1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your thoughts on this addon?

There has been an addon made called ClassicLFG. The community seems to be insanely torn on whether Blizzard should allow it or not. Even some #nochanges advocates are saying it's not the end of the world but others are saying its a slippery slope allowing something like this because these things are what led to retail WoW's current state.

What are your thoughts on this addon?
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just an addon that parses LFG chat and dumps it for you in a UI. You still need to talk to people and everything. I have no problem with this.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ, this addon alone has almost made me unsub from /r/classicwow

every dainty idiot in there is like "DAE BAN LFG ADDON AMIRITE" of course with picture posts, so they can karma farm harder.

I keep telling everyone that every aspect of this addon existed as separate addons in vanilla.

there's a really vocal component who pretty clearly never played vanilla because they keep shouting "tHiS nEvEr eXiStEd" directly in the face of obvious evidence that it DID exist. there like fkn Trump supporters, man. "FAKE NEWS" and that bullcrap.

My thought remains the same,

All this addon is doing is collecting LFG messages from the general chat, and putting them into a box, to keep things tidy.

BTW, addons doing this existed in vanilla.
    Auto-invite was a thing in classic too.

It just goes to show how many people didn't play vanilla. I didn't either, but at least I'm willing to do some research before posting.

#NoChanges.
    Addons of this nature existed in vanilla. full stop.
    the entire argument people are using against add-ons like this existing is "it didn't exist in Vanilla / it wasn't possible in vanilla". but it was. in both cases.

Popularity doesn't pertain. it existed and worked.
    for the people who are saying "of it kills the interaction" please tell me how much interaction you have with others while forming a group.

"LFM WC" "inv" 'Shift+click'

Fin. all the interaction happens after that point anyway. as a point to argue, addons like this will increase interaction and socialization, because people will spend less time spamming LFG.

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Jesus Christ, this addon alone has almost made me unsub from /r/classicwow

every dainty idiot in there is like "DAE BAN LFG ADDON AMIRITE" of course with picture posts, so they can karma farm harder.

I keep telling everyone that every aspect of this addon existed as separate addons in vanilla.

there's a really vocal component who pretty clearly never played vanilla because they keep shouting "tHiS nEvEr eXiStEd" directly in the face of obvious evidence that it DID exist. there like fkn Trump supporters, man. "FAKE NEWS" and that bullcrap.

My thought remains the same,
    That subreddit is a cancer but it does produce some great memes

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Kiddies cried hard enough. Blizzard just announced they will be breaking the ClassicLFG addon. any way they choose to do it though will break other addons, and therefore they have just proven that #NoChanges was just an ad campaign to draw players back into paying a monthly sub.

nick5020's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not needed imo, by using this plugin it does break the interactions of players, and also would limit players not using the plugin.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nick5020 View Post
    Not needed imo, by using this plugin it does break the interactions of players, and also would limit players not using the plugin.
    Wrong (or at least not right) on All accounts.

Breaking interactions of players:

i see this come up reguarly. please explain.
    "LFG Deadmines"
    "Inv"
    'Shift+Click'

Sooooooo much interaction lost. TBH, this addon would actuailly increase overall interactions with others regarding dungeons and groups, because you're wasting less time forming groups and more time in groups, talking to people.

Limiting players not using the 'plugin' (its an addon.)
    No one seems to care that players who dont use a DPS / threat meter are limited, nor a bossmod. people don't care that private discord LFG groups will limit people who don't use them. plus, this addon doesnt prevent players who don't use it from joining its groups, because it also broadcasts chat messages about its groups in general chat as well.

So really what it seems to come down to is a bunch of people who diddnt play vanilla going super hard on a nostalgia trip about what they thing vanilla was like, and trying to force classic into that mold. but the tech has advanced past allowing that.

you can not re-create vanilla in classic. it's going to be the same content, but it won't BE vanilla. people just need to accept that now, unfortunatly.

Lastly, for now, the Dev of ClassicLFG has spoken up on Discord:

So it sounds like ClassicLFG is going to be going full steam ahead, just modified a little, to cater to the crying kiddies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are your thoughts on this addon?-habtz8j8lci31-png  

nick5020's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong (or at least not right) on All accounts.

