0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- My All-Around Gold Guide -

This will be organized by topic.

I may update this some more eventually.

Auction House Secrets/Tips

[SPOILER]

Do NOT always undercut. Only do this when other prices are spiked up. Some people have the idea that if they put auctions at a really low price for a short period of time, they will make others undercut them, therefore the original seller will buy the auctions you posted for a cheap price, then reselling them and taking down all his first auctions. I have wars with undercutters all the time.

Items that can be used to make a larger item, (for example, ten Crystallized Fires can turn into an Eternal Fire,) can be your friend. Some clueless people will post an amount of Crystallized Elements for a cheap price. If you find enough of the smaller version, you can turn it into a higher version and sell it for a higher price.

Good items to watch for:

• Raw epic gems - Usually your realm will have a main Jewelcrafter that will buy all raw gems available for 100g-130g. If you can watch the AH closely enough, you will notice that some auctions are selling gems for 80-100g, (usually the ones in high quantity.) This is either because the person who posted the auction sucks at math, (which won't be as likely now, thanks to the new auction posting system,) or the person is feeling generous, and wants to give a good deal if you buy his/her gems in bulk.

• Enchanting mats - Like above, most realms have a main Enchanter or two. On my realm, three different people are in a war for buying mats in bulk. One buys Abyss Crystals for 25g each, another buys 'em for 27g each. The whole time they're fighting in the /trade channel, there are auctions up in bulk, stacks of 20 for 400g-450g, or single auctions of 20g Abyss Crystals, (if you're lucky.) As I said before, people who have large auctions tend to sell for cheaper prices. People with small auctions usually try to get rid of the item asap, whether it be using the /trade channel, or the Auction House. This is a very bad habit to get into, and it may effect the realms economy like the domino effect. You undercut everyone by 10g, another person undercuts by 1g, etc. etc. etc. Who knows how long it will take before the prices for something went from 30g to 14g?

• Herbs and Ore - My favorite, as I am an Alchemist. I have two different people sending me bulk amounts of herbs at one time. Everyday, I get on to check and see that my mailbox has a few CoDs. I buy everything, find myself with a couple hundred stacks of herbs, and I just bought them for cheaper than the AH is listing for (because I'm buying in bulk.) Herbs and ore are not the best items to watch for, because the herbalists or miners do not go out and farm so they can get rid of something quick like the person who get the Abyss Crystal from a disenchant roll in your heroic. If you are an herbalist or a miner, try to find a Blacksmith or an Engineer (for miners,) or a Scribe and an Alchemist (for herbalists.) You basically don't have to wait to see if your auction will sell, or worry about undercutting when you have a deal like this set up.

[/SPOILER]

Items to Farm and Obtain

[SPOILER]
    Buy From Vendor Pets:

Item Name ----- My AH Price ----- Sold by

• Cat Carrier (White Kitten) ----- 80g ----- Lil' Timmy in Stormwind City

• Mana Wyrmling ----- 49g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm

• Brown Rabbit Crate ----- 20g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm

• Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling ----- 15g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm

• Red Moth Egg ----- 15g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm

• Wood Frog Box ----- 15g ----- Flik in Terrokar Forest

• Cat Carrier (Siamese) ----- 25g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm

• Ancona Chicken ----- 10g ----- Magus Tirth in The Thousand Needles

• Black Kingsnake ----- 5g - 10g ----- Xan'tish in Orgrimmar

• Blue Moth Egg ----- 5g - 10g ----- Sixx in The Exodar

• Brown Snake ----- 5g - 10g ----- Xan'tish in Orgrimmar

• Cat Carrier (Orange Tabby) ----- 15g ----- Donni Anthania in Elwynn Forest

• Cockroach ----- 5g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm or Jeremiah Payson in Undercity

• Red Dragonhawk Hatchling ----- 10g ----- Jilanne in Eversong Woods

• Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling ----- 10g ----- Jilanne in Eversong Woods

