Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your cash back - Chargeback

Hi there folks,

This is a small guide on how to get a refund for your purchase on pokemon go virtual goods ( coins, pokeballs, etc )

Just like many of you, i got banned for botting. That did not really annoy me too much, what got me quite pissed was that i got banned after spending money buying some coins, so here is how you can get your cash back.

Apple Method :

So i did some digging and found about : apple 14 days refund policy

Click here

And scroll down on the option untill you find the " i changed my mind " or something very similar.

All of this is perfectly legal and fine among apple, and you dont really care about nintendo right ? they already banned you

Google Method :

Originally Posted by Exigma View Post
    Google Play

go there and scroll down and select your transaction click the 3 dots and report a problem ( choose "i don't recognize this purchase or charge" ) after that just made something up in the "Please describe your issue*" for this instance i made up a story about a fake son that was using my phone. You should get an email once you finish with a verdict its either instant refund or wait 2 days or they will deny your request.

Good luck !!
    Step to step Google Play

Originally Posted by exileofdragon View Post
    Suggested steps for Google Play refund

Option 1
    Step 1
    Attachment 37476
    -Google Play
    -find your transaction for Pokemon Go

Step 2
    Attachment 37477
    -Select your reason, most common choose is "purchase made by friend of family without my consent"
    -Click next/submit

Step 3
    Attachment 37478
    -Short description of issue.
    -Click submit

You should be done and now just wait for your refund. Unless to get an email stating "We received your refund request for xxxxx PokéCoins (Pokémon GO) , but we can’t provide a refund for this purchase because it is outside of our refund policy."

Additional step to get your refund, if first option failed.

Option 2
    Google play phone number
    United States (855) 836-3987
    24 hours a day, seven days a week

This option is 99-100% win
    Hope this helps,

- Kind Regards,

- Nesy

Tips & tricks

Originally Posted by exileofdragon View Post
    if some people are getting "we can’t provide a refund for this purchase because it is outside of our refund policy." via Google play.

Also if you cannot geta refund via google. i would suggest going through your bank/credit card for charge back.

i bet a lot of people request refunds from this shitty game.
    Originally Posted by xox0x View Post
    Yes, i filed all purchases made from the launch date

Originally Posted by Addonexus 666 View Post
    I just registered to tell you that refunding on Google Play worked perfectly for me. I successfully refunded 2 $4.99 and one.$.99 purchase by marking it as a purchase made by a child or other family member. I told them that my cousin was visiting, made these purchases without my knowledge, and I just found them by looking through my statements. If anyone else needs to try getting a refund from Google play, try the "stupid kid was playing with my phone" approach. There's been a lot of backlash from parents about micro transactions in cell phone games, so we can use this to our advantage.
    Originally Posted by michelle11 View Post
    If You are not having success from Google or Apple getting a refund and you paid with a credit card, call up your card provider directly and tell them the story. There is a chance they might ask you to talk to Niantic first, but just tell them that you were banned accidentally by them during a ban wave and that there is a slim chance you will get your account back since Niantic explicitly says in their ban appeal automated response email that there is a slim chance that they will overturn a ban. Reassure them that you did nothing wrong to deserve it and that you feel 'cheated' out of your money. Also mention that Niantic has very poor customer service and that it will take weeks to have this resolved through them and that you do not have the time to deal with it and you stopped playing the game. The call rep should issue you a chargeback on all your transactions that you made for the game without further question.

Now I'm not sure if there is a policy against this in Google Play and the App Store, but there may be some sort of penalty. This is just a warning. If they do send you an email or ask you about it, just tell them that you thought they were being unfair, and tell them the same thing that I posted above about Niantic. They should be understanding, since Niantic is as good as useless responding to their community, and that they've already had issues with refunds before with Niantic just a few weeks ago.

edit: each store has their own policies with chargebacks after some research but it all lies on the CREDIT CARD ISSUER to make the decision on the chargeback instead of Apple or Google. So just tell them a story like I made up above and you should get back ALL your money you spent on the game. If Apple or Google is being stubborn with your refund, your credit card company will always support your claim 100% of the time.
    Originally Posted by sundawg89 View Post
    Holy shit! Thank you for this! I have got all my money refunded (over $40) via google play. Just use the family member purchased without consent method!

