Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do we have Floating Combat Text? if not, is it possible to do it?

ExileHUD - External overlay for Path of Exile (work in progress)
    Venomdeath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Not saying this is a bad idea, but you'd probably be better off just clearing the map rather than worrying about if every barrel gets broken. The efficiency in this game is killing as much as you can as quickly as you can not necessarily as throughly as you can. This is why you'll see racers just farm the road in the map and not stray off it because that's where the most dense and easiest packs to find.
    ye but in 74+ maps this is kinda different and every barrel counts :P

TehCheat's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RoryT View Post
    Thanks for the great tool! I use it mostly for items and vendor recipes, and I found a strange bug. I added "Velvet Slippers" (got an extra Unique of them) to the crafting_bases.txt file, but when I try to start the program I get the following error:

Attachment 19002

Hopefully the picture is attached right. In case not, the important part appears to be:
    Program exited with message:
    System.Exception: Error parsing config/whites.txt at line Velvet Slippers, 0
    at ExileHUD.ItemAlerter.LoadCraftingBases()
    at ExileHUD.ItemAlerter.OnEnable()

Not a big deal. Just remove the entry and everything loads fine...but it's a strange bug.
    Your line has a space after the comma, that might be breaking it. try "Velvet Slippers,0" instead.

Would be interesting if there actually are bans from using this if they're coming from the map hack. That should be a very easy thing to detect (a line of code or two) and GGG has let people dominate races with it. The anti-cheat community got pretty vocal about it after this past season was especially prone to exploiting it (few fixed races, shorter races where saving a few seconds not having to back track makes a huge difference, etc.).

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VanillaIcedCoffee View Post
    Something can have no countermeasures against detection and still be undetected. I wasn't saying "omg this is detectable unlike the poster said", I was saying that even if this wasn't detected in the past, it is now.

There is a difference between "I thought it was undetectable" and "if it wasn't detected in the past, it is now."

I never claimed to think this was "undetectable".

Is this a joke?

I'm still going to use this, just on another account. I just posted because someone pages back said he was banned, gave no info, and disappeared. Extra information is never unneeded, and if it were just me getting banned I wouldn't have bothered. However both of my friends were also banned in the same timeframe (within 10 hours of us logging out and logging back in) Considering I never did anything that would alert other players I was using it (resetting instances for masters, attacking mobs that I obviously wasn't able to see), that shows there is a way they can detect this other than relying on player reports and doing random "inspect suspicious players".

They've had waves of bans against botters, but don't trumpet it, which makes your point hilariously moot.

I just wanted to warn someone who is on the fence about using this on an account they have purchased mtx on, they might want to only use it on one that has no money invested. There is no reason to be so defensive; the people who don't mind losing anything will continue to use it, the people who do mind losing something now have a (relatively) more concrete reason to use it on an account with nothing they want to lose on it.
    Try not following the same template that always gets used by people like you:

Never just you always some friends too in order to make it seem more extreme - none of these friends come around to report it themselves
    Always a laundry of list of the things you didn't do and of course you only used like one feature of this
    Never any other contribution other than to report that you have been banned

Seen it a bazillion times...How about a SS of your banned message?

apwkid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehCheat View Post
    Would be interesting if there actually are bans from using this if they're coming from the map hack. That should be a very easy thing to detect (a line of code or two) and GGG has let people dominate races with it. The anti-cheat community got pretty vocal about it after this past season was especially prone to exploiting it (few fixed races, shorter races where saving a few seconds not having to back track makes a huge difference, etc.).
    if it was that simple they would already be doing it.
    If they are already doing it then the likely answer is that a significant percentage of their paying supporters are using these tools and a full ban wave would significantly harm their income so they cherry pick accounts to ban.

I know i would no longer be spending $100/month on supporter packs and mtx if they banned my account lol
    this is not diablo. Gamers who regularly spend money on the game make GGG a lot of cash and banning too many of these players could really hurt their company.

In contrast, a game like diablo, once you have payed for the game you are only costing blizzard money the more you play so blizz have strong incentive to ban you for anything they can.

RoryT's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your line has a space after the comma, that might be breaking it. try "Velvet Slippers,0" instead.
    Tried removing the space but still got the same error message. All the other entries I have in the "crafting_bases" file work with a space so that likely isn't the source of it. Like I said though, not a big deal...it just means I can't get a notify for those drops so I have to watch out for them the old-fashioned way. And since they're so low level, the likelihood of seeing them is very small.

godoftor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, this is an amazing program. I don't think I could play without it anymore, it's really great.

