0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoWdar - WoW radar program

Hi. I recently had a project at my university where I had to write software to track the movement data of players.

This software can be used as a radar as well however, so I thought I would share it now that I completed the project in case anyone would like to use it. The WoWdar program uses blackmagic to read memory, so those dll files are needed. The WoW traces program simply reads the logs that can be created by the WoWdar program. This functionality was required by the project that I did, but is of no use when using the software as a simple radar. The creat log button as well as the track players and show player traces options will also not be of much use when using the program as a radar.

If anyone finds this useful, I will perhaps redo the program to remove those unnecessary features and maybe add some more features such as showing gold and other objects on the radar as well.

For now however, I will just post the executable files as is.

Attachment 5137

Virus total scan results

EDIT:

Just to be clear on what the features of this program is, I will split it into features that are useful for a radar and then features for academic purposes of tracking players.

Radar:

Shows all players and NPCs in immediate area of interest of your character.

Shows human players in blue and NPCs in plum colour.

Also shows the names of all players, but the names can be hidden if you so wish.

Has different zoom levels.

Player Tracking(academic):

Can log the movement of all human players and then create logs with the movement data.

Can show traces of player movement.

Includes log reading software to recreate traces from the logs.

Here is also a short video showing the software. Note it is not very good quality, and the actual software is much clearer than the video. This video was also created to demonstrate my project, so it focuses on the player tracking elements.

link
    Last edited by Twarwizard; 11-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.

WoWdar - WoW radar program
    186eclipse's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. But it would be alot quicker if you uploaded it to multiupload.com or something similar, that way you dont have to wait for your files to get verified.

Twarwizard's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 186eclipse View Post
    Sounds good. But it would be alot quicker if you uploaded it to multiupload.com or something similar, that way you dont have to wait for your files to get verified.
    Here is a mirror download site.

Mirror