0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Xbox] Any risk?

Basically, 2 kids I know who live in my area scammed 2 Xbox live accounts which both had credit cards on them. They changed all the info on the accounts and bought a ton of Microsoft Points with the cards attached to the stolen account. They then removed the credit card from the account after using it.

I managed to get the email and password off the kids and take the accounts for myself. With one account I bought loads of Xbox Arcade Games but with the other one I have not bought anything yet. I changed the info on both accounts.

If somehow the accounts get reported or someone files a complaint through their bank, who would get in trouble? Bare in mind all I did was use the stolen Microsoft Points on the account to buy stuff and download it to my console, nothing else. The kids where the original scammers and the ones who bought Microsoft Points with the 'stolen' cards.

What's the outcome for me? Can i get into any trouble?

All help is thanked.

[Xbox] Any risk?
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will likely investigate all IP's that connected to the account after it was compromised. If you really didn't use the credit card yourself, you can just say that they gave you the account, or you bought it off them.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probs will get contacted by law enforcement. I don't think your allowed to sell xbox live accounts either so that wont work in your defense.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

[Lucky]'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    They will likely investigate all IP's that connected to the account after it was compromised. If you really didn't use the credit card yourself, you can just say that they gave you the account, or you bought it off them.
    Nope, I didn't buy MS points or use the credit card whatsoever. All I did was use the points on the Xbox account, I bought games from the marketplace from my Xbox console. Could my xbox console get banned?

What could I say in my defence then? Could I just say I was given the account by the kids? Because logically if you were to assess the situation, I have not done anything wrong, I just used the MS points on the account they gave me, they changed all the info at first, bought ms points and removed the credit cards on their IP and console.

One of the kids even sent the email and pass by a message on xbox live, so I take it that's proof?

More help would be appreciated guys. thanks
    Last edited by [Lucky]; 06-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to do without than to worry if you are going to be caught

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

m0rbidang3l's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get out now man! the feds are coming for you hard!

run a magent over all your hard drives, and set it all on fire, it's the only way.