0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account Security Guide

Hey guys, this is a LOT better version of my previous account security guide

So you guys know about the secure way for password mhm?

ie egypt 3t065

Key to the upper left.

Im going to talk about the more advanced stuff, ie the Keyloggers + Viruses.

A well known virus has been going round recently, a fake antivirus. A popup on your screen comes up, "pretends" to scan your PC, finds FAKE viruses, and asks you to install it!
    Jolly old you thinks "mhm, I have viruses, best install this to get rid of them."

DO NOT

It is a keylogger that eventually asks you to enter your credit card information and if you decide to pay for it, scams your credit card details. And then you're fcked.

The best and REAL antivirus I would recommend is Kaspersky Kaspersky Lab UK :: Antivirus software.

It is basically ANTI everything. It stops majority of threats and helps to stop.

Another item to watch out for, run regular scans of your PC.. and use a registry cleaner etc. A well known one of these is Eusing Free Registry Cleaner: Safely scan and repair registry problems - Spyware FREE., which is 100% spyware free and cleans up your registry AND makes your pc run faster!

Scan every single file you download, and do not unpack winrar files without scanning them! They cannot do anything whilst in the RAR still, so nip it in the bud if there is a virus.

Trojans will commonly change your host IP thingy so you cannot access any sites. It loops you to a random IP which gives the impression that nothing can be accessed, and your internet is off. I dont know the file specifically, but it is a well known sympton of a virus.

Don't ask for rep
    -Unholy[S]haman
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 05-23-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Don't ask for rep.

Account Security Guide
    Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you please change the font (and color to something brighter) so it's more legible?

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think it is necessary to post a new "guide" everytime you find a virus. there are millions out there. this is pretty dumb and useless

Shadowsteppa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confidence View Post
    Could you please change the font (and color to something brighter) so it's more legible?
    Better?

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by XxShadowsteppaxX View Post

Thank you, this has been shadow steppa for MMOwned, please rep if you found this useful.

now i will be calling you out....

this is a retarded guide. it is basic computer knowledge and has nothing to do with wow. Your grammar skills are really poor and 1/2 this guide make no sense at all.

Then you ask for rep, proving that this half assed "guide" was created for the sole purpose of gaining rep.

Shadowsteppa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I spelt symptom wrong.

restlesspyro's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good one is AVG

Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide is useless primarily because most of what it is comprised of is common knowledge. Also, you limit your information to one specific Antivirus software when you're supposedly discussing the broad topic of Account Security. Unfortunately, not even the greatest writer could be so concise and still manage to explain Account Security properly.

Next time you post solely in hopes to receive reputation, research and back up whatever you're posting with useful, needed information that appeals to the public.

themaster's Avatar Contributor
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide is more general than WoW related.. tbh i wouldn't post it here. And i don't think that the title fits it because its more a PC security guide instead account. Account security is just a cause of this guide, but not the main thing. AND BESIDES THAT DONT ASK FOR REP (1

- No Asking for Reputation
    Last edited by themaster; 05-22-2010 at 06:09 PM.

miles18's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't really find it useful.. Honestly, I already knew all this and all you did was tell us a fake virus pops up don't do it.. obviously? I'll give it to you tho that kaspersky is amazing i like it alot. But best of luck.