Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PQR] Boomkin Mashup Profile - PVE (Soapbox/Nerder)

Notice: If either profile author objects to this profile mashup I will remove this mashup out of respect for their work. All credit and rep should go to both of these great profile developers. I take no credit for any of the work done here except for putting it together and adding PQInterface to it.

Soapbox - PQR Profiles
    Nerder - PQR Profiles

This profile is a mashup of Soapbox's free Boomkin profile and Nerder's Boomkin profile with a few small things from me as well as the addition of PQInterface control. This one includes the best of both profiles including focused and mouseover Moonfire/Sunfire, automatic Astral Communion, Cooldown usage and smart usage of all rotational dps spells. Main reason for making this is because both are great profiles but lack what the other one has. So for my personal use I combined the two and thought it would be nice to share with the rest of the community.

Stuff I added to this mashup profile include

- PQInterface controls
    - Tranquility Hot Key
    - Hurricane on mouseover with a Hot Key
    - Ability to use flight form while profile is active (the other two profiles would keep trying to go back to moonkin form)
    - Removed Rebirth but might add something back in that uses a Hot Key rather than a mouseover

PQInterface Options:

Abilities -
    - Moonkin Form - This option enables the automatic shifting to Moonkin form - Nice to disable when turned into a lizard dude on Isle of Thunder otherwise it just keeps trying to turn you into moonkin form and lizard form. I guess I could add a condition for it but easier to just disable it.
    - Astral Communion - Enable this to automaticly set yourself at optimal position on your Eclipse Bar before a boss pull. Disable for trash and enable before pulling bosses.
    - Mouseover Fire - Enable or disable mouseover Moonfire/Sunfire. This is good for those that don't want to dot up everything their mouse goes over or just don't like the option.
    - Starfall - Sometimes there is just too many mobs in one area especially on the Isle of Thunder that you don't want to aggro with Starfall so just disable it. Or you might want to hold off on Starfall if you know there is a certain part of a fight where you want to use it (Gara'jal adds in the spirit world) so just disable it until you are in there and then enable it.
    - Cooldowns - This enables Incarnation, Nature's Vigil and Celestial Alignment (using Nerder's ability settings). Since 5.2 and the reduced time on Natures Vigil this wont pop the second Nature's Vigil cooldown so keep that in mind. You will need to do it manually if you still use Nature's Vigil. I personal use Heart of the Wild.

Survivability: Note - For those not used to PQInterface you can mouseover the bars on the right hand side and use your middle scroll wheel on your mouse to move these up or down to fit your needs.
    - Barkskin - Set it for 30% health to pop Barkskin. Adjust to fit your needs.
    - Renewal - Set it for 35% health to pop Renewal. Adjust to fit your needs.
    - Rejuvenation - Set it for 95% health to pop Rejuvenation. This is mainly for soloing stuff such as old raids, dailies or whatever you would do by yourself for easy low mana self healing. I would disable or lower the amount of health required if you wanted to use this option for raiding.

Hot Keys: Note - You can adjust these hot keys by selecting a different option from the pulldown menus on the right side.
    ls = Left Shift, lc = Left Control, la = Left Alt, rs = Right Shift, rc = Right Control, ra, Right Alt.

- Pause Rotation - Basically hold this key to pause the rotation. Default set to Left Alt.
    - Hurricane - Push to do Hurricane at your mouseover location. Default set to Left Shift.
    - Wild Mushroom Detonate - Push to detonate your mushrooms. Personally don't use them but it was in the profiles already so kept it in there. Default set to Right Shift.
    - Tranquility - Push to pop Tranquility. Default set to Right Control.

Download for Dropbox

Boomkin Mashup v1.1 - Latest Version - 3/14/13

3-14-13 Changes:
    - Fixed Nature's Vigil - Now works and triggers with Incarnation and off of cooldown for the second Nature's Vigil and then will trigger with Incarnation with the 3rd and goes through that cycle like it should.
    Up Next: I want to add more but want to make sure it's cool with the other developers before moving forward.
    - Special Boss stuff such as amber shaper and spirit kings
    - Rebirth Hot Key
    - Add suggestions from the community if I am able

--------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to mention you will need PQInterface for this profile to work. You can grab it here ..

PQInterface Download

Once you have uncompressed the archive

- copy the PQInterface folder into your Word of Warcraft Addon folder
    - copy PQR_PQI.lua to you PQR installation Data folder
    Last edited by Wonderworm; 03-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Boomkin Mashup Profile - PVE (Soapbox/Nerder)
    Wonderworm's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some tips to get the most out of the profile. When facing more than one mob or boss I always put one mob on focus (profile has built in moonfire/sunfire on focused mob support) and target the other one. This will help create starsurge procs without having to switch targets. You can also use the mouseover option as well when you have 3 or more mobs and want to dot up a bunch quickly.

Easiest way for me to focus is to create a macro that just has the following in it.
    /focus
    Just target a mob and click your macro that you made and that will quickly set it as your focus and then go back to the main target. This will enable you to keep up your dots on two targets without any dot downtime and as I mentioned create more stargesurge procs.

