Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Solved] [2.4.3] Find player special attack animation code

Hello!

I am looking for some help to read the emote state of the player from a 2.4.3 client. (I'm beginner with all this stuff, so even the very basics might be helpful to me.)

What information I had:
    • I have found 2 posts about the memory offset values of the 2.4.3 client: one by Cursed and the other by Sychotix.
    • These topics both state that the memory offset to the player (object I suppose) is 0x00E29D28. But they write differnt offsets for the emote state field: 28E4 by Cursed and 28C by Sychotix's topic.

How I was trying:
    • I opened the game client with Cheat Engine (6.6).
    • Jumped to the address: Wow.exe + player offset (0x00E29D28 ). Read the value (which was a pointer), jumped to that address and than added one of the emote state offset. One of these addresses I got, should have stored the pointer to the 4 byte length (int) emote state value, BUT they were just pointing to other pointers.

Can anyone tell me please how to use the offsets from the posts I have mentioned to acces the information I am looking for?
    (By the way do these posts contain legitimate information?)

In case you are wondering what would I use this emote state for:
    On 2.4.3 retribution paladins have a unique technique called Seal Twisting. Briefly the point of it is to switch from your Seal of Command to some other seal to get of both for your single weapon swing. (This is not a bug abuse, just silly blizz made retpallies competitve for 2.4.3 this way.) To get this double effect you had to time your seal switch perfectly (before the Seal of Command damage appears, but after the weaponswing itself). The attack animation of your paladin is different to the usual when you need to switch seals, this is what I want to make an automated tool for.

Edit: FOUND SOLUTION (see post #4). Originally I was looking for the player emote state, but I ended up finding something more approrpiate, a field of the player containing live data about the ongoing special attack animation. If anyone knows the name of the field I found, please let us know!
    Last edited by zsoltmolnarrr; 04-06-2017 at 03:19 PM.

[Help!] [2.4.3] Get player emote state
    zsoltmolnarrr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumpy bump! Please, can anyone help me with thisone? I still couldn't find the solution.

tutrakan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    124/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found with CE the addr + 0xee0, which gives me 1 for sit and 3 for lay.

Edit: Going further, it not seems to be your solution, so maybe opcode handling (CMSG_ATTACKSWING) should be worth to consider.
    Last edited by tutrakan; 04-05-2017 at 11:39 PM.

4. Thanks zsoltmolnarrr (1 members gave Thanks to tutrakan for this useful post)
    zsoltmolnarrr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried player base + 0xee0, it showed if my character is sitting/standing/laying but it wasn't really useful.

However! I set my character attacking a combat dummy, started slow scrolling from the player base in the memory view and found a section that was flashing red (indicating value changes) every moment my character did a weapon swing. Took a closer look around this section and found something!

At 0x1034 offset I found a 4 byte int storing the actual ongoing special attack animation of the player! (The very thing I was looking for)
    Its default stored value is: FF FF FF FF
    When your character does a special attack animatiom it changes to a certain number. Here are some examples (with decimal values):
    - rogue gouge: 57
    - rogue kick: 95
    - paladin seal of command procs: 58

(Obviously the attack animations aren't all unique to spells but they are still pretty useable).

Can anyone tell me what is the field named I found at this offset?