Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing LazyBot offsets

Hi there!

I'm trying to change the offsets on the LazyBot source. At first I had trouble getting it to compile, but I solved it. All that remains is to find the correct offsets. Let me just state that I've been trying for days (nonstop for hours) to get this working. I've searched threads from years back for offsets (archives on ownedcore and various forums and sites). Link for a full list I've collected - in the bottom.

Just for the record, I am not looking to use the existing "old" bot for 3.3.5a. I am looking to continue development on the source for 4.3.x.

The version of wow that I want the bot to work with is 3.3.5a. I have collected hundreds of offsets in 3 different text files for 3.3.5a and closest matches posted by Arutha (The original creator of the bot).

So, I got the InGame and PlayerName offsets right, as it was possible to attach it to the game and it showed my characters name. However, I went afk for a couple of minutes and now it won't attach nor show my name any more. I am clueless as of right now. Nothing in the code could possibly have changed while I was away. After that, I spent an hour on getting the fresh source and making my changes again, along with restarting my computer and even trying the program on another computer. Nothing worked out.

I got 2 offsets right and working for about 2 minutes. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. The thing is that I know these are the correct offsets as they are used for another 3.3.5 compatible bot (PQR).

The full source (or pointers.cs) and offsets collection can be downloaded here - http://pastebin.com/KNtKeGTJ
    I'm using VS10 to compile. I have commented on updated offsets with "// 3.3.5"

I'm not expecting someone to do all the work for me, I'm just looking for some assistance. Hopefully someone else is interested in a decent bot for 3.3.5a. The bot will be released to the public once it works and I am planning on updating it and keeping it alive.

If there is any interest to work with me on this together, please PM me.

Happy days.
    Sand.
    Last edited by Sandstrom; 11-14-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Changing LazyBot offsets
    Laykith's Avatar Legendary a lemon and a frogs leg CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    149/137
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Thanks Vengfull (1 members gave Thanks to Laykith for this useful post)
    Sandstrom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not what I'm looking for. The old LazyBot is nothing compared to the open source floating around. I'm looking to continue developing Lazybot.

Thanks anyway for trying to help!
    Last edited by Sandstrom; 11-11-2015 at 04:59 PM.

lolp1's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of offsets to be changed and LazyBot uses a very awkward mixture of naming and organizing when it comes to pointers/offsets. Your best bet is to simply test the offsets one by one and fix each incorrect one as you go through the list. The answer is not to spend days and weeks and countless trying to compile and get your name to show

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolp1 View Post
    There are a lot of offsets to be changed and LazyBot uses a very awkward mixture of naming and organizing when it comes to pointers/offsets. Your best bet is to simply test the offsets one by one and fix each incorrect one as you go through the list. The answer is not to spend days and weeks and countless trying to compile and get your name to show
    The thing is, I got the bot to attach to wow, and it showed my name. "Attach to Wow[31213] Name" It attached and all, but the next time I started it, It was as if the offsets changed in the game.

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I tried it, but it says "Not ingame, could not attach". Maybe you missed the offset that lets it check if you have entered the game world? I mean if there even is such an offset.

I dunno if this helps, but you can find some offsets for 3.3.5 here - WoW-Radar. This is from a radar tool that i've successfully compiled and used, so they are definitely correct.
    Last edited by brotalnia; 11-11-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brotalnia View Post
    I tried it, but it says "Not ingame, could not attach". Maybe you missed the offset that lets it check if you have entered the game world? I mean if there even is such an offset.
    There is such an offset. It's called either "InGame" or "GameState". Though I believe the current should be the correct one. Yet I can't see where the problem lies as it attached to my wow with current offsets once. Now it won't attach at all.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brotalnia View Post
    I dunno if this helps, but you can find some offsets for 3.3.5 here - WoW-Radar. This is from a radar tool that i've successfully compiled and used, so they are definitely correct.
    Thanks, but I've already got those haha. I have spent hours to search the web for every collection of offsets i could find. Btw, the current offsets for the "Ingame" and "PlayerName" are both taken from the PQR offsets, which indeed works for 3.3.5 (tested).

Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with my suggestion? You keep posting how you've spent hours and even days finding every offset posted on the web in existence, and how to get the bot to compile. However, why do you not simply spend all that time instead testing each offset/pointer one by one, and if one seems to not be working and you can't figure out why, post it here with a debug log of some sorts and what you tried and then you could get some actual help.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with my suggestion? You keep posting how you've spent hours and even days finding every offset posted on the web in existence, and how to get the bot to compile. However, why do you not simply spend all that time instead testing each offset/pointer one by one, and if one seems to not be working and you can't figure out why, post it here with a debug log of some sorts and what you tried and then you could get some actual help.
    That's pretty much exactly what I've done. Like I said I have tried a countless amount of offsets. But yes I see your point. It's hard to help me out if you don't see black on white. Sadly I don't know what kind of debug log you're looking for, since any log from the build / compile process wouldn't state info about the offsets and attaching process.

I'll get back to you if I can find a way to make the actual bot log info about offsets

I found an option to "log debug" in the bot. Sadly it gave me nothing.