- Some other tips are to disable Mouseover Fire on single target bosses.
    - Enable Astral Communion before boss pull and then disable it once your eclipse bar is in position.
    - Enable Cooldowns only for bosses so they will be up on the initial pull. Take advantage of disabling the cooldowns if you know it won't be a good time to pop them for example between phases on a boss.
    - Disable Rejuvenation or lower the number down to a low number on boss fights in order to save global cooldown time for DPS.
    - Don't Hurricane unless you have a ton of mobs and only when in solar if possible to get the most out of hurricane.

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good mashup you've done, I approve and +rep!

Soapbox's Avatar Legendary Founder of Soapbox Rotations

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1118/364
    Trade Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep bud

this looks good. I wish I still had a boomkin :/

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will update here in a bit. Adding the boss mechanics, focus mouseover hot key, gloves/trinkets, options to use solar beam on mouseover and mushrooms on mouseover, rebirth target and rebirth mousover.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok added some more stuff to the profile including some more nice stuff from Nerder's profile including engineering glove and trinket options, mouseover solar beam, mouseover wild mushrooms and healthstone.

I added a nice focus mouseover hot key which is perfect for setting your moonfire/sunfire focused target without having to lose your current target. Not a big fan of mouseover rebirth but people like it so added it in and also added a target rebirth hot key option as well. Also added an option to disable focused moonfire/sunfire for those times you don't want to dps your focused target such as having to spear CC mobs on Windlord.

Added in Boss Mechanics which include Xelpers Amber Shaper, Spirit Kings and Gara'jal mechanics and also added in Windlord spear CC mechanic I got from Soapbox's great Elemental Shaman profile (one of the reasons you will need to disable focus moonfire/sunfire if you want to use this mechanic).

Alright here is the latest PQInterface for this profile.

New Stuff:
    - Focus Fire - Enable or disable if you do not want to use moonfire and sunfire on your focused target.
    - Mouseover Rebirth - Enable to automaticly use rebirth on your mouseover target.
    - Boss Mechanics - Enable to use the built in boss mechanics such and auto interrupts on amber shaper vehicle fight, various Spirit Kings mechanics, Gara'jal auto action button to get out of the spirit world and Windlord auto CC focused target if you have the spear (be sure to disable Focus Fire on this fight if you are CCing).
    - Healthstone - Use a Healthstone once you drop below 40% health. Adjust to fit your needs.
    - Engineering Gloves - Auto use of gloves.
    - Trinket 1 - Auto use of trinket in trinket slot 1.
    - Trinket 2 - Auto use of trinket in trinket slot 2.
    - Focus Macro - Not everyone likes making macros so I made this nice little hot key option. Just mouseover a mob and hit the hot key and it will set the mob as your focus. Default set to Left Control.
    - Rebirth Target - This is for those that don't like to use the mouseover rebirth option. Hit this hotkey to rebirth your current target. Default set to Right Alt.

Note: The next two hot key options do not have a hot key assigned to them by default. You can disable one of the other hot key options and assign a hot key to these to use them on the fly. One of the nice features of PQInterface

- Wild Mushroom Mouseover - Use this to setup your mushrooms at your mouseover location. No hot key set by default.
    - Solar Beam Mouseover - Use this to Solar Beam (interrupt) your current mouseover target. No hot key set by default.

Mashup Boomkin v1.1
    Last edited by Wonderworm; 03-11-2013 at 06:53 PM.

kuukuu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to the list
    Former PQR Developer

puppychow's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really play my druid at the moment but this looks awesome, good job

pyschoshuriken's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profile sounds great, but your dropbox seems to be down. Can't wait to download this!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up just replaced the links with the full url instead of the shortened one they provide. Also just a heads up having some lag and FPS drop issues using the Boss Mechanics so I will be troubleshooting that and will update when I get a chance.

Edit: Small fix that could cause some issues with the Hurricane hot key. I uploaded a new copy.
    Last edited by Wonderworm; 03-11-2013 at 11:55 PM.

K1ngp1n's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    starfall hotkey would be nice too

hbkx1's Avatar Site Donator
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job man I wanna pull my boomie out but like everything else since PQR I have no idea how to play them lol......And Ill throw out a name for the profile how about MoonsterMash haha

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by K1ngp1n View Post
    starfall hotkey would be nice too
    Yeah I can add that. Example use for that would be like ..

On the PQInterface disable the Starfall option at the top (which would disable the auto use of Starfall). At the bottom enable Starfall Hotkey and set the Hotkey to the one you want to use (Left Shift, Left Control, etc). Then just use the Hotkey to pop Starfall whenever you want.

I will add it for the next version.

Originally Posted by hbkx1 View Post
    Great job man I wanna pull my boomie out but like everything else since PQR I have no idea how to play them lol......And Ill throw out a name for the profile how about MoonsterMash haha
    Hah love it .. might use it
    Last edited by Wonderworm; 03-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Blade33's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for moar contributers to the PQR community! Cheers mate.

Hex2Dec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job.

I use Nerder profile for PvP. I just love it.
    It helps a lot, but of course could be better of course.

First of all, I don't know how to open your dropbox.

If I may suggest some ideas for PvP purposes, I would love to have:
    - hotkey for Cyclone and for Entangling Roots,
    - hot key for Ursol's Vortex.

Solar beam is already there.
    At the moment I have to stop the profile, and cast cyclone or roots manually, what is doable, but could be implemented.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast