3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sons of Hodir

Well, i did the initial quest chain to get friendly, but then decided to not get exhalted afterall, and got really really close to honored. I then migrated, and the entire quest chain was reset, including the quest that gives 28k rep. Well, basically I just did the chain after migrating again, and managed to do the quest that gives shitloads of rep, and was exhalted due to this.

I know this might need some backup, so i made a movie of my rep before delivering quest, seeing as how i understood it would work because migration often ****s up chains like this.

YouTube - repbug

Bildr.no
    Bildr.no
    Cheers, can be confirmed by yourself if u really need their rep.

Sons of Hodir
    Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant you just buy some relics of ulduar?

Uccat's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty senseless,

cause of the fact that you can get reputation off the Triumph Badges very very easily

Sneakylemons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isnt the point guys.. an exploit is an exploit nonetheless, ty for contributing. +rep
    I WAS DRILL ROLLED BY GZ. AND I LOVED IT.

Leonim's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    11/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, but you can still buy yourself exalted rep for the Emblem of Triumph, either way, +rep

Vyre's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what if you can buy it for emblems, lol?

This is a great exploit imo, finally, been so many reposts and crap lately, why not save the emblems for gems so you can get gold instead, if you're going to transfer server anyway?

+rep mate, nice find.

Platos's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Sneaky and Vyre said, its an exploit regardless of if there's other ways of doing it. If a way was discovered of letting Druids use Shadowbolt, sure you could bring a Warlock instead, but that doesn't make it any less of an exploit.

+rep blue, I won't get much use out of this myself, but its definitely going to be handy for someone.
    Alcoholism is a disease but it's the only the disease you can get yelled at for having. Damnit Otto you're an alcoholic. Damnit Otto you have lupus. One of these doesn't sound right.

dakafall's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice find, thanks

I agree with Vyre, there has been a lot of crap posted lately, nice to see something that has not already been found.
    Last edited by dakafall; 07-16-2010 at 12:29 AM.

stalkerzero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This used to work with Netherwing quest line as well. I have tried and tried to get it to work again but I have a feeling they fixed that one.

Exigious's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relics of Ulduar, on my server at least, sell for like a couple hundred gold a stack- And all you really need is maybe 3 stacks.

Feroid's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If somebody posted a way of getting 20k gold off a quest chain, would you guys reply saying "yeah but you can get gold easily this is pointless!"

???

Good working exploit regardless of if there are alternate methods of achieving the same thing.

Exigious's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feroid View Post
    If somebody posted a way of getting 20k gold off a quest chain, would you guys reply saying "yeah but you can get gold easily this is pointless!"

???

Good working exploit regardless of if there are alternate methods of achieving the same thing.
    No, your comparison is wrong. It's cool that he figured it out, but at the expense of a migration.

It would be like if he said, "Here's a way of getting 20k Gold, but you have to kill 1,000 Elites destroy their nest and become their new emperor. And After you do that, do it 5 more times migrating each time."

And it's like if we came along and said, "Woah- All you need to do is buy this thing three times, sell it for more and viola! 20k Gold."

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feroid View Post

???

All I'm saying, is doing that quest chain takes some time invested. Relics of ulduar are incredibly inexpensive on just about every server.

It would take you longer to actually DO the quest chain again, than farm up the ~200g it takes to buy enough relics to become exalted.

Sure, its an "exploit" but its one with little to no benefit (no "useless"). I mean I guess if you were going to do a server xfer anyways it would be mildly useful...but even in that situation it would be SIGNIFICANTLY faster to just farm the gold for the relics (or just have enough gold sitting around, which I'm sure we all do).

bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kazin420 View Post

All I'm saying, is doing that quest chain takes some time invested. Relics of ulduar are incredibly inexpensive on just about every server.

It would take you longer to actually DO the quest chain again, than farm up the ~200g it takes to buy enough relics to become exalted.

Sure, its an "exploit" but its one with little to no benefit (no "useless"). I mean I guess if you were going to do a server xfer anyways it would be mildly useful...but even in that situation it would be SIGNIFICANTLY faster to just farm the gold for the relics (or just have enough gold sitting around, which I'm sure we all do).
    I was thinking of turning in relics myself until i realised you NEED to do the quest chain in order to turn in relics. So if u migrate and you are not exhalted, you will have to do the chain either way, making you exhalted :=)

Vyre's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Exigious View Post
    No, your comparison is wrong. It's cool that he figured it out, but at the expense of a migration.

It would be like if he said, "Here's a way of getting 20k Gold, but you have to kill 1,000 Elites destroy their nest and become their new emperor. And After you do that, do it 5 more times migrating each time."

And it's like if we came along and said, "Woah- All you need to do is buy this thing three times, sell it for more and viola! 20k Gold."
    You obviously don't get it, ofcourse noone would migrate just for this, but IF YOU ARE DOING IT ANYWAY This way is much easier and cheaper than getting relics / doing dailies. That's the point. It's and explot, and a great one if your migrating. There's lots of exploits you can say: "Well you have to migrate so it sucks, because it's not worth it" it's not about that, it's about if you're going to migrate anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast