351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fear The Walking Dead

So, a new version of the hit series The Walking Dead has just aired. Here are my thoughts. Please beware that this thread MAY contain spoliers, but I will try my best to try not to reveal something too serious.

First of all, let me say that my thoughts are BIASED as I love the original TWD and we all know what is to come…. sorta.

Even though, we see a bit of romance and the storyline of the first zombie apocalypse is set around personal romantic relationships it seems that the new series is even softer in terms of relationships rather than blood and zombie gore. However, I find it rather difficult to say if that is a good thing or not.

The show starts out with a bang and we see the first flesheating zombie within a few minutes, but after that it takes a turn to be quite slow. Wether or not that will turn out for the better, when it comes to the story itself, is hard to say.

The drugaddict annoys me, the girl is hot and the show has potential. What do you think? (Please keep out the spoilers)
    Attached Images Attached Images Fear The Walking Dead-lexi-johnson-fear-walking-dead-season-1-episode-1-jpg 

Fear The Walking Dead
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1195/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aes posted about this in the shoutbox the other day.
    He felt it's going to be a secondary storyline within The Walking Dead show itself. Although it seems to have a different imdb page here, which leads me to believe that it's a different show altogether.

The trailer can't tell much. I'm looking forward to the pilot to get an idea of it.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    Aes posted about this in the shoutbox the other day.
    He said it's going to be a secondary storyline within The Walking Dead show itself. Although it seems to have a different imdb page here. I think it's a different show.

The trailer can't tell much. I'm looking forward to the pilot to get an idea of it.
    The pilot is out aired yesterday!
    I am perfectly aware that it is a secondary storyline within TWD It is situated in LA at the beginning of the outbreak.

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1195/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    The pilot is out aired yesterday!
    I am perfectly aware that it is a secondary storyline within TWD It is situated in LA at the beginning of the outbreak.
    Oh thanks!
    I'll download it right away : 0

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire episode i just wanted to see a god damn zombie(apart from the one in pic). It felt like the episode was 2 ****ing hours long.
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDK how I feel about this. I just watched the pilot and I know I cant overly judge the show based on 1 episode but I cant help but think AMC is running dry on new ideas and are now just doing more prequels to already successful shows. First Better Call Saul and now this. And with this one they aren't even waiting for Walking Dead the original to finish. Than again this might not be a prequel it might just be another look at how the outbreak started from a different coast of the U.S. But if that's the case what will make this show different besides the setting and cast?

I just hope its not a downgraded copy and pasted version of the original AND I wonder if the whole "two walking dead shows at same time thing" is going to make the whole zombie thing even more played out.

The original is amazing and I cant wait for the new season of it. I just hope this new series is different enough to hold peoples attention who have already been through all this build up on the East Coast.

Not to mention the casting for this kinda blew except for Kim Dickens.

EDIT: So apparently this is like a 6 episode thing therefore this might not be too terrible. I thought they were trying 2 make a whole new series
    Last edited by Kenneth; 08-28-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it just looks like a reboot of walking dead. Yeah its meant to be a side story but they have said there will be NO cure, NO cause, NO crossovers with Walking dead.

To me, so far (even though its been one episode) its just a clone of walking dead but set very early on into the outbreak. I dont see anything new in the show and cant see what else they will bring in. Walking dead has been shit for a while now so i hope this show doesnt take the same route, ill watch it regardless but i really hope it does better than how TWD has been these past few episodes/seasons.

Kennetth, it is a whole new show. 6 episodes in the first season, the next season has 3 announced so far.
    ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Episode 2, things are starting to speed up and I like it
    A bit obvious what is going to happen, so far, but I hope they keep it up for next episodes.

Relican's Avatar Elite User Creepy in a good way CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *This post contains spoilers*

I'm up to episode four and prefer this to TWD. I hope they handle the heroin addict well, perhaps how LOST handled Charlie. I think he'll shape up.

I also like that they ditched the trope of waking up in a hospital 28 days later, which is usually used to avoid showing the outbreak occur. It's fresh to actually see the apocalypse breaking out, and everyone reacting differently. They know that they're doing survival horror with heavy emphasis on character development, whereas it felt like the original couldn't decide what route they were taking for a while.

I also like that there isn't a clear "leader", and if there is one, in my opinion it's the blonde white lady, which is also fresh-- You don't see many strong female leads in this genre. They have a pretty wide spread of characters, though, which could be weird. The mexican guy reminds me a bit too much of Hershel. I'll admit that I think I might enjoy Fear the Walking Dead more than TWD. I felt like in TWD, around the time Sophie went missing. By the time they found her, I didn't care whether she was dead or alive, and from then on, I felt like if they were on a farm for so long they should have fortified it better rather than just relaxing and hoping for the best, rather than letting all hell break loose like they did. I haven't been too emotionally invested in the show since then, and still am having to slowly drag myself through the most recent season. It's just too slow at times -- They spend too much time developing a character only to have them die or go missing soon after.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to say that I was saddened by episode 4.. Episode 3 was quite gruesome and dark, in the sense that you never really knew what was going on. Ep 4 only had that when she was under the car, really.
    It is the same that happened with American Horror Story, I felt like it had so much potential if they kept it gruesome, instead it turned into a comedy horror ish show.

FTWD Certainly has potential, but they need to keep it dark, it seems they are building up to something massive soon I am crossing my fingers.

Velia Gardener's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just love the TWD!