Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2.4.3] Navigation - dump tiles to .obj

Hi guys,

I'm working on my personal bot(in C#) for TBC - 2.4.3. I have quite good core, where I can read area around, units, items, ... I can run LUA commands and also work with output of it. I can accept quests, turn them in and also CTM is working fine for me.

What is missing for me is how to get from point A to points B. I have CTM working, but that is "just" for direct run towards the target point. I assume WoW don't have in client code any function that would generate path for me as it is really not needed on client side. So I was looking on this forum for what options are and beside setting up exact way-points into quest profiles(really bad idea) I found this:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...pper-step.html (Path Generator – Recast/Detour and WowMapper – Step)

I like this idea very much as it is using already existing navigation library(in C++, but no problem, I can write wrapper) and "only" thing needed is to read maps stored in .mpq files and convert them into format that Recast/Detour can work with. And this is part that is giving me big troubles. In 1st post there is guide suggesting to use WowMapper for this activity. My problem with this is that when I compile it and run it against folder with .mpq files I get following error(same error happens for other continents):
    Code:
    Load "common.MPQ" (81580)
    Load "expansion.MPQ" (7092)
    Load "patch-2.MPQ" (249)
    Load "patch.MPQ" (18859)
    1 world\maps\Expansion01\Expansion01_40_10chunk id mismatch: MCNK
    My theory is that WowMapper was created for newer versions of WoW, and they might be using different format options in maps and there is no backwards compatibility. So I would like to ask you if you have somehow fixed this issue for 2.4.3 or if there is any other tool for 2.4.3(I was trying to google it but without success).

P.S.: I tried also previous versions on WowMapper from its site and also without success.
    P.S.S: Or if you know about any other way how I can generate list of x,y,z coordinates that my bot needs to go through in order to move from point A to point B, I will be also happy to hear about it.

Thank you for any hints.

[2.4.3] Navigation - dump tiles to .obj