0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rested XP from 70 > 80

Hi there , I recently found something that will hopefully help people out. I have a habit of levelling toons to level 70 and then leaving them inactive for months then come back to level from 80. My recent toon , I noticed that the rested XP has been keeping up with my level's with no ending , though , the only difference I have done with this new character was I halted XP at level 70 when it was inactive.

Now , obviously screenshot won't really prove much , but I had a friend who also halted XP @ 70 confirm that the xp was infact more then 2 and half levels more.

Just to clarify , the exploit is :
    Character @ 70 that has XP turned of and been turned on , you will have rested XP till level 80.

Hope this helps anyone there

-EM
    Last edited by ElementalMastery; 06-10-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Rested XP from 70 > 80
    Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I'm not sure about this as when you gain XP by doing anything else than killing stuff, the rested XP will go pushed forward, therefore if its at max and you're questing or doing AV or something, the rested bar will most likely remain all the way until 80, myself I've had a character inactive at level 70 for more than a year, and I could see the end of my rested bar at level 77.

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure about this as when you gain XP by doing anything else than killing stuff, the rested XP will go pushed forward, therefore if its at max and you're questing or doing AV or something, the rested bar will most likely remain all the way until 80, myself I've had a character inactive at level 70 for more than a year, and I could see the end of my rested bar at level 77.
    that and every time you log out to take a break you regain a bit of that rested bar again. i have had it with every char i had so far wich is total of 6 alts now

Darknights's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about to try to confirm this on my priest. Anyone else tried yet?

I just tried this and nothing happened. i went to the man. turned my exp off. exp bar dissapeared, turned it back on again, still go the same rested i had before.
    Last edited by Darknights; 06-10-2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Ah, your ears are fine. It's what's between 'em that scares me.

Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlodyWarior View Post
    that and every time you log out to take a break you regain a bit of that rested bar again. i have had it with every char i had so far wich is total of 6 alts now
    Ye, exactly, so I doubt this is an exploit unless someone can confirm it by grinding all the way to 80 without logging out

kcall20's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started leveling up a old DK tank that had been rested for a few months now. Going to purely dungeon level him to see. Ill report back when I get to 72 or 73

Neonic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Fubar_Experience FU

It will show u how much rested exp exactly u have.

Plus i think he means if u turn off XP it doesnt stop at 1.5 levels it continues resting. Easy way to test would be to get a lv70 with 1.5 levs rested. Turn off the XP, wait 1 day, Turn it back on and it should be say 1.6 levels.

Experience fu will display it as 150% rested (1.5levels) so if it says 151% it might actually be an exploit.

However as a previous poster mentioned i think he is simply 1.5 rested while questing 70-80 and just not using up all his rested before he hits 80. Easily done, you get far more exp from quests than kills and quest sdont eat up rested, only kills.

colincancer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this might be more of a helpful hint than an exploit! :P
    #JODYS'WATCHiN

kcall20's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kcall20 View Post
    Just started leveling up a old DK tank that had been rested for a few months now. Going to purely dungeon level him to see. Ill report back when I get to 72 or 73
    Finished up, got to 72 and have no more rested XP stopped :/... So im sorry to say there is no exploit

rodpad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the majority of XP from 70-80 comes from quest hand-ins so it's no wonder you might have thought this at first.

s_e_a_n_66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an addon called "Rested" that will show the exact amount of rested XP. I didn't have a toon at 70 to test this with, but I tried it on my banker with 150% rested and checked the next day. I had 13050 rested XP yesterday and I still have 13050 rested XP today. Unless this is somehow specific to being level 70, I don't think this exploit works.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an exploit.
    Closed.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.