85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts after Day one.

What was everyone’s thoughts after the first day?

Queues: Last night was the first time I’ve ever had a login queue since I started playing WoW back in TBC. however, after the initial hour queue, I haven’t gotten another one.

Addons: I found the following series of addons was very nice for overall gameplay.

from that list some of the addons are obvious. DBM, Elv, etc., but for some of the less common ones:

Addonskins is an Elv extension that skins some additional stuff to match elv. it will also auto move / size some DPS meters into the bottom right box automatically. (and if you use Details, it will even make 2 meters, and put them both there). it’s nice.

Mapster is an old school map replacement. I found the main map that normally gets resized by Elv wasn’t being changed in classic. once Elv fixes that, mapster will get removed.

Leatrix_plus allows the changing of a bunch of additional settings. the reason I use is it also allows Viewport that resized the game window, instead of just putting a black box over part of the game world. this allows me to run in a faux ultrawide setup.

Gameplay: I need to admit that Vanilla was the one version of WoW that I never got to play. I was worried that the gameplay would feel bad, since I started in TBC, and things have changed so much since then. plus, being a hunter, things can be double tough the first while till you get a pet.

well, I can confirm that I’ve been kiting everything. but TBH feels good so far. the only thing that keeps irritating me is Dead zone, and small bags.

Community: Nothing major has formed on my server yet, but everyone so far has been being pretty good to each other. was nice. we even saw a gold farm spam bot, which the whole durotar zone thought was probably the funniest thing they'd seen. imagine sitting your bot through an hour-long queue, just to log right away and wait in another queue.

How were your experiences so far?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thoughts after Day one.-unknown-png  
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 08-28-2019 at 01:03 AM.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Thoughts after Day one.
    Knoff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queues: Are awful. I went to take a shower and now I have a four and a half hour queue. I guess bathing is for casuals.

Economy: Right now is probably the best time to buy low-level trade goods. There's very little money in the economy, so the prices are very low. On my realm for example, there's Silverleaf posted for vendor sell price and no one has bothered to pick it up.

Addons: Auctionator and ElvUI are a must. TradeSkillMaster is "usable" and there's a way to add Auctionator as a source for pricing (AtrValue), but I've yet to figure out how to get its features working.

Gameplay: The Rogue gameplay is a lot slower than it is in retail. I find myself just taking my hands off my keyboard while I pool energy.

Community: The community seems great. People constantly grouping for quests and offering to craft bags. I wonder if it will last though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thoughts after Day one.-unknown-png  

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queues will die down as the sightseers finish up their exploration, or get bored.

im kind of interested to know if the retail game had a big slump in active players last night.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Queues will die down as the sightseers finish up their exploration, or get bored.

im kind of interested to know if the retail game had a big slump in active players last night.
    I think the whole "tourists" thing is massively overrated, I don't think THAT many people will stop playing the game at all.

bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after dinging lvl 17 after 15 hours of game play, im now in a 16k queue time which sucks. word of advice, do not log out at all if u wanna play the game.

Tigerdart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, waited 7 hours in queue, before I finally got my fiends to switch servers...

Toldorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <3'ing it!

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i said, ive taken a pic of my UI, adding to top post.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...........what the hell does any of that have to do with anything on this forum lol