• Tree Frog Box ----- 15g ----- Flik in Terrokar Forest

• White Moth Egg ----- 5g - 10g ----- Sixx in The Exodar

• Yellow Moth Egg ----- 5g - 10g ----- Sixx in The Exodar

• Crimson Snake ----- 5g - 10g ----- Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm or Xan'tish in Orgrimmar

• Golden Dragonhawk Hatchling ----- 15g ----- Jilanne in Eversong Woods

• Great Horned Owl ----- 10g ----- Shylenai in Darnassus

• Hawk Owl ----- 5g - 10g ----- Shylenai in Darnassus

• Prairie Dog Whistle ----- 5g ----- Halpa in Thunder Bluff

• Rabbit Crate (Snowshoe) ----- 7g 50s ----- Yarlyn Amberstill in Dun Morogh

Extremely Rare Drop Pets:

Item Name ----- My AH Price ----- Dropped By

Great Twink Items (level 19 twinks):

Name of Item ----- My AH Price ----- (click item name to see drop rates and such)

Shadowfang ----- 220 - 499g

Assassin's Blade ----- 100g - 219g

Darkweave Breeches ----- 150g

Mindthrust Bracers
    ----- 44g - 100g

Staff of the Blessed Seer ----- 63g - 100g

Twisted Chanter's Staff ----- 54g - 90g

Keller's Girdle ----- 15g - 30g

Night Reaver ----- 21g - 50g

Sentry Cloak ----- 30g - 50g

Best spots for Chunk O' Mammoth found in two zones:

Sholazar Basin: Search for the Shattertusk Mammoth's, the Shattertusk Calf,
    or Shattertusk Bull, all found around the Glimmering Pillar and the Savage Thicket. Rather large radius in which you can go out to find them.

Borean Tundra: Look for the Mammoth Calf, and the Wooly Mammoths below the Fizzcrank Airstrip, to the east of Amber Ledge, to the west of the Geyser Fields, and to the northwest of Kaskala.

Rhino Meat

Two spots for Rhino Meat found in one zone:

Borean Tundra: Look for the Wooly Rhino Calves, Rhino Matriarchs, and Rhino Bulls. You will find them in two spots.

Spot 1: South of Amber Ledge, and northeast of Warsong Hold.
    Spot 2: North of Riplash Strand, and west of Valiance Keep.

[/SPOILER]

Be Aware of Event Items
    [SPOILER]

Items like Elegant Dress - Item - World of Warcraft may seem worthless and boring. The thing to keep in mind is that it will be a very rare item when Noblegarden is going to arrive in another three months. I bought 17 of these dresses for as low as 50s and as high as 7g, but eventually, items like these collectors may want for their, well... collection. They may be these for anywhere from 10g - 50g. Although this may seem like a stupid idea to you, buy the items anyway to be on the safe side. During the Winter Veil, I bought over 2000 snowballs on a bank alt, and I have had them sitting in his guild bank. During Summer, I'll sell all these for 2-5g/stack. Each snowball was, what? 10 copper? Yup. Holiday outfits and items like the snowball can make you a quick buck or two.

[/SPOILER]

Addons You Must Have

[SPOILER]

Loot Filter - Addons - Curse

You can set what you would and would not like to loot. Very useful when farming mobs.

MailGet - Addons - Curse

Wonderful when buying large amounts of something in the AH, or collecting gold from auctions.

Auctioneer - Addons - Curse

The must-have addon for all in the search for gold, rich or poor. Helps you track auction history, keep track of usual auction prices, helps you set prices for items in your inventory, tells you if an auction is over priced or under priced using the PCT column once the addon is installed. Your AH UI will have a whole new system introduced.

[/SPOILER]

When Running Lowbies...
    [SPOILER]
    Although this may make you not earn as much gold, (and possibly lose items that dropped,) this will make the run go much faster. Set the looting to Free for All, and whoever you're running, ask him/her to loot every corpse and give you all the items that he/she doesn't need. This way, you won't have to stop and loot your corpses, but can get the run done fast and efficiently.

