Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHK Pixel Bot

Hey guys.

I've been using AHK for well over ten years, I've never received a single ban, suspension or warning for using AHK to automate game play. So... originally I started using AHK as a simple key repeat and used the GSE macro sequencer addon, making one button macro sequences which were toggled on/off using 13 lines of code in an AHK script to repeat a key press every 100ms. I accepted this risk and carried on regardless. I maintained this for many years, with no ban. To note, I always play PvE, so there is no risk of being reported for cheating in PvP content.

I moved on to using ELK for a short time, I'm sure many of you will be aware that ELK was eventually detected and my account was banned even though I had not used ELK for months prior, it must have been flagged previously that I had used it, and my account was banned along with everybody else who I knew had been using ELK at the time.

After the ELK ban wave, I decided to go back to AHK. I have been using a simple script to fully automate my rotation and I compile the script into an executable. I haven't been banned... Yet...

Happy to share the script and how I've done this, if anybody is interested, but my question is:

Has anybody ever actually been banned for using AHK in World of Warcraft? Because I haven't, and I've never actually spoken to anybody who has been banned specifically or solely using AHK as an exploit. I have however read several warnings about it's use, and people saying "you will be banned" or "It's just a matter of time". Yet, time goes on... Surely if this was something Blizzard could easily detect, or wanted to control then I would have been banned years ago?

AHK Pixel Bot
  2. Thanks digyen (1 members gave Thanks to Gregor1 for this useful post)
    digitalerr0r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gregor1 View Post
    Hey guys.

I've been using AHK for well over ten years, I've never received a single ban, suspension or warning for using AHK to automate game play. So... originally I started using AHK as a simple key repeat and used the GSE macro sequencer addon, making one button macro sequences which were toggled on/off using 13 lines of code in an AHK script to repeat a key press every 100ms. I accepted this risk and carried on regardless. I maintained this for many years, with no ban. To note, I always play PvE, so there is no risk of being reported for cheating in PvP content.

I moved on to using ELK for a short time, I'm sure many of you will be aware that ELK was eventually detected and my account was banned even though I had not used ELK for months prior, it must have been flagged previously that I had used it, and my account was banned along with everybody else who I knew had been using ELK at the time.

After the ELK ban wave, I decided to go back to AHK. I have been using a simple script to fully automate my rotation and I compile the script into an executable. I haven't been banned... Yet...

Happy to share the script and how I've done this, if anybody is interested, but my question is:

Has anybody ever actually been banned for using AHK in World of Warcraft? Because I haven't, and I've never actually spoken to anybody who has been banned specifically or solely using AHK as an exploit. I have however read several warnings about it's use, and people saying "you will be banned" or "It's just a matter of time". Yet, time goes on... Surely if this was something Blizzard could easily detect, or wanted to control then I would have been banned years ago?
    share your method

Gregor1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by digitalerr0r View Post
    share your method
    As I said. The method, is an AHK script which is compiled into an executable. 🤷*♂️

digitalerr0r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gregor1 View Post
    still waiting my dude

Gregor1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by digitalerr0r View Post
    still waiting my dude
    I have sent a PM

leehaaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 lines? I am interested in what spec you play and what you monitor for.
    Could you let me know what you use for showing the pixels you want? I'm assuming you use some private addons for that?