0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS3 v 360 a Technical Stand off "Rematch"

I reworked the post to give 360 more of a chance and cleared up some “mistakes” i made in the last post i also added a few sections aswell as revised a few others.

There is also a point system after every section to show who won.

---Games---

The 360: The 360 has over 250 games and has ben out for 2.5 years 35% of the games are exclusive

PS3: The PS# has over 145 games and has ben out for a lil over a year 15% are exclusives

Exclusives:
    Gears of War
    Crackdown
    Fable
    Mass Effect 1,2,3
    Halo
    Viva Pinta
    Blue Dragon
    Table Tennis
    Too Human 1,2,3
    BioShock
    Dead or Alive 4
    Dead Rising
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Forza
    Huxley
    Lost Planet
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Saints Row
    Shadowrun
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Ninety Nine Nights
    CromeHounds

PS3:

-Heavenly Sword
    -Gran Turismo
    -Ratchet & Clank
    -War hawk
    -Kingdom hearts
    -Haze
    -Final Fantasy
    -killzone 2
    -Motor Storm
    -Resistance
    -Metal Gear 4
    -dark sector
    -Unreal 3

Conclusion: Xbox has more games but in the time it took 360 to come out with 250+ games PS3 came out with over half that in 1/3 of the time. If you like exclusives go 360 but PS3 will get more exclusives soon. 360 is mainly FPS games and is reported “to need more of a veriaty” but because it has more exclusives it wins. This section

PS3: 4.5 360: 5

---Graphics---

360: Custom ATI Processor clocked at 500 Megahertz with 512 megabyts ram shared with the GPU. The games look great but dosent have a high draw distance.

PS3: RSX "Reality Synthesizer" Clocked at 550 Megahertz with 256 megabyts of ram. This is a custom Nvidia Graphics card and is more powerfull than 2 Nvidia seven thousands.

Conclusion: The PS3 RSX is faster By clock and memory because the 360 is sharing the ram with the GPU and shard memory is much slower. the only advantages you get with 360's Custom ATI Processor is it has better lighting, even tho the 360 games seem to look better so far, this is because games are made for the 360 and “ported to the PS3” But so far games look better on the 360 but developers are catching up and eventualy PS3 games will look better but how long this will take is unknown

PS3: 4.5 360: 5

---Processer---
    360: Custom IBM PowerPC CPU clocked at 3.2 GHz for each core it has 3 cores like having 3 processors Is much easer to program.

PS3: Cell Processor clocked at 3.2 GHz for each core the cell has 8 cores the same thing as having 8 processes, the 8th core isnt used and the 7th core is running security. The PS3 has 1 power PC spreading the data through out the cores, meaning it is slower if not programed to use all 6 game cores properly.

Conclusion: The PS3 has more power if programed right, the 360 is easyer to program so it is faster on games that got rushed. They are both powerfull but both have faults the PS3 has more general power tho so its gona win in the long run.

PS3: 5 360: 4

---Control---

360: Up to 4 controllers running with 2.4 GHz Wireless up to 25 feet No motion but has vibration

PS3: Up to 7 controllers running with blue tooth up to 75 feet. Sixaxis motion sensing and rumble comming soon

Conclusion: The up to 7 controllers is very useless and will never be used so sony wasted time on that, the motion sensing still needs tweaking and the PS3 has no rumble. (until jan when they get rumble) But the motion is still a +. The 360 is the same way but with rumble and no motion, 360 slightly wins because i like rumble.

PS3: 4 360: 5

---Compadability---

360: DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD Dual-Layer DVD-ROM 3 USB 2.0, 2 Memory Card Slots And 30% of the old Xbox games work on the 360

PS3: DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD BD-R BD-R/RW BD-ROM Blu-ray BD-ROM 6 USB 2.0, CF Slot (Type I, II), SD Slot (Regular, Compact), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, 1 x Optical Audio
    and 98% of the PS2 Games work on the PS3

Conclusion: The PS3 has way better backward comparability and can read more formats...and to watch HD movies on the 360 you need to pay 200 more dollars.