**** you Niantic!
    Originally Posted by Nesyla View Post
    Yes, it will be sent back to the original source and it should take 5-7 work days
    Originally Posted by elexis12345 View Post
    i used the "call me for multiple refunds" from the help section of the google play app and had them call me for multiple in app purchase refunds, all were over 30 days old, i told them my son had made the purchases and they refunded the 5 in app purchases i had made on pokemon go.

They took about 1-2 mins to call me back, the money should be back on my card in 3-5 days.
    Originally Posted by elexis12345 View Post
    when i called they tried to tell me they couldn't refund because all my purchases were over 30 days old, when i told them that my only other option would be to call visa for a charge back, i was put on hold for like 30 secs, they guy came back and said OK, you will have the money back on your card in 3-5 days.
    Originally Posted by Symb1ot View Post
    Coming back on my case. I made a phone call to google play and explained the unauthorized purchases crap and guess what.. I am getting all my purchases back

Google Play Phone Numbest List

( gathered from replies )

Google play phone number :

United States
    (855) 836-3987
    24 hours a day, seven days a week

Indonesia
    (001)* 803 852 6437 *or 007/008/009 (International Call)
    (Local phone rates may apply depending on carrier)
    +62 21 2970 3955 (Jakarta)
    (Local phone rates apply)
    9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, seven days a week

Edit : it seems like some are able to get their money back even after 14 days !

Edit : added second method, credit to exigma for it, thanks !

Edit : added some colors to make it more easy to use, also added some quotes from people who called using different excuses.

Edit : added google play phone numbers, i will keep updating this front page with numbers as people paste them.

Edit : added step to step google play guide, credit and thanks to exileofdragon.
    Last edited by Nesyla; 08-18-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Get your cash back - Chargeback
    trowa's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else paid(at least $20) for coins and got banned? Most online games I have played, unless you are cheating to the extremely, they normally keep one eye close on spenders.

forevaplo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by trowa View Post
    anyone else paid(at least $20) for coins and got banned? Most online games I have played, unless you are cheating to the extremely, they normally keep one eye close on spenders.
    this..........

Nesyla's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/43
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say 20 $ on a game like PoGo is a perhaps a bit too much, but ye, i can see how if someone was really into it it would be tempting.

muffalowings's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've spent 100+ on my main, did some spoofing, and it was banned in first wave.

Second account that was botted was banned today

muffalowings's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you make 6 figures 20 isn't shit lol

xox0x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the thread!
    I've just contacted Apple and get all purchases made in game refunded.

So yeah they can eat shit.

Exigma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my refund with google play

New_Bitmap_Image_10.jpg

lilnhan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you show me how you did it? I want my money back too.

Exigma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lilnhan View Post
    can you show me how you did it? I want my money back too.
    Google Play

go there and scroll down and select your transaction click the 3 dots and report a problem ( I choose "Purchase was made by friend or family member without my consent" ) after that just made something up in the "Please describe your issue*" for this instance i made up a story about a fake son that was using my phone. You should get an email once you finish with a verdict its either instant refund or wait 2 days or they will deny your request.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by Exigma; 08-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.

11. Thanks lilnhan (1 members gave Thanks to Exigma for this useful post)
    exileofdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if some people are getting "we can’t provide a refund for this purchase because it is outside of our refund policy." via Google play.

Also if you cannot geta refund via google. i would suggest going through your bank/credit card for charge back.

i bet a lot of people request refunds from this shitty game.

13. Thanks Exigma (1 members gave Thanks to exileofdragon for this useful post)
    travisty357's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New_Bitmap_Image_10.jpg
    Lol, that says "Refunded $0.00"

You know who I want my money back from, they guy I paid for 4x level 35 accounts...wasn't cheap. I know, caveat emptor and all but it still hurts a bit. Well, I got two weeks out of them.
    Last edited by travisty357; 08-15-2016 at 10:06 PM.

lilnhan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by travisty357 View Post
    Lol, that says "Refunded $0.00"

You know who I want my money back from, they guy I paid for 4x level 35 accounts...wasn't cheap. I know, caveat emptor and all but it still hurts a bit. Well, I got two weeks out of them.
    how much did you pay for it?

Exigma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lilnhan View Post
    how much did you pay for it?
    $39.99 each

DrixerXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to request a refund after 14 days in the apple store?

Page 1 of 18 12345 ... LastLast