[Rogue]45-60kxp/h, free lock pick+weapon skill, 25-35g/hr, level ~44-60 farm guide menu

User Tag List

l4m0r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Rogue]45-60kxp/h, free lock pick+weapon skill, 25-35g/hr, level ~44-60 farm guide

Hello there, long time no see!

After over 5 years without being active here on this website, I've decided to return and share my very effective solo leveling guide for 44-54.

This guide farm will take place in Feralas from 44-54 (I accidentally wrote 60 in the thread, that is not true!!!). At 44 you want to grind on the nagas south of Feathermoon Stronghold, at around 46 you will want to go to the naga cave on The Island of Dread and start farming at the coordinates 25.66. Important thing here: Green mobs are easier to hit with your abilities, because of the level difference (so less resists/misses etc.)

Preparation:

- I'll start with the one time "big" investment. You want a "Gut Ripper" (epic dagger) with either Fiery Weapon or Greater Striking Enchant. The dagger and either of the enchants will cost you around 20-40g, depending on what prices you have on your server, but trust me, it is absolutely worth it. However the cost seems high, but for this farm you will only use potions/bandages/consumables/food for the first few hours, until you've got the hang of it. This will make up for the invested 20-40g rather quickly.

- As off hand weapon, you can use anything that is fast, so you can also train any weapon skill you want during this grind.

- Goes without saying but bring empty big bags. The only things you'll need are around 40 Instant Poisons and 40 Slowing Poisons (slowing only for the earlier levels you start here), 20 Flash Powder, mount and and your Hearthstone.

- this spec (at 44) Classic Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft. Next talents points should be spent into Lethality > Murder > Setup > Preparation > Deadliness > Vile Poisons.

- gather as many "of agility" and "of the tiger" parts as possible, all other stats are basically useless. You can do this, I didn't do it and went with my regular "of the monkey" gear, but there's no doubt your farm will be faster if you focus on agi/str items.

- a level 1 alt you can mail stuff to

- make 3 macros:
    Code:
    /cast !stealth
    Code:
    /cast pick pocket
    /cast ambush
    Code:
    #showtooltip INSTANT POISON V
    /use Instant Poison V;
    /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17;
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    You can change the poison rank in the last macro or change it to crippling poison. This macro will apply poison to your main hand on left mouse click and to your off hand on right mouse click. All the credits for this macro go to rogue discord.

- Bind your HS to Feathermoon Stronghold.

The Farm

Now let me tell you more about the spec how this farm works. The key point is that you will Ambush mobs and get Remorseless Attacks up. With that, crit from talents and base crit of your level, the next ambush will 100% crit the next mob and even without remorseless attacks you will have around 60% crit chance with Ambush. What you will do is plowing through mobs, because the nagas have very little armor. The casters usually die before the 5s cooldown of stealth is up and the melee mobs will die within 8 seconds.
    If Ambush or Pick Pocket resists, use your Ghostly Strike as long as Remorseless Attacks are up.

Farming Route:
    In Feralas you will want to start at 25.66, outside the cave and slay anything inside the cave except for Shalzaru and his right add. You can kill the left add without problems. The route you will figure out in time. When you're at top speed, you can clear out 43 mobs within respawn time and if you slay those outside of the cave, you will have no issues with waiting for respawn or even having to bandage/eat/etc. While running out of the cave leave at least one naga alive to kill it on your way back, so your Remorseless Attacks does not run out. Between the mobs I press my stealth macro, because I don't want to click the stealth button every time I leave combat. You can also edit the stealth macro so it is in one macro with your Hemorrhage and you bind your hemo macro to the same key as your ambush in stealth is. That allows you to spam one button only.

Rotation:
    Pick Pocket (use the macro if mobs are green to you, otherwise you will get many resists and can't ambush) -> Ambush>Ghostly Strike -> If mob is a non-caster: Hemorrhage > Eviscerate.
    With that rotation mobs should die within two gobals. The non-caster mobs have a tendency to survive a bit longer and run away just to add other mobs unless you crit. So make sure to use crippling poison on your MH until you feel that you have got the fleeing of mobs under control.

Loot:
    The beauty of the pick pocketing here is that you get so many Sturdy Junkbox, double silver per mob, extra greys to sell and Raw Spotted Yellowtails for the AQ pre event (they wil lbe worth a shit ton of gold then) With the Stury Junkboxes you can easily level Lockpicking at 175 and I think it goes until around 220, if I am not mistaken.
    The mobs do also drop Superior Healing Potion and Greater Mana Potion, which can be sold at the AH for a great profit and on top of that you will get around one Golden Pearl per level from the Clams. I vendored all the other pearls, because on my server they are worth shit, check how pricy they are on your server before vendoring them. Ony my server the Zesty Clam meat is worth nothing and I vendor it. The fish oil or whatever it is called, I just destroy because it vendors for literally nothing (might be different for Horde)
    I usually get 2-4 greens per hour. Got 1 epic, 0 blues and 5 pearls for 6 levels in the naga cave (I only started there at 48 ). I send all the stuff I want to sell on the AH to my alt so I can continue farming nagas.

Gold per hour:
    As said earlier, I believe this farm is worth that much only for rogues because of the pick pocketing and it includes the average of the Golden Pearls, an estimate about the Raw Spotted Yellowtails and the stuff that will be inside the lockboxes. I doubt any other class can pull off more than 15-20gph at this spot.
    If you are a miner, you can mine truesilver, gold and mithril in this cave, which should increase your GPH by a noticeable amount.

Downsides of this farm:
    Sometimes there are a few misguided level 60 sheep (surprisingly especially hunters and mages lol), who think the golden pearl farm in the cave is viable gold per hour for a level 60, but I can tell you it is not. In 6 levels of only slaying naga at high speed, I've seen 5 golden pearls drop. Tell those people the truth about the viability of this farm and if they are so stubborn and don't leave, ask them politely to stay in party with them so you can stealth somewhere and get free shared xp or, depending on what kind of person you are, speed up your farm and make their farm as bad as possible so they leave. For rogues this farm is better than for any other class because of the pickpocketing, which you can spam before your ambush.

I hope this guide helps you leveling your rogue. I have really enjoyed this unconventional non-meta and fast way of leveling and it was always a satisfying feeling to chop through mobs like a warm knife cuts through butter.
    Last edited by l4m0r; 02-07-2020 at 06:01 AM.

[Rogue]45-60kxp/h, free lock pick+weapon skill, 25-35g/hr, level ~44-60 farm guide
  2. Thanks KuRIoS, UnHappy, stabbarolof (3 members gave Thanks to l4m0r for this useful post)