Don't be satisfied with running a single person. If you're running someone to just make tips, never go with just one person to run. If you have 4 people that you are running, you will save time, earn a little more money, and if you want them to loot corpses like I said above, it won't take as long because four people rather than just one person is looting.

Always take the BoEs. If you are not an enchanter, then this would be a good tip to follow. You're going to want to take all the bind on equip items to either resell them in the AH (which won't be very likely unless it's a twink item,) or more importantly have them disenchanted. Lower level enchanting mats may not seem like much, but if you save mats up, it will be worth it in the end.

[/SPOILER]

High End Cloth Farming

[SPOILER]

We're going to start with Runecloth.

Runecloth

This type of cloth is very important, imo, for people who are trying to raise rep with home cities. Most people are too lazy to get out and do the starter quests even if they need rep badly. Here are my favorite spots to farm Runecloth:

Hellfire Ramparts

Although this is Burning Crusade content, it still drops the Vanilla cloth.
    About every Humanoid mob in here, not counting the beasts (of course,) or the bosses, drops 1-4 Runecloth, and on a 46% chance. That's pretty good.

Eastern Plaguelands:

Farm here to the east of Stratholme, near the mountainous area.

Coords: (three different spots to the east of Stratholme)
    49.0, 14.5
    60.2, 20.5
    66.3, 12.4

You can go out in a rather large radius for these. Just kill everything in sight.

Coords: (three different spots to the southeast of Corin's Crossing)
    61.1, 78.6
    72.1, 77.4
    84.0, 81.3

Smaller radius for the first two, but the third coord is in the center of a large farming spot.

View the coordinates on a map here.

Netherweave Cloth

Shadowmoon Valley is the top spot for farming Netherweave. Here is another map I put together:

Netherweave Coordinates map you can find here.

You can go out in radius at a medium rate. Some are smaller than others. Very good drop rate, (39% - 51%.) Nagrand works too, but I prefer Shadowmoon Valley, so I won't go into the other zone.

Frostweave Cloth

The best places to find Frostweave is Sholazar Basin and Icecrown.

View Sholazar Basin Frostweave farming coordinates here.

View Icecrown Frostweave farming coordinates here.

The first two dots on Sholazar Basin have a very small radius, but the one directly the below the Avalanche is very wide. You can go out pretty far before wandering from the mobs. Drop rates are 39% - 45%.

All the Icecrown dots are medium sized. Drop rates for Icecrown are 35 - 48%.

[/SPOILER]

Permission to bump when updated?

Also, those who are reading this thread and NOT replying, I would like feedback. Thanks. /highfive
    Last edited by Cheat'R; 04-24-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Updating.

- My All-Around Gold Guide -
    jasejunk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, the blue in the last section and the red in the second are hard to read on my monitor though.

Other than that, nice work! +Rep

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, looking good, +Rep
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

dallasrunner's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am just now starting the money making process... this was great help

Cheat'R's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the rep and replies.
    I'll edit the blue and red text so you can do a better job reading it
    Last edited by Cheat'R; 04-24-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Couwae's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Couwae; 01-18-2023 at 09:39 AM.

pewpewxx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Guide and spoilers :P +Rep
    Edit: Need to wait 24hours til giving away more rep >.<
    Edit: +Rep Inc
    Last edited by pewpewxx; 04-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Save Time - Watch the Overview
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/guild-wars-2/gw2-exploits/374055-complete-exploit-overview.html

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pewpewxx View Post
    Nice Guide and spoilers :P +Rep
    Edit: Need to wait 24hours til giving away more rep >.<
    Thanks, man.

bylmek
    Good guide, thanks

Rocker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the layout, and some pretty good info +rep from me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone. Will update tomorrow.

Again... permission to bump when updated? LF moderator to answer. /highfive