Breaking interactions of players:

i see this come up reguarly. please explain.
    "LFG Deadmines"
    "Inv"
    'Shift+Click'

Sooooooo much interaction lost. TBH, this addon would actuailly increase overall interactions with others regarding dungeons and groups, because you're wasting less time forming groups and more time in groups, talking to people.

Limiting players not using the 'plugin' (its an addon.)
    No one seems to care that players who dont use a DPS / threat meter are limited, nor a bossmod. people don't care that private discord LFG groups will limit people who don't use them. plus, this addon doesnt prevent players who don't use it from joining its groups, because it also broadcasts chat messages about its groups in general chat as well.

So really what it seems to come down to is a bunch of people who diddnt play vanilla going super hard on a nostalgia trip about what they thing vanilla was like, and trying to force classic into that mold. but the tech has advanced past allowing that.

you can not re-create vanilla in classic. it's going to be the same content, but it won't BE vanilla. people just need to accept that now, unfortunatly.

Lastly, for now, the Dev of ClassicLFG has spoken up on Discord:

So it sounds like ClassicLFG is going to be going full steam ahead, just modified a little, to cater to the crying kiddies.

The people who want the addon seem to be the crying babies. If you are a lazy solo player and want ezmode you should just stick to retail. Instead of interacting with a player to make a group, making sure they got good gear and know how to do the dungeon, ect. You are interacting with a plugin, the plugin dosent look terrible now but if they left it in the game they would just keep adding more and more features that remove more and more interaction. Do you really just stand around waiting to be invited to a group(lazy) or do you continue to do quests, explore the world, running into people along the way interact with them and group up that way.

Thankfully most of you BFA babbies will quit after 2 months.
    Last edited by nick5020; 08-25-2019 at 01:26 PM.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could just make it a forbidden addon and say they'll hand out suspensions if anybody is suspected of using it, no amount of fixing it will work when the numbers nose dive because the majority wont touch it.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nick5020 View Post
    Snip (basically, "hurr durr")
    Ugh, I'd -3 rep you just to get rid of your ability to post if I thought I could justify it. alas, can't. yet.

love however that you've chosen to respond to with:
    'lazy solo player and want ezmode'
    ' stick to retail' (I'm sure you'll be there within weeks.)
    'you BFA babbies'
    Hmm. you do notice my account is from 2010, and about 100 rep under the highest non-staff rep you can get, right?
    meanwhile, you showed up, what, 3yr ago, have NO reputation, and 4 posts, total,
    Two here offing nothing worthwhile,
    one on a guy running a power level service offering snark there
    and one post from 3 years ago complaining that bots couldn't auto-level your pokemon go pokemon up to max level.

Huh. You really showed me. clearly I'm new to this game and forum. what could i possibly know.
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 08-25-2019 at 11:30 PM.

nick5020's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, I'd -3 rep you just to get rid of your ability to post if I thought I could justify it. alas, can't. yet.

love however that you've chosen to respond to with:
    'lazy solo player and want ezmode'
    ' stick to retail' (I'm sure you'll be there within weeks.)
    'you BFA babbies'
    Hmm. you do notice my account is from 2010, and about 100 rep under the highest non-staff rep you can get, right?
    meanwhile, you showed up, what, 3yr ago, have NO reputation, and 4 posts, total,
    Two here offing nothing worthwhile,
    one on a guy running a power level service offering snark there
    and one post from 3 years ago complaining that bots couldn't auto-level your pokemon go pokemon up to max level.

Huh. You really showed me. clearly I'm new to this game and forum. what could i possibly know.
    Imagine bragging about rep on a cheating site and thinking your not a lazy gamer.
    Last edited by DvASystems; 08-27-2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: No need to insult other members over mundane discussions.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll do as justification, I think.

Back on Topic. I'm very interested to see what Suu is going to have to change to make ClassicLFG an acceptable add-on again to the devs. I do think that an addon to help the LFG system out would be a good idea.

remember, blizzard themselves tried to implement an LFG system (the meeting stones) but it didn't work and was promptly ignored by the player base.

IMO someone fixing something for Blizzard is kind of what addons are about.
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 08-26-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called it.

ClassicLFG - Addons - World of Warcraft - CurseForge