[01:17:55] Could not start the updating program, cannot auto update: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Can not find the file
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at LazyEvo.Forms.Helpers.CheckUpdate.CheckForUpdate() in C:\Users\Sandstrom\SuperLazy\Lazy Evolution\Forms\Helpers\CheckUpdate.cs:row 49
    [01:17:58] [ECompiler] Loaded: LFishingEngine
    [01:17:58] Could not load a valid grinding profile
    [01:17:58] Visit www.mmo-lazybot.com for support.
    [01:17:58] No wow process, cannot attach
    [01:17:58] LazyBot is free and open source software!
    [01:17:58] http://www.assembla.com/spaces/lazybot/wiki
    [01:17:58] Keys should be placed on bar 1-6 and position 1-9!
    [01:17:58] Not ingame, could not attach
    [01:17:58] Background enabled: False
    [01:18:00] Not ingame
    Last edited by Sandstrom; 11-11-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way. I've seen many different offsets in number count, an example is this,

0x00B6A9E0 compared to 0xB6A9E0 where the first two 00 are removed and the rest remains. Are they the same offsets?

Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get back to you if I can find a way to make the actual bot log info about offsets
    Sadly I don't know what kind of debug log you're looking for, since any log from the build / compile process wouldn't state info about the offsets
    You should not be testing any offsets through the bot. When I say debug log, I mean have a separate project with all the offsets you have inside of it. Then test them inside of a try/catch and log the exceptions, so when failures happen you can actually get some info why. Something like this:
    Code:
     public static class Pointers
        {
            public static IntPtr CurrentTargetGuid { get; set; } = new IntPtr(500);
        }

public static class TestPointers
        {
            public static void BeginTest()
            {
                try
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine("Testing current target guid pointer. Result: " +
                                    Memory.Read<ulong>(Pointers.CurrentTargetGuid));
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine(e.Source);
                    Debug.WriteLine(e.StackTrace);
                    // etc.
                }
            }
        }

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should not be testing any offsets through the bot. When I say debug log, I mean have a separate project with all the offsets you have inside of it. Then test them inside of a try/catch and log the exceptions, so when failures happen you can actually get some info why. Something like this:
    Code:
     public static class Pointers
        {
            public static IntPtr CurrentTargetGuid { get; set; } = new IntPtr(500);
        }

public static class TestPointers
        {
            public static void BeginTest()
            {
                try
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine("Testing current target guid pointer. Result: " +
                                    Memory.Read<ulong>(Pointers.CurrentTargetGuid));
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine(e.Source);
                    Debug.WriteLine(e.StackTrace);
                    // etc.
                }
            }
        }
    Note that I am a beginner to various coding languages. Where do I put this code and how do I add the offsets as a list? I suppose it also needs to print the actual log to somewhere and how do I make it interact with wow? If it's too much, just leave it. I'm thankful for the least bit of help I can get on this.

I'll keep testing them through the bot. On another note, why did it work for me once, and then not, Is there a logical explanation. May the offset have been non static?

Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sandstrom View Post
    Note that I am a beginner to various coding languages.
    Then why are you attempting to work on a project far beyond a beginners scope? Would you try and re-build a cars transmission before being able to change a flat tire?

Originally Posted by Sandstrom View Post
    Where do I put this code and how do I add the offsets as a list? I suppose it also needs to print the actual log to somewhere and how do I make it interact with wow? If it's too much, just leave it. I'm thankful for the least bit of help I can get on this.

I'll keep testing them through the bot. On another note, why did it work for me once, and then not, Is there a logical explanation. May the offset have been non static?
    I'm not trying to discourage you, but to put things into perspective imagine you were a mechanic and a friend said to you "I don't know anything about cars. However, I want a corvette. I'm going to take this 1998 honda and turn it into a 2005 corvette.". Then when he ran into a problem he went to an automobile forum and went to the mechanich section and posted the following:

Originally Posted by Newbie1337 View Post
    My dashboard is done, but it doesn't work right, the speedometer shows -40mph, none of the lights go on, and is missing gauges I need but I can't figure out how or where to add them. I've Googled 'backwards speedometer' but couldn't find a tutorial I could copy/paste from for my exact situation. I also built the doors, but they are 5 inches taller than the chassis and the hinges don't line up. I don't understand how an internal combustion engine works, but I've cobbled together some parts that I found in a catalog however there's no place for the air filter to go. What should I do now?"
    What exactly would you think? This is pretty much the equivalent to this thread.

16. Thanks Filint (1 members gave Thanks to lolp1 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Know-it-all View Post
    Then why are you attempting to work on a project far beyond a beginners scope? Would you try and re-build a cars transmission before being able to change a flat tire?

I'm not trying to discourage you, but to put things into perspective imagine you were a mechanic and a friend said to you "I don't know anything about cars. However, I want a corvette. I'm going to take this 1998 honda and turn it into a 2005 corvette.". Then when he ran into a problem he went to an automobile forum and went to the mechanich section and posted the following:

What exactly would you think? This is pretty much the equivalent to this thread.
    I wouldn't make fun of anyone for not being as experienced as me. If someone needed help with Photoshop for an example.

I have worked with SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS and js. I have a somewhat good understanding of code in general and I'm not against learning new things. I'm trying to do something for people in need of a decent bot. If you don't have any interest in this, I suggest you leave it as it is.

All I'm asking is if someone has the time and interest to help me out, not to bash me for not knowing certain things.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sandstrom; 11-11-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast