Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealth-Productions member search [VB.net Project]

Hello MMowned.

It has been a while since i have posted on mmowned. I forgot about the website when i quit wow, but now that I started programming, i remembered it.

I am posting this for two reasons. I need some help with a potential project, and i need members for the project if it is going to be made.

Here is what I am looking for;

1. Vb.net programmers.

2. 3d graphic designers.

3. Web hosting server.

4. Advanced programmers with directx 3d experience.

5. 2d designers (for web site and login screen.)

The point of this thread, is obviously, to look for members to join the team. The team name is Stealth-Productions. We will be producing small programs on the side, but as our main project, a 3d game.

EVERYTHING will be programmed in VB.net unless we cannot get it done with purely vb.net, then we will probably turn towards C++

I hardly ever check up on mmowned, due to my lack of remembrance, so if you are interested, leave a post here and send me an email at [email protected]. My aim is abs6to8.

I will notify you about the programs and game once i receive your email and or post.

P.S. DO NOT pm me about how you need help on some program unless you are considering joining the team.

Thanks.

-Flame-Warrior

Wofa.us = website in progress. beginning \\\\ ||||||||||done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFaGb3ZkBk=awesome vid!!

Stealth-Productions member search [VB.net Project]
    SacredSpenny's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A game FULLY in VB.NET? Thatd be hella hard

Flame_Warrior's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might intertwine some C++, but i know nothing about it.

Wofa.us = website in progress. beginning \\\\ ||||||||||done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFaGb3ZkBk=awesome vid!!

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to make real games, forget about vb and learn c++. And a little bit about DirectX.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah... i might have thought that fellow mmowned members knew nothing of VB. DirectX is not a language, it is a refrence. and if you know how to use VB, then it is very much possible to use it purely for games.

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Microsoft Visual) C# and XNA game studio (both are free)
    C# is very easy if you have been programming VB. I started C# yesterday and its a very cool language. XNA just makes the game programming easier
    Last edited by visitor; 05-10-2009 at 05:28 AM.
    Hey I just met you

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flame, to do a real 3d game you NEED C++. If you don't, and try and use vb, it will invariably fail, as you don't have nearly as much power available to you. I know what DirectX is, and you may notice that almost every commercial PC game sold these days requires you to have it. That's because it's GOOD. Learn C++, learn how to use DirectX with C++, and you can make proper games. VB is only good for simple form apps. That's a fact.

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    Flame, to do a real 3d game you NEED C++. If you don't, and try and use vb, it will invariably fail, as you don't have nearly as much power available to you. I know what DirectX is, and you may notice that almost every commercial PC game sold these days requires you to have it. That's because it's GOOD. Learn C++, learn how to use DirectX with C++, and you can make proper games. VB is only good for simple form apps. That's a fact.
    C# is good too, isn't it?
    and I agree. You won't make a game in VB
    Hey I just met you

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally know 4 or 5 people making a very sophisticated game as we speak purely in VB. The thing about VB is that it is great for simple apps yes, but if you understand how the language works, you can unlock many things that were not available before. it may be easier in C# though. anyway thanks for your thoughts. I will consider making the game in C#, but i have to learn it first. Anyone want to help get me started? :]

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c# is basically a c style, not-so-verbose version of vb. It IS better, though. As for unlocking stuff in vb, if you mean by importing a ton of windows coms, yes, but c++ does all that and more without the bazillion imports.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do not mean imports. i mean learning the language fluently.

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. With vb.net, you can't make something good without importing. Same holds true for any .net language, you need the .net imports at the very least. Here's hoping Apoc pops his head in here, he can explain WAY better than me. I'll stop now, though, cause I'd rather not start any flaming.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that i think about it, i seriously dout that anyone on mmowned knows what im talking about. You can make a game in VB alone. it is possible, but you must know the language back and forth. if no one knows what im talking about, please do not flame, for it is a waste of the 30 seconds that it takes you to type it.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know exactly what you're talking about. We (or I) are (am) just pointing out that VB(.net) is a terrible language. We all know about the managed DirectX, but just because you can use DirectX in a managed environment doesn't make VB.net any good.

If you want to make a serious game, you'll eventually have to go with C++. Yes, you can do a game with VB. You can also build a giant sculpture with nothing but dry poop. It doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, it's still poop.

VB(.net) is a plague and needs to be exterminated.

This is not meant to be insulting, so don't get me wrong. (If you want to build a serious game,) learn a better language.

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    No...........

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast