #
    #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
    <LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1"
     Port = "8093"
     Name = "Default Logon"
     RealmCount = "1">
    # Realm Section
    #
    #    Name:
    #      The name of the realm.
    #    
    #    Address:
    #      The address (and port) of that realm.
    #
    #    Icon:
    #      The type of realm (PVP, Normal, RPPVP, RP)
    #
    #    TimeZone:
    #      The location of the server (1=Development, 2=United States, 3=Oceanic, 4=Latin America, 
    #       5=Tournament, 6=Korean, 8=English, 9=German, 10=French)
    #
    #    Population:
    #      (0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high)
    #
    #   Important information below
    #
    #     change 127.0.0.1 to your EXTERNAL ip if you wish to have a PUBLIC server.
    #     This issues come up a lot!
    #
    #  Timezone values :
    # 0=Korean    16=China
    # 1=Development    17=CN1
    # 2=United States    18=CN2
    # 3=Oceanic    19=CN3
    # 4=Latin America    20=CN4
    # 5=Tournament    21=CN5
    # 6=Korean    22=CN6
    # 8=English    23=CN7
    # 9=German    24=CN8
    # 10=French    25=Tournament
    # 11=Spanish    26=Test Server
    # 12=Russian    27=Tournament
    # 13=Tournament    28=QA Server
    # 14=Taiwan    29=CN9
    # 15=Tournament    30=TestServer2
    <Realm1 Name = "Rleam Name"
     Address = "No-Ip hostname:8129" 
     Icon = "PVP, RP, RPPVP, or Normal"
     Population = "1.0"
     TimeZone = "1">

For ascent users your server is public change your realm list to your no-ip address and play!

For ManGos go into navicat or whatever you use and go to realmd then open the realmlist table and change that to your no-ip host name.

You did it your server is now public without hamachi!

Hamachi:

Download Hamachi

Install Hamachi then click on the little tri-angle on the bottom right hand corner, click create new network (create a few).
    You must have your friends download hamachi and join your network for them to play with you.

Now look at the top center of your hamachi box see the numbers? like 5.117.28.142? That is your IP

Now just go into your realm.config and change what I have in red:

Code:

# ArcEmu Realms Configuration File
    # Last updated at revision rev.1564

#******************************************************************************** #* How to use this config file: * #* Config files are in a block->variable->setting format. * #* A < signifies the opening of a block, the block name is expected after that. * #* After the block name, a space and then the settings sperated by = / ' '. * #* * #* e.g. * #* <block setting="0" someval = "1"> * #* * #* Comments can be in C format, e.g. /* some stuff */, with a // at the start * #* of the line, or in shell format (#). * #********************************************************************************/ #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-# # LogonServer Section # # Address: # The address (no port) of the server. # # Port: # The port on which the logon server listens. (*** NOT 3724 ***) # # Name: # Not really relavant, but name the logon. # # RealmCount: # The number of realms in the next section. # #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-# <LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1" Port = "8093" Name = "Default Logon" RealmCount = "1"> #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-# # Realm Section # # Name: # The name of the realm. # # Address: # The address (and port) of that realm. # # Icon: # The type of realm (PVP, Normal, RPPVP, RP) # # TimeZone: # The location of the server (1=Development, 2=United States, 3=Oceanic, 4=Latin America, # 5=Tournament, 6=Korean, 8=English, 9=German, 10=French) # # Population: # (0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high) # # Important information below # # change 127.0.0.1 to your EXTERNAL ip if you wish to have a PUBLIC server. # This issues come up a lot! # # Timezone values : # 0=Korean 16=China # 1=Development 17=CN1 # 2=United States 18=CN2 # 3=Oceanic 19=CN3 # 4=Latin America 20=CN4 # 5=Tournament 21=CN5 # 6=Korean 22=CN6 # 8=English 23=CN7 # 9=German 24=CN8 # 10=French 25=Tournament # 11=Spanish 26=Test Server # 12=Russian 27=Tournament # 13=Tournament 28=QA Server # 14=Taiwan 29=CN9 # 15=Tournament 30=TestServer2 #-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-# <Realm1 Name = "Rleam Name" Address = "hamachi IP:8129" Icon = "PVP, RP, RPPVP, or Normal" Population = "1.0" TimeZone = "1">

Have friends join hamachi and change their realmlist to your hamachi IP and play!!

