Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Minor] Infested Affix Pet Exploit - Big Potential?

Hi everyone. This is a pretty minor exploit but I think it has the potential to be much, much more if someone with more knowledge of game mechanics than I can play around with it. Classes with pet access are able to effectively gain the Symbiote of G'huun buff (the infested affix indicator, which provides a passive +10% heal every 3 seconds to nearby allies) on their own pet!

This is very easy to replicate, you simply:

1. Enter a King's Rest M+ Key at 10 or higher so that mobs are infested.
    2. Clear the dungeon up to the first room after the first boss. In this room, several packs of trash are frozen in place and come to life in a random order. The pack we are interested in is on the near-right side of the room as you enter it. The warrior mob will fixate someone and bladestorm around the room while the caster will simply cast shadow bolt at the primary target.
    3. Once this pack is active (and one of the mobs is infested) wait until RNG is in your favor and the player with the pet gets mind controlled.
    4. As soon as this happens, kill the infested mob in the pack and wait for the spawn's of g'huun to infest the mind controlled player.
    5. Once this happens, you can safely dispel the mind control. Voila! Your pet is now infested.

Note: I'm not sure if killing the mob that casts the mind control (in the case where it is the infested one) will break the MC, so if it does, this won't work unless the opposite mob is the infested one. I am unsure who exactly casts the MC or if it is randomly applied and not tied to either mob directly, but the 'encounter' as a whole.

Some things to note regarding the buff itself:

- It will phase with dismissal/summoning of the pet! So you can take this anywhere (at least that I've tested) without losing it.
    - Currently (and rather unfortunately) the buff does not affect player characters. Neither you nor your allies will be healed by your pets buff. However...
    - NPC's (friendly AND HOSTILE!) will be healed by the buff. This will make whichever pet you choose to infest unusable normally in PvE, so try this out with a 'dummy' pet.

Some ideas I have thought up but have not tested, feel free to try them and report what happens!

- Testing if the buff works on player vehicles (not sure if they are considered an NPC or not)
    - 30 man raid full of pet users who all have pets with the buff (send pets in to boss, sit back, watch them heal for 300% every 3 sec as they slowly whittle away at the boss)
    - Intentionally killing your pet in an encounter in the presence of a friendly NPC. Take ICC for example, specifically the lich king. When he imprisons Tirion in ice, taunt the boss with your pet so that it is killed and see if the spawns specifically target the ALLIED NPC (this could backfire based on the way the healing works on hostile NPC's, need to test). If this works solely on allied NPC's here, it opens up the potential for any fight with allied NPC's present to be cheesed.
    - Companion (battle) pets. Will the spawn consider them an NPC if the pet dies? Worth testing; if this is the case then anyone could possess the buff on a companion pet.

I'm sure there are tons of other uses I'm not even beginning to think of, so I want to see what others can do with this!

[Minor] Infested Affix Pet Exploit - Big Potential?
  2. Thanks h42 (1 members gave Thanks to Amagicalman for this useful post)
    Huntermoose's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I explored this at length with my guild, if you pull the pet out in the world you have ~5 seconds do to something with it. We went to infest the exodar and had no luck.

Amagicalman's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Huntermoose View Post
    I explored this at length with my guild, if you pull the pet out in the world you have ~5 seconds do to something with it. We went to infest the exodar and had no luck.
    So to clarify, it's now falling off the pet for you? This may be (slightly) fixed, then, if that's the case.

poliq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope to manage it finally:shh: