Official Glider Announcement [Regarding Underground Glider + New Product Launch!] menu

User Tag List

ocktra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official Glider Announcement [Regarding Underground Glider + New Product Launch!]

Greetings,

Just figured I'd spread the good/bad news (depends on how you look at it). MMOWNED will probably take quite a hit from this.. as this community is mostly made up of people who exploit games in various ways. Hopefully this announcement will clear up any confusion from the rumors you've heard:

http://vforums.mmoglider.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20
    Originally Posted by mmoglider.com
    I've finally gotten permission from Michael (Mercury) make this announcement in order to address the rumors that have been circulating about Glider. Hopefully this will clear things up.

About "Underground Glider"

There is absolutely no official underground Glider. This is just a rumor. Due to the pending lawsuit it would be very, very stupid to run a video game automation program under the table. However, rumor has it that a cracked Underground application of the latest-release of Glider "might" exist.

I cannot officially acknowledge its existence due to the lawsuit. If one were to want to acquire this underground version of Glider, I would suggest emailing "[email protected]" and the hypothetical Underground Glider developers might send you a free copy of Underground Glider + an activation key hash. Glider hypothetically lives on!

Glider's Future - NEW PRODUCT

I've been receiving a lot of questions about what has been going on "behind the scenes". As I'm sure you've noticed, the Glider developers, Mercury and Hamut, haven't been very active on the website. This is because they've been working on a secret project.

This project has gone through many names, as Mercury isn't very good at naming things. Some people call it "KakiT", while others simply refer to it as "CheatBot 2000". Other absurd names have been circulating.. but here comes the big announcement.

The new product will be named "Glider". I'm the one who actually convinced Mike to use this name, as we will be able to piggyback off of MDY's past success and widely-known brand.

The new Glider product will be video-game related so we've decided to keep the domain name "mmoglider.com" in order to monetize off of our already-established website traffic. Unfortunately, for the changeover / rebranding, MDY will be shutting down the website for at least a month. Everyone's website forum accounts will still exist, but sadly we will need to erase the thread/post database tables in order to start fresh with a clean slate. Forum reputation points will still remain - so no worries there!

So, what is the new product?
    MMO Glider, instead of being an automation program, will be a fully automated cheater-catching machine.. much more superior to our competitors such as Punk Buster, Blizzard's Warden, etc. I know this might be surprising to some of you, but MDY believes that this is the best direction to go in. Cheaters really won't have a fighting chance.. we expect that the new Glider will fully eliminate in-game cheating/botting for good.

"Cheating" in video games is an outdated trend. MDY has already established contracts with some of the biggest companies in the industry (legally cannot say which ones for at least a few months due to contract) - Glider anti-cheat software will be deployed with some big-name computer games as early as late 2010. We will not be working with Activision Blizzard Inc. so continued operation of the hypothetical non-existent Underground Glider will be allowed to continue.

This is a huge change.. an entire shift from what MDY Industries has been known for in the past. Please don't be too angry with MDY Industries.. MDY really has no choice. Due to the lawsuit it now just comes down to dollars and cents; MDY Industries needs the money and this change in direction is going to provide it. With money already pouring in from the video game companies, MDY can continue the fight against Blizzard Entertainment / Vevendi and hopefully win the appeal lawsuit.

More announcements regarding the new product / website downtime will be posted in the near future. Please keep all conversation regarding these upcoming changes in the official discussion thread.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the upcoming changes. If I do not know the answer - I will relay the question to Mercury and post the answer here.

Yes, you guys will still be able to bot and cheat in World of Warcraft, since Blizzard is refusing to contact with MDY Industries. However, I expect cheating to completely vanish from mostly every other popular online game.
    Glider FTW.

Official Glider Announcement [Regarding Underground Glider + New Product Launch!]
    Beastslayer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April Fools

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many emails that the previous post is going to get =P And also, it doesnt even make sense that a "cracked" version of the newest version of glider would exist... unless Merc/Hamut were still updating glider... since all the offsets would still be vastly outdated.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cute .

The-Eradicator's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laughed.

Edit: They have some other announcements as well.
    Last edited by The-Eradicator; 04-01-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally like the Roe v. Wade tie.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The-Eradicator View Post
    I laughed.

Edit: They have some other announcements as well.
    I thought they were seroius at one point =P

WannaBeProgrammer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    since all the offsets would still be vastly outdated.
    Patterns? filla

drunreal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lawl ! This made my day!

Toldorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...this was an April Fools

-bb

Novasparkle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mean joke. I miss glider so much...
    I smell magic in the air... or maybe barbecue - Spell Breaker (Warcraft III)