Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye olde anti-afk macro (patched?)

Hello.

In preparation for classic launching I figured to avoid the potential login queues I'd figure out a way to avoid getting logged out. Came across the anti-afk macro;

Code:
    /run local f=CreateFrame("Frame")f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_CAMPING")f:SetScript("OnEvent", function() local p=StaticPopup_Visible("CAMP")_G[p.."Button1"]:Click()end)
    I didnt get the chance to try it on the classic client but I figured since retail is the same 'macro engine' (or whatever you'd call it, infrastructure?).

Tried it on retail a week ago or so, worked flawlessly, character goes afk but doesnt get logged out (stayed online for more than 90mins).
    Tried it today (21st of august) and it logs me out as you'd expect to happen not running the script.
    (also tried with all addons disabled)

Has this been patched or am I a dumdum?

Ye olde anti-afk macro (patched?)
    dodgerrx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does that macro even work? Clicks the dialogue automatically when it pops up?

Does Blizzard detect ahk scripts that just send keystrokes at timed intervals?
    Shouldn't be hard to craft something that just sends a key every 25min.

Another problem would be where to park your char so that people don't report you.

Catowlpoop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dodgerrx View Post
    How does that macro even work? Clicks the dialogue automatically when it pops up?
    How it used to work was that the [logout in 20 sec] window never appeared and if you hit logout you wouldn't get the countdown either. You could logout in rested areas however.

Afaik blizz does yes, even to the point where they check hardware input or not, I recall I saw some thread on it. Personally I wouldn't resort to a 3rd party program when it's my main account I'd want to use this on. Even using an antique bird or a fan contraption to hit a key is equivalent to that of a bot, in the eyes of blizzard. Automation that isn't human.

Idk if blizzard do GM patrols in the same way that they do in other games such as maplestory, where a GM goes to your location in game to assess whether or not you're botting. If they do as they see bot-like behaviour it'd be easy to determine that sitting in a remote spot and doing random inputs is extremely unlikely to be a human, especially if it goes on for hours.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would macro keys on the keyboard be detected as a hardware input? could set a key on the keyboard to click every (however long) and then position it where the logout message shows up on screen.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keyboard Macros working fine, but on the Character-Screen you get Kicked every 30 minutes.

I just hope some of us find a way because the Note they had:

"If you stay on Character Screen, you can instantly Login, once Realm is up" - Which means, on Monday, we should stay on Character-Selection. Sadly you get kicked within 30 minutes.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think people are really going to have an option. if you get booted after 30min regardless, then thats it.

what about pressing new charter, then Esc, every 10 min or so?

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    i don't think people are really going to have an option. if you get booted after 30min regardless, then thats it.

what about pressing new charter, then Esc, every 10 min or so?
    I tried to constantly create / delete Chars with Macro, rotating, stay in Creation, Spamming Enter after Creation, nothing helped. Always boot after 30 min, the only question is, if you get booted, if you stay in the "Slot" so you can just relogg with Macro.

Catowlpoop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my knowledge you cannot bypass the 30min timer on character screen in any way, perhaps unless you somehow hack it.
    My plan was to after launch not get logged out in order to bypass queues.
    I do realize that you can use hardware macros, etc. but again, that puts you at what I'd consider a great risk of getting detected, if they're somewhat actively logging user behaviour. Idk, I might be too spooked but I ain't taking chanes.