If you use ManGos then go into navicat and realmd and open the realmlist table and change it to your hamachi IP.

You have done it you now have a public server whether with or without hamachi!

Making a Website:

Hapkidomaster's guide to making a website

You have your server it is public now for a website!
    Downloads: Wamp Site

First install Wamp, this is pretty easy.

Then right click the website and click extract files... and find c:\wamp\www and put them there.

Once that is done go into includes folder then config and change what I have in green

Code:
    <?php
    Code:

/* SPORA (Simple Page Of Registration of Accounts) for Ascent V1.5
    Simple Account Signup and Status Page Original creation by mirage666 for MaNGOS Modified by Kandyman for Ascent Modified again by ravenger */ $lang="en"; // Select your language, this is the map in the "language" folder $title="Server Name"; // This is the title for your site, displayed in the browser $img_base = "http://www.mmowned.com/forums/images/"; // Directory were your images are $bg = "wotlk.jpg"; // Insert here your background image, must located in "backgrounds" folder $host="localhost"; // Insert your host for the character database $user="root"; // Insert your username for the character database $password="Ascent"; // Insert your password for the character database $db="characters"; // Insert your name for the character database $hostr="localhost"; // Insert your host for the logonserver database $userr="root"; // Insert your username for the logonserver database $passwordr="ascent"; // Insert your passeword for the logonserver database $dbr="characters"; // Insert your name for the logonserver database $database_encoding = 'CP1251'; // Set database encoding $server = "No-ip or hamachi IP"; // Server used by your ascent server $port = "8129"; // Port used by your ascent server $lock_acc=0; // This will lock the created account to the IP address (1 - on, 0 - off) $lock_reg=0; // This allowes to create 1 or more account from 1 IP addres, 0=unlimited, 1=one acc, 2=two etc... ?>

Close and save that then left click wamp manager and restart all services now just type in your hamachi ip or no-ip for your website and you are done!!!

Server is done!!! you now have a website, server, and it is public!

Credits for repack and websites do not go to me!!

All credit for guide goes to me

NO REPOSTING ANYWHERE!! Hapkidomaster :wave:
    Last edited by Confucius; 12-13-2008 at 05:35 PM.

How to make a 3.0.3 server with the latest db+non-hamachi public+Website
    Thrillseeker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is with the insane text-formatting on this site? is that intentional or a bug?!

theironmaiden's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice tut man

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry fot the little error with the realms config, just look for the words before the red and match that with your realm config

and people 84 veiws and only 2 replies I am here to help and I want to know feed back

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited errors

phillipg10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no spawns in the shopping malls?
    Last edited by phillipg10; 12-13-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .npc spawn 50000-50099 or somethinglike that

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to help everyone today because I am trying to get to 200 posts or at least 150

Greatdrak's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The repack's logonserver and world applications fail to work.
    I've looked into it and checked the corresponding config files, haven't found a fix.
    Roses are Blue, Violets are Red, I'm crap with colors, but killer in Bed.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you start mysql?

phillipg10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This repack is fooked trainers dont work and non of the malls are spawned.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then find a new repack, this repack is from arcemu and is the latest if you want a different one go to the forum link i posted at the beginning that is why it is there!

Secondlife's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide... I guess.

Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHY is everyone flaming my guide???!!!!! lol driving me insane I work on this for hours then all I get is "this guide is awful"!!!!

azrah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your effort, however in making the server you are lacking severely in information. How about how to make multiple accounts for instance?

Or what database manipulating program are you using? Whydb or navicat? these are questions one has who has no experience in setting up a server.

If youre gonna make a guide, you have to dumb it down to the lowest level.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast