1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] LuaHobo - Run protected LUA

Right, first off; this is by no means a replacement for Cypher's LuaNinja, nor does it function like it. However, it does allow you to run protected Lua code. (externally)

This program is based on aHook by JuJuBiSc, and uses parts of Nesox's wrapper, as well as Shynd's black magic, so a huge shout out to them!

How do I set this up?
    • • Download and unzip.
    • • Rename Hobo.exe to anything else. (You never know, meit)
    • • Run World of Warcraft before running Hobo.
    • • When WoW has been launched, open up Hobo and select the process you want it to attach to. Click attach.
    • • In the bottom section, marked with "Lua", type the command you wish to run in-game (can be protected) and hit execute.

Right, here are some protected Lua functions (according to the WoW API page) for you to try:
    Code:
    PROTECTED AttackTarget() - Attacks the targetted unit. 
        PROTECTED CastShapeshiftForm(index) 
        PROTECTED CastSpell(spellID, "bookType") - Cast the specified spell by ID. spellbookTab is "spell" or "pet".
        PROTECTED CastSpellByName("name"[, onSelf]) - Cast the specified spell by display name.
    Known issues:
    • Doesn't always close down entirely.

Oh, just for clarity's sake, this is not passive. It calls FrameScript__Execute, also known as Lua_DoString and executes ASM. So keep out if you're a passive guru. Nor does being "poor man's" automatically mean we're doing it the obviously shitty way.

In order to access the window more easily in-game, tick the "Always on top" checkbox in the bottom right corner of the window. Also, this should be x64 and x32 compatible (contrary to my previous release).

It may not be as good as LuaNinja, but it gets the job done.

Downloads
    LuaHobo_20100114-2 - Latest

LuaHobo_20100114 - Archive

- Seifer
    Last edited by Seifer; 01-14-2010 at 10:28 PM.

[Release] LuaHobo - Run protected LUA
    snigelmannen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice +Rep
    " Spy sappin mah sentry! "

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't use this but good job anyways +Rep

Elitetech's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was quick. Looks nice +rep for giving teh luahaxx0rz back their hope
    Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

phorentez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know what exactly this program does. I do not know what a Lua code is :S Newbs to this kinda a stuff basicly doesn't. Could you may describe this program and what it does noob-freindly please ?

I read the thread with LuaNinja, but it did not gave me any look on what the program was and did.

Thanks, i will +rep if you would make a describtion

streppel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't test ist but +rep for sharing and teh fast work

Seifer's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phorentez View Post
    I would like to know what exactly this program does. I do not know what a Lua code is :S Newbs to this kinda a stuff basicly doesn't. Could you may describe this program and what it does noob-freindly please ?

I read the thread with LuaNinja, but it did not gave me any look on what the program was and did.

Thanks, i will +rep if you would make a describtion
    Basically, the WoW Lua engine or API is a set of functions provided by Blizzard to interact with and modify the World of Warcraft interface and behavior through the use of addons and macros.

However, you can't access all of these functions through console commands, as some of them are protected, I've listed some in the main post, as well as a list to all API functions, including the protected ones.

You can run "normal", or unprotected Lua functions through the console using "/script", e.g "/script RepopMe();" will transfer you to a spirit resser when you're dead. However, we can't use the protected functions using the "/script" command, for example "/script CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" won't work.

What LuaHobo does is allow you to run these functions by calling an Engine function in WoW, externally. So where the "/script CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" doesn't work in-game, you are able to execute this command through LuaHobo, by providing it with "CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" (the function name, not the console command!) in the Lua Execution section of the program.

This way you get around the protection, without interfering.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh great...

I think Blizzard has made it clear that they do not like modifications to/exposure of their Lua engine.

Good thing your implementation is so user-unfriendly that they might not care.
    Last edited by Robske; 01-14-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robske View Post

I lol'd irl.

Seifer's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robske View Post
    Oh great...

I think Blizzard has made it clear that they do not like modifications to/exposure of their Lua engine.

They don't like anything around here, for that matter.

I'll be working on making it more user friendly and feature-rich, too.

pkaa4eva_jr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban way 2011 in the works.

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder when someone will make a pay-version of this. From my experience paid bots like Honorbuddy/gatherbuddy/pirox or paid hacks like WoWinfinity are the ones that doesn't get detected....fast.... (Since it basically becomes the developers job to keep it secure). I'd like to pay for a secure LuaNinja/hobo/foo whatever, that'll work.. FUREVAAH
    Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    They don't like anything around here, for that matter.

I'll be working on making it more user friendly and feature-rich, too.

You've missed my point. Blizzard has always fixed this genre of hacks with speed. Both Kynox, Apoc and Cypher have released similiar software in the past, all have been detected so it's safe to assume that this one will suffer the same fate.

Now to quote the aussie:

Originally Posted by Cypher
    But keep in mind that once your cheat is public, then yes there's a risk of a ban as the Warden dev can hash your API hook.
    So either they'll catch you on your EndScene hook or hell, they could even add a stupid flag to Framescript_Execute and catch everyone abusing said function. Which I hope they do - as it will only affect those who copy code from everywhere without knowing wtf they are doing.
    This program is based on aHook by JuJuBiSc, and uses parts of Nesox's wrapper, as well as Shynd's black magic, so a huge shout out to them!
    Last edited by Robske; 01-14-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Mixed up kiwi's and aussie's
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also a question to OP. Do you really think releasing it a few days after a similar tool have caused a MAJOR banwave is smart? I doubt many people will use this

phorentez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    Basically, the WoW Lua engine or API is a set of functions provided by Blizzard to interact with and modify the World of Warcraft interface and behavior through the use of addons and macros.

However, you can't access all of these functions through console commands, as some of them are protected, I've listed some in the main post, as well as a list to all API functions, including the protected ones.

You can run "normal", or unprotected Lua functions through the console using "/script", e.g "/script RepopMe();" will transfer you to a spirit resser when you're dead. However, we can't use the protected functions using the "/script" command, for example "/script CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" won't work.

What LuaHobo does is allow you to run these functions by calling an Engine function in WoW, externally. So where the "/script CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" doesn't work in-game, you are able to execute this command through LuaHobo, by providing it with "CastSpellByName("Healing Wave")" (the function name, not the console command!) in the Lua Execution section of the program.

This way you get around the protection, without interfering.
    Thanks alot for that explanation I understand it now, it seems very dangerous to me, so i won't use, but +2rep, its awesome dude

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast