338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to succeed at leveling without really trying

So I notice a lot of people dying repeatedly in-world while levelling. I think what is happening is this: people struggle with leveling, watch a few speedrunning guides and become significantly worse. It is not that the speedrunners give bad advice, in general they give excellent advice-for speedrunners. As a rough analogy-it is kind of a like a Sunday afternoon jogger trying to pick up Usain Bolt's training schedule-you will probably end up in hospital.

If you aren't concentrating really hard on min-maxing everything you will die a lot and end up leveling even slower than if you just run around randomly doing random stuff.

Here's a basic strategy which I think would improve the leveling speed of 95% of players:

1. Choose talents which maximize burst damage.
    2. Find lots of mobs close together 5+ levels below you.
    3. Kill and repeat.

Now, you may think I'm taking the piss here, but when you try this, you'll notice:

1) You stop running out of food and drink all the time and other essentials (eg poisons) and/or don't have to use vast amounts of bag space to store those items.
    2) Your leveling maintains a constant speed since you never die.
    3) You don't waste 3 hours looking for a cave entrance or quest item which is buried under florid terrain.
    4) You stop wasting time walking everywhere.
    5) You don't waste time fighting mobs which are too strong for you, which is too slow to be efficient even if you don't get killed.

(Now, please don't tell me that you can compensate for those things by optimized questing, I know. It is just that most players and especially me drink far too much coffee, are far too easily distracted and far too lazy to actually do that effectively.)

If you DO get a "kill stuff" quest where the mobs are right next to the giver then it can't hurt to do it, it is just bonus xp, but the point is to increase your xp from grinding with questing not the other way around.

I SIGNIFICANTLY increased my leveling speed using this strategy when leveling a rogue to 60. Putting all my talents into massive ambush damage meant that by focusing on green mobs I could often one or two shot them which meant almost no depletion in my own health greatly reducing the number of consumables I needed and associated cost and travel time. Yes you get less xp from green mobs but the vastly increased kill time compensates for that alone before the other bonuses.

You'll find also that you can play for extended periods since most of this is done on mental auto-pilot.

I'm guessing the reason that this strategy isn't more popular is that everyone who writes stuff about wow has this massive need to appear to be implausibly and totally brilliant at everything, and don't acknowledge the simple truth that most people suck at doing shit.
    Last edited by advanta; 11-04-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

How to succeed at leveling without really trying
    Uniaccount's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you provide an example of your rogue leveling talents please? I get the general Idea but Help would be appreciated

lilsniff's Avatar Contributor *snort*
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    137/89
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any xp/h comparisons for grinding lower level mobs / grinding same level mobs / normal questing?

heysistergo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! this is helpful for a beginner like me