[Request] Investigating forced DC on flight path to drop at any point on path menu

User Tag List

adamisalamer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Investigating forced DC on flight path to drop at any point on path

Since classic has launched, there have been reports of people randomly D/Cing on FPs and when they log back in, no gryphon. So when you log in, you just fall wherever you were.

Clearly this would be great to be able to do on command, but I haven't had any luck replicating it in a controlled manner (though I have experienced the bug myself randomly 2x so far while not attempting it). Has anyone else investigated this?

[Request] Investigating forced DC on flight path to drop at any point on path
    jmulhern345help's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    8/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience this is something to do with zone lines. I have fallen into southfury river a dozen times while re-logging to check a bank alt just after taking off. I am not aware of any other place but I am sure some exist if the Southfury river one exists in durotar. I had a theory that blizzard attempted to phase starting zones from zones next to them that could also have a high player counting in a attempt to reduce lag. I would try a FP that goes over the river inbetween westfall and elwynn to see if its the same.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adamisalamer View Post
    Since classic has launched, there have been reports of people randomly D/Cing on FPs and when they log back in, no gryphon. So when you log in, you just fall wherever you were.

Clearly this would be great to be able to do on command, but I haven't had any luck replicating it in a controlled manner (though I have experienced the bug myself randomly 2x so far while not attempting it). Has anyone else investigated this?
    Kenneth here told me the answer to this one. My guess is he will tell you if you ask but it is his play so I can't do so myself.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

4. Thanks Augury13 (1 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    kamil234's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just happened to me as well, although in Retail, not Classic. It does seem like it has some relation to jmulhern345help comment. I was flying to Drustvar and alt f4'd right as i got to the zone. When i logged back in i just fell in the water