[Program+Guide] Protect yourself from 99% of all WoW related keyloggers !!! menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coltcannon69's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Program+Guide] Protect yourself from 99% of all WoW related keyloggers !!!

You win at life, thanks FP

+rep : D

[Program+Guide] Protect yourself from 99% of all WoW related keyloggers !!!
    lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Flying Piggy
    This guide is more to protect against keyloggers than actual hacks (a keylogger isnt a hack) , because a comon WoW keylogger attaches itself to the keyboard on the kernel level and basicaly hooks it , but it can only take logs (record) if the user is typing on the keyboard , so by doing this little program for yourself you would make yourself pretty safe from those keylogger boggers .
    It is true that a basic keylogger works this way, but there are some Keyloggers that copy EVERYTHING, even dialog boxes, etc. For example one of the keyloggers I have used in the past Ghost Keylogger can do this.

This keylogger is impractical for the standard "post and run" style attack popular today because it is widely virus scan detectable, and has no means of bundling itself with other software. However if this little program can do it, I'm sure there are many others that are being privately developed that can as well.

This is a still a helpful tutorial, and glad you posted it. I've been using a similar method of logging myself in for various nefarious purpouses for some time. +rep!

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by lag
    It is true that a basic keylogger works this way, but there are some Keyloggers that copy EVERYTHING, even dialog boxes, etc. For example one of the keyloggers I have used in the past Ghost Keylogger can do this.

This keylogger is impractical for the standard "post and run" style attack popular today because it is widely virus scan detectable, and has no means of bundling itself with other software. However if this little program can do it, I'm sure there are many others that are being privately developed that can as well.

This is a still a helpful tutorial, and glad you posted it. I've been using a similar method of logging myself in for various nefarious purpouses for some time. +rep!
    Like you said , there is always a possibility of getting your password logged which is why i didnt call this thread "Protect yourself from 100% of all WoW..." but this little program helps a lot and it will keep you safe from most keyloggers . I still recomend scaning all your downloaded programs with www.virustotal.com .

lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Flying Piggy
    "Protect yourself from 100% of all WoW..."
    Piggy, you could have written a guide titled "Protect yourself from 1%" and the forum would still love you in that special way. Just playing devil's advocate of course

Tickets's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take my babies, please

goider's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCAR can do this too, just insert the proper X/Y coords, then tell it to sendkeys 'pass'

Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any macro program can do this , i just chose this particular program because it has a very unique self programing feature (which makes it usable to non-programmers too) .

Samzon123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice idea, but they can hack your acc easily anyway. :confused:

Just use Linux like i.

mathrine12345's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or you could type in your user name then have half a pw eg.
    username: chocolateface
    password: isnicechocolate

for the password you type in "chocolate" then go right to the start and type in "isnice". keylogger will think its chocolateisnice but nooooooooooooo.

i use this ^_^

subzero1337's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it possible to type your password in notepad, copy it and then paste it into the WoW password box?

Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by subzero1337 View Post
    is it possible to type your password in notepad, copy it and then paste it into the WoW password box?
    Think about it , your still typing your pass in notepad , keyloggers are not just limited to WoW you know , they get EVERYTHING you type .

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a programmer of security related tools so I thought I'd point some things out. There are several ways to log keystrokes:

1. By far the easiest method is to put a GetAsnycKeystroke call in the middle of a never ending while loop, which increments the key to be caught every time the loop is executed. This effectively checks hundreds/thousands of times a second if any given key is pressed down. Although this is the easiest method it is also the most system intensive. (And in lots of cases also the most detected)

2. The more common way by seasoned 'hackers' is to use a global keyboard hook. There are two ways to do this. By using a WH_KEYBOARD hook, which requires and external DLL to be loaded and set the hook, thereby requiring a packager to put the DLL and exe into one file. The advantage of this type of hook is it is compatiable with Win95+. The second type of hook is WH_KEYBOARD_LL, this is a low level hook for Win2k+, although you have less OS compatiability, one advantage of this is that it does not require a DLL to do the dirty work, and can simply be written straight into an executable.

3. The third and most powerful way to log keystrokes is to simply replace the keyboard driver, there are ways to disguise this from programs like ProcessGuard the first time, and then once the driver is replaced it's basically impossible for detection to occur by programs such as PG or WinPooch. Apart from detection, the advantage this has is that you can also hook special keystroke combinations such as Ctrl+Alt+Del, which are not normally hookable using the Windows API. The final advantage of this method is you can capture keystrokes before the user even logs in, this is useful because the only other way to do this is by rewriting and msgina.dll, and that is highly detectable by most IDS. Oops, theres one more advantage of this method, it allows you to capture keystrokes from desktops that aren't the currently active ones. Using the windows API you can normally only hook the keyboard of the currently active desktop, by replacing the driver you have full system wide access and are not bound by the constrains of the Microsoft API. Mind you though, this method is highly difficult to program and is definately not for the faint hearted.

static178's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ rep , thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12