PS3: 5 360: 3

---Price---
    360: Stand alone 299-399$

360 (everything the PS3 has): 399$
    1 play and charge kit 20$
    Wireless lan 60$
    HD DVD Player 199$
    Xbox live 1 year 60$
    Total is 360 has everything the PS3 has out of the box: 737$

PS3: 399-499$

Conclusion: For saving 100 dollars you loose a lot of features and if 360 were to have everything the 499 ps3 has then its actually more expensive but if you got 300 dollars to burn on a good console get 360 if you have 500 then get PS3. In the end tho not every one has 500 dollars to burn so i gota give the 360 the good price

---Looks---
    Conclusion: Both consoles look very good the PS3 is slightly bigger and a lot will say it looks better if it wernt for the big 360 power brick 360 would tie with the PS3 in this part

PS3: 5 points 360: 4 points

---Life expectancy----

360: 1 mounth - 4 years failure rate 30% (about 1 in 3) Warranty: 3 years

PS3: 1-6 years failure rate 0.6% ( about 1 in 200) Warranty: 1 year

Conclusion: The PS3 has a higher life expectancy and fails a lot less (no matter what both consoles will fail) but in the rare chance the PS3 fails the 1 year warranty wont help you much and 1 year isn't a lot unlike the 360's 3 year warranty

---Online---

360: Xbox live is amazing and has improved a lot over the years and is only getting better, with millions of people online and thousands of downloads Xbox live is just awsome.

PS3: The Playstation Network is 1 year into its life and is looking “ok” but still has room for improvement. There arnt a lot on it right now but they got a good start.

Conclusion: Xbox live has many more downloads people and features. PSN still needs improvement

PS3: 2 360: 5

Finnal Conclusion: PS3 and 360 are both good systems but the PS3 is much better for what you get for your buck and when it comes to processing power. The 360 dose have better lighting but worse draw distance. a Blue ray disk holds a lot more than a HD DVD so bigger games can go on the PS3. PSN is not nearly as good as the 360's Xbox live but its free.

PS3: 38 360: 41

So the 360 and PS3 are very close i will update this every 3 mounths with a new post because both consoles are evolving very quickly
    Last edited by Zore.; 12-08-2007 at 12:17 AM.

PS3 v 360 a Technical Stand off "Rematch"
    EliMob441's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice has both sides of each and its a fair race, the big turning point for ps3 and 360 is the people

xbox- like 36mil
    ps3- 9mil

and people think of the price but they do overspend depending on what they want. My freind spluged on a 360 and spent like 700bucks so the money issue is depending on how much you have

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, this wasn't biased at all.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

Mentol's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice post. +Rep

---free_kill---'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now thats a good post Zore like Elimob said it has both sides to both systems =D

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ---free_kill--- View Post
    Now thats a good post Zore like Elimob said it has both sides to both systems =D

Ya i got a lota complaints from the 360 users from my last post and i read up more about the 360 and added parts the 360 dose better in turns out in this system it won

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ONLY problem I have with 360's is the tabs on the faceplate's break too easy. I have one of the first gen ones and I have NEVER experienced a technical problem with it. And the "power brick" isn't even that much of an eyesore or a pain in the ass.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

grond's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finnal Conclusion: PS3 and 360 are both good systems but the PS3 is much better for what you get for your buck and when it comes to processing power. The 360 dose have better lighting but worse draw distance. a Blue ray disk holds a lot more than a HD DVD so bigger games can go on the PS3. PSN is not nearly as good as the 360's Xbox live but its free.
    overall good review... but seriusly don't go after the ''godly'' blueray... its gona crash and burn... why u might ask? very expensive to make, every1 need to buy new blueray players (when they come out) and SOny is the only1 able to make em since they got copyright.... do i need to reminf ppl about the minidisk????
    and who cares about the engine if the game is fun to play:P theres a reason ppl still play Cs 1.6 u know

but again, nice of u ( a solid ps3 supporter it seemes) to take the case from both sides:P
    You know the world is going to shit when the most powerfull men in the world are named Bush and Dick!

EliMob441's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Relz View Post
    The ONLY problem I have with 360's is the tabs on the faceplate's break too easy. I have one of the first gen ones and I have NEVER experienced a technical problem with it. And the "power brick" isn't even that much of an eyesore or a pain in the ass.
    My xbox is one of the first and I have to say it breaks alot, I open cod4 brand new next day all scratches on it.

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump!!!!!!!

Daft's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG noooo!
    eh whatever, I still choose the 360

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of those 'exclusive' games are on PC too, y'know.

Daft's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And?... Most of the good ones won't come out until months or even years from now. Not to mention they are just all around better on the 360.

exuravita's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i aint much of a PS3 fan but my rating would be 7/10
    and on the xbox 360 my rating would be 9/10.
    i wont give any reason cause im lazy

Tom_2001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ps3 is best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast