Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Botting - what is Blizzard able to detect?

First of all, thanks all who contribute to this forum and inspired me .

I recently started my own bot project just for fun, being able to read the memory and detect objects, finding myself via GUID and provide simple movement by sending keystrokes to the windowHandle of the WoW Process.

Now i was just wondering about what is Blizzard able to detect - three main points came to my mind:

1. Warden: From what I read and understood it scans the whole memory (not only WoWProcess) and only on certain timeslots - correct me if i'm wrong - so it would be able to detect my bot program running at the same time. Due to the fact that this is a unique program I don't think Warden is a thread - or do you?

2. Action/Movement Repition: Let's say I run my bot like 12h a day doing the same actions over and over again - can this be detected? If yes, is it enough to just put some random moves or actions in there to be safe?

3. Action/Reaction: I send keystrokes to the windowHandle of WoW - but no mouse is used and only interact with target or keystroke commands are used. Additionally, the keystrokes are programmed and won't behave like a human being. Is there any way for Blizzard to detect this? Or are other players who report you for your behavior the main reason for you getting banned, not detection by Blizzard itself?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and knowledge once again

Botting - what is Blizzard able to detect?