Hack / Exploit / Guide Forums - Suggestions from a experienced vBulletin owner menu

User Tag List

unenergizer's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hack / Exploit / Guide Forums - Suggestions from a experienced vBulletin owner

Hello MMOwned community!

My Experience:
    First let me say I have been running vBulletin "legally" since 2004 and I operate a few forums and a vb skin selling site. I have been doing web design for 7 years now.

The Suggestion:
    I owned and operated a free combat arms hacking site. I had the same thing going on as you guys do with the post your hacks, guides, etc. Now before I continue their is nothing wrong with the mmownded set up, please keep in mind that this is a SUGGESTION.

1. Sort forums that get "bots/hacks/guides/scams/etc" (the "materials") updated regularly by "Thread Start date"

Doing this will give you the following:
    1. Only updated "material" will be on top
    2. Will keep "noobs" from opening old topics
    3. Can help mods/admins with fast and easy detection of falsified 'material'
    4. Can help stop the community from posting the same "omg new wow hack"

Now you can "demo" this affect by simply changing the sort order in the footer of the "list threads page." However to make this effect last it will have to be changed in the forum options (where you add/edit your title and forum description).

In my opinion, doing this gives the end user a much more up-todate and easy to read list, but will also help your staff (this is assuming the owner is reading this) moderate the newest material posted.

Please feel free to debate, and if you have questions on how to do this just ask. BTW, if you have never owned a forum or a real website (.tk sites dont count) then your opinions here won't hold much water (unless you have modded or admin a community before).

Regards,
    Andrew

Edit: you can also do this with your vbadvanced recent posts/news module.
    Last edited by unenergizer; 05-04-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Hack / Exploit / Guide Forums - Suggestions from a experienced vBulletin owner
    ToR's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/6
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothinglol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert, but what you are suggesting is just switching from the threads that have last been posted on, to threads that started most recently?