0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few questions about gathering bots

Hello

I have a few questions about bots.

1. What is the most common/best gathering bot right now? free or paid doesnt matter.
    2. What do you do with the money? I want to transfer it to my main account, but it's not absolutely necessary.
    3. What happens to all the money if you get banned and how do you keep it safe?
    4. Does blizzard have ways to connect a botting account to my main account? And if so what can they do about it? ban both?
    5. Can you have multiple WoW accounts on the same battle.net account, without them all getting banned?

More questions will come to mind I'm sure, but for now I need information on what bot to get, and how to keep my main account safe. I don't even look to make a lot of profit just want to take part in this.

Few questions about gathering bots
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Any "publicly known" gathering bot you use you will be banned within 1-2 weeks. Blizzard has cracked down super hard on botting, it's no longer a way for casual users to profit from.

Now, to specifically answer your question:

1. Since Honorbuddy's shutdown, I would say WRobot - Bot for World of Warcraft Legion - is your best user friendly bot
    2. Best way to bot is to use a VPN and deposit into a guild bank that's controlled by an alt.
    3. Guild bank gold is rarely touched on an account ban, so you'll get to keep most if not all of it.
    4. Yes, blizzard can and will investigate if you bot carelessly. If possible: Use unqiue hardware id (ie, entirely new computer to bot on), and throw it on a VPN (or proxy if you're not looking to invest). They will and can connect the dots, but most bans are automated now, so they won't investigate unless you scream at them in tickets
    5. You "can" use multiple bnets on the same account, but that risks #4 more. If you're botting completely causally, i wouldn't say you have much to worry about (if you keep it on the same bnet account), but if you're doing what I used to: 15-20 accounts at a time, then no, obviously not.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

sleazycunt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer SniffingPickles.

You say they catch common bots in 1-2 weeks. Do they catch people because of player reports or can they detect the bot themselves?

I'm not looking to run 20 accounts to bot for sure, just one maybe around 10h a week, or whatever I would feel keeps me safe but still getting some gold.

I actually used a BG bot and a fishing bot back in Wrath quite a bit and iirc didn't get banned once, while my buddies got busted a few times for the same programs.

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sleazycunt View Post

You say they catch common bots in 1-2 weeks. Do they catch people because of player reports or can they detect the bot themselves?
    They literally are able to detect the bots themselves now. It's awesome and horrible at the same time.

Awesome because pvpers can have an equal ground to stand on....sorta.

Horrible, because I lost a $50k/yr business to their updates.

Originally Posted by sleazycunt View Post
    I'm not looking to run 20 accounts to bot for sure, just one maybe around 10h a week, or whatever I would feel keeps me safe but still getting some gold.

I actually used a BG bot and a fishing bot back in Wrath quite a bit and iirc didn't get banned once, while my buddies got busted a few times for the same programs.
    Give it a shot, but know you'll 100% end up with a 6 month ban. They're hunting botters as if their precious in game currency is money or something (jk). Botting in WoW will never be the same, we had a great run, but automation future is dead as it's just going to be cat vs. mouse.

I'd move on to other games to bot on before thinking about doing it on WoW
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

sleazycunt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    They literally are able to detect the bots themselves now. Give it a shot, but know you'll 100% end up with a 6 month ban.
    I still see the same bots running pretty much 24/7, and I know they have been reported by multiple people. So do these guys have something special or how do they do it?

If they can bot even for 2-4 weeks, possibly longer, and keep the profit then I'd imagine it might be worth it to have a separate botting accounts.

Do you know how effective player reports are? If only one player reports a person for botting then is that really gonna lead to something? Also is it 6 months for the first offence? iirc back in wrath people got banned something like 72h > a week > month or something.

Seen people using a bot, and they all seem to move the same way, and all of them attack and keep attacking a person if you put them in combat, seems like they will stay in combat hitting you until the user comes back. Makes me think they are all using the same program, for weeks 24/7 basically.