183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different ways to interact with the WoW client

When I decided that I want to be big programmer like Kynox or Cypher I started reading this section actively )))).
    People were talking about all this crazy stuff from EndScene to IDA and thousand other different things I didnt understood.
    Tbh im not the smartest guy who learn everything in a month and so it took me a long time until I understood most stuff I read here (and stil Im not good enough at reversing to find all this stuff on my own ).

As I like to write about stuff I started a little blog trying to explain what I learn to other people. Today I wrote a post about a few different methods to interact with the WoW client.
    People who already know and work with the client might find this useless however back when I started such an article explaining everything a bit more simple would have been a big help so I hope that some can take advantage of this:
    Zzuk's stuff: [C# / 1.12.1 WoW] Sending packets

Thankful for critism btw

Best Regards
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

Different ways to interact with the WoW client
    Natrist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Interesting content as well.

lolp1's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    43/77
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll start off by saying I've skimmed your post, looked at your bot template source code, and read your blogs relating to me and it has been helpful for some one starting out.

If you're looking for constructive criticism, in terms of content only, I think you should consider being more organized and directed with your content depending on your goals. I'd personally love a blog that outlines certain common goals in dealing with 3rd party programs for video games with the assumption the user has the most basic building blocks down for what ever language and can google etc.

For example, reading memory is one goal of many new comers. A blog with a general short, but to the point simple examples on how pointers work and how the info you're dealing with is laid out then how to read it raw. The concept of pointers, structs, and "pages" aka array of an address you can access etc so one can figure out what the hell they're doing!

Then the next one could be about what I am currently looking into figuring out. Instead of reading this time byte by byte, how to go about grabbing a chunk of memory in one read you know the size and contents of, then processing that info in your own code with out a readprocessmemory call for each individual value.

In a nutshell, I suggest breaking down your subjects into targeted areas with a break down and a (relatively) simple solution to the concept you're trying to get across and either follow up or start a new topic. Feels so spread out!
    Last edited by lolp1; 06-28-2015 at 01:51 PM.