1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on Chronoboon Displacer?

Now that the Chronoboon Displacer has been in the game for about 2ish weeks what are your thoughts as an active player? For those of you who do not know the Chronoboon Displacer was recently added into Classic WoW as a buyable item from Chromie to store world buffs on your character once per hour. This was added to try combatting the tiring meta of not only having to get your world buffs in a timely fashion but also raid log with them.

Personally I think it was a great addition to the game as far as its intent. Getting buffs has never been easier and you can do it at your leisure because you can be on the character not burning formerly obtained buffs but instead have them stored in your Chronoboon Displacer. The downside is it definitely killed a fair bit of world PvP in Felwood on my server which seemed to be one of the last stands for constant fighting to be going on. In theory the Chronoboon Displacer was supposed to allow people who want to PvP to do so by not having to raid log but now the issue became there's nothing left to world pvp over...if that makes sense. For those of you who don't know one of the more valuable buffs is the Songflower crit buff from Felwood and before the Chronoboon Displacer getting it on my server was an absolute guild wide strategic mission but now you can get them so easily since nobody is in the zone anymore in comparison to before.

This brings up maybe the issue that WoW ran into as its life cycle went on and that issue is convenience comes at a price. Making one aspect of the game more accessible or convenient in turn hurts another aspect. Maybe MMO-RPG's need things that suck to do because they create organic gameplay around doing something not so accessible?

Thoughts on Chronoboon Displacer?
    Phoen!x's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo, it happens way so late.

It allows you to just play your character at a period of time where you had no other choice but grinding a new char. It stopped griefing in World map, but allows you to make PVP without pressure.

3. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Phoen!x for this useful post)
    Zinqa's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havnt played my main as much as I currently am because of this item, I personally love it, but it happened WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too late.

5. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Zinqa for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zinqa View Post
    I havnt played my main as much as I currently am because of this item, I personally love it, but it happened WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too late.
    For sure it came super late. Luckily for Classic only enthusiasts whenever a fresh happens it seems some of these recent changes including the Chronoboon Displacer and removal of batching will come with it from the get go