Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to make a script for the Arreat Core?

Would it be too hard to make an Autoit script for the Core due to enemy positioning and chests, or is it possible?

Is there a way to make a script for the Arreat Core?
    Botle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually been wondering the same. I had a quick go at trying to detect mobs by looking at pixels on their overhead health bar. Problem is that it does not contain the same pixel color and if you use a shade variation it will get bugged because of the color of the enviroment.

When the close sarkoth running I'm gonna look into these two option:
    A) Combining the presence of both their overhead health bar and the title healthbar to dertermine if there is a monster. That way, you should be able to do pixelsearch with shade variation

B) Write a method that determines your ABSOLUTE map coordinates at all times. Then you could use the pixelchecksum to dertermine if something moves even if you move yourself. This will only work at all times if you could turn off that pesky "light glow" the game has. Dunno if everything off and low quality of every graphics option will achieve this.

Option A is the most simple, but requires the monsters overhead health bar to be visible.

skohcl's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spam and run would maybe work for nightmare, with ferrets. Creating some decent .png's of parts of monsters that don't alter with shading, but if they die, they might still be seen as living... detecting elites you would think would be easy enough. Same with treasure goblins.

I think there would have to be a general database built for detecting monsters/chests/elites/etc. Then attack functions for each ability, and basically would be very time consuming but possible?

Like have a general move path for static maps, then on the way to destination A/B/C execute the find and attack functions.

Botle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    Spam and run would maybe work for nightmare, with ferrets. Creating some decent .png's of parts of monsters that don't alter with shading, but if they die, they might still be seen as living... detecting elites you would think would be easy enough. Same with treasure goblins.

I think there would have to be a general database built for detecting monsters/chests/elites/etc. Then attack functions for each ability, and basically would be very time consuming but possible?

Like have a general move path for static maps, then on the way to destination A/B/C execute the find and attack functions.
    For non-static maps you could read pixels of the mini-map to determine where to move next.

Botle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SpamBears: Are the colors correct for all acts? While I was messing around with it I found that the pixels on the health bar in act 1 was different compared to those in act 3.

Thanks for sharing the color codes. Getting those are the most painful part of making autoit bots

Botle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tool. I use meazure right now which also gets the job done. I think I will write a tool soon which stores coords and color in a file. That ought to take most of the work out of the really pixelgetcolor-heavy coding.