I've been getting a weird error whenever I corrupt blacksmith or armour's strongboxes, and I was wondering if anyone could decipher what it means? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by godoftor; 09-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tried removing the space but still got the same error message. All the other entries I have in the "crafting_bases" file work with a space so that likely isn't the source of it. Like I said though, not a big deal...it just means I can't get a notify for those drops so I have to watch out for them the old-fashioned way. And since they're so low level, the likelihood of seeing them is very small.
    I'm looking at the function, I have no idea why it would be failing. There's only 3 lines of code that I see that could even throw an error, and that's only if you were trying to feed the function something that couldn't be converted to lowercase, or you tried feeding the 2nd or 3rd field (comma separated) something that wasn't a number. So with 'Velvet Slippers, 0' it converts 'Velvet Slippers' to lowercase ('velvet slippers'), then it trims the white space off the ' 0' part, so it's just '0' and then converts it to a 32-bit signed integer using the string.parse method. If it was somehow getting fed something that wasn't white space and couldn't be converted to an integer (so if you told it a capital 'O' instead of '0', which I can clearly see you are not doing), it would throw an error. Which would explain things, but your error shows 'Velvet Slippers, 0' as the line, which absolutely shouldn't break.

Side note: Looking at the code, if you don't care about the item level, you can just leave the line as 'Velvet Slippers' and not even put a comma in. The function defaults to minimum level 0 and minimum quality (the 3rd field) of 0.

Try a different text editor? I dunno, I'm stumped.

RoryT's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at the function, I have no idea why it would be failing.
    I just figured it out...had a pair of Velvet Slippers drop and got a notify, which I was pretty confused by. So I looked through my crafting_bases.txt file and realized I already had an entry for "Velvet Slippers, 0" further up in the file. So it appears to not deal well with duplicate entries. My apologies for the wild goose chase.

Speaking of parsing the text file, is there a way to do comments in it? I'd like to better group and organize like the following:

Code:
    #High level crafting Items
    Vaal Regalia,78
    Corsair Sword,78
    #Chisel Vendor Recipe
    Gavel, 0, 5
    Rock Breaker, 0, 5
    Stone Hammer, 0, 5
    #Alc Vendor Recipe
    #Chance Unique Vendor Recipe

Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just figured it out...had a pair of Velvet Slippers drop and got a notify, which I was pretty confused by. So I looked through my crafting_bases.txt file and realized I already had an entry for "Velvet Slippers, 0" further up in the file. So it appears to not deal well with duplicate entries. My apologies for the wild goose chase.

Speaking of parsing the text file, is there a way to do comments in it? I'd like to better group and organize like the following:

Code:
    #High level crafting Items
    Vaal Regalia,78
    Corsair Sword,78
    #Chisel Vendor Recipe
    Gavel, 0, 5
    Rock Breaker, 0, 5
    Stone Hammer, 0, 5
    #Alc Vendor Recipe
    #Chance Unique Vendor Recipe
    Yeah a # will cause the parser to ignore the line, so that will work.

ReadyToKill's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    11/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to add in an alert so that when it drops a ring/amulet of a certain item level say 78+ and with max mf 15 for ring or 20 for amulet?

Is it possilbe to use this as an example "Gold Ring, 78, 0, 15"?

Also TehCheat, you said "Side note: Looking at the code, if you don't care about the item level, you can just leave the line as 'Velvet Slippers' and not even put a comma in. The function defaults to minimum level 0 and minimum quality (the 3rd field) of 0." What would be the 2nd field of 0 represent?

2KILLU's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one have this working on vista? i got blacksecreen issue can see all the mod options but there is no Aero theme on this or in Perfomance that fix is not an option either any one help me out with this? thanks for the bad ass work u put into this and i'm sure many other projects

2KILLU's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by apwkid View Post
    if it was that simple they would already be doing it.
    If they are already doing it then the likely answer is that a significant percentage of their paying supporters are using these tools and a full ban wave would significantly harm their income so they cherry pick accounts to ban.

I know i would no longer be spending $100/month on supporter packs and mtx if they banned my account lol
    this is not diablo. Gamers who regularly spend money on the game make GGG a lot of cash and banning too many of these players could really hurt their company.

In contrast, a game like diablo, once you have payed for the game you are only costing blizzard money the more you play so blizz have strong incentive to ban you for anything they can.
    this is wrong they banned my cb acct had donated 1k usd and they banned it saying your safe cuz u drop them loot is stupid in general and i run this 24/7 as well as a bot and i nvr have had a ban using this the bots yes but that u can get around that to. i agree more info the better, but nn to spread false info just my oppinion

Originally Posted by 2KILLU View Post
    Any one have this working on vista? i got blacksecreen issue can see all the mod options but there is no Aero theme on this or in Perfomance that fix is not an option either any one help me out with this? thanks for the bad ass work u put into this and i'm sure many other projects

sry for double post my bad
    Last edited by 2KILLU; 09-20-2014 at 05:34 PM.

oxyelite's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome tool!

I wondered if it would be possible to add some kind of icon on the screen where loot has dropped that set off itemalerter? Similar to the healthbars? I ask because it can be hard to find stuff in the lootsplosions when alerter dings that there is something I want on the floor somewhere. The green X on the minimap is only really helpful when the item is not in a big pile of other items. My eyesight is not that good. Thanks.

rawbar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    totally agree with this, i have a very difficult time finding the items if there is a lot on the ground. i know others dont as i can often tell others are using this tool when a BONG goes off and i see people suddenly turn and run toward the items, but they almost always win. If there are 50 items on the ground, it can literally take me a full minute or more to find the item something, and in some cases I've never found the item.