Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S4 League

Hello fellow MMOwned members
    I have recently come across a particularly interesting Korean MMO.
    I DID search before posting

S4 League
    General Facts:
    By now you're asking "What the hell is S4 League?".
    Well, the simplest way to summarize S4 League is:
    An anime version of Gunz.

"But how could you make graphics anime-like?"

see for yourself
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DjhVZoHxw]YouTube - S4: League Trailer[/ame]

"I don't understand Korean though"

Even though it's a Korean made game, it comes in many different languages; English, German, French, and many others. So don't worry about trying to read Korean, just set it to your language and go! It's all built right in.

It's fairly simple to get started. You may end up getting some connection errors but that's solved with a little searching and port reconfiguring. If you need some direction you can send me a PM through MMOwned and I will help get you started.

"I don't quite understand what this game is about?"
    It's a shooter that is advertised as also "sports". Because there are many things you can do on S4 League:
    TouchDown (You grab the Fubi in the middle and take it to the opponents base to score. It's all about teamwork. Like football or soccer depending where you live)
    Chaser (One person is randomly selected to become uber strong and chases you around to kill you. The longer you can stay alive or the most people you can kill, the more points. It's like a game of tag.)
    Death Match (You kill each other, but it's team VS. team. Just an all out slaughter fest.)

Don't worry if you feel outmatched. They have different rooms for different level players. So your puny level 1 won't be playing against a level 26.

"Woah there's a leveling system?"

Of course!
    The more matches you win the more money (or PEN) and experience you get.
    You can even get a certain amount for losing too.
    Also, the higher your level, the more gear you can buy.
    But beware, the gear you buy has a time limit on how long you can use it.
    The time limit ranges from 5 hours to 10 days or more (of played time, not actual time passed.
    When you achieve higher levels, you can also make alternative characters. Up to a maximum of 3 (total) characters.

My Review:
    Graphics: 3/5
    The graphics are definitely not next-gen stuff. However, I do like the anime look. It works well for the game.

Gameplay & Difficulty: 4/5
    The gameplay is pretty simple. Before you can learn any new abilities you have to do a basic tutorial of how to use it effectively. So everything is pretty self explanatory. But the missions were confusing. Apparently you have to do those in matches against other players. I thought it was a solo way to earn cash.

Setup: 4/5
    The setup was nice and easy. I had a little hiccup with the connection to the server though (mentioned previously). I had to open up some ports on my router to allow a strong connection. The settings for graphics etc. where all simple.

This game currently has me enticed for the time being. It's interesting, new, fun and exciting. Being new, I didn't want to really play against anyone but you have to in order to understand the game better. Alot of the players will be nice, but there is the occasional ass. But the cool thing is you can chat to ANYONE, even your enemies. Smack talk all you want, or ask them for mercy like me.

Without further ado; S4 Leagues Homepage:

games everything - S4 League - alaplaya.net

S4 League