Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Q] Is there some new automatic exploit detection in WoW Classic?

I was exploring on top of ironforge with my mage and tried to blink behind a certain wall. As soon as I succeeded, I got disconnected and couldn't log back in for a minute or so. After I was able to log back in, my character was moved to Ironforge entrance.

Does anyone know what this is about? I was really excited to start exploring with my mage again but this is a bummer.
    Check out all my cool exploration videos at my youtube channel =)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Harzzaa

[Q] Is there some new automatic exploit detection in WoW Classic?
    Gorgodeus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You entered an area with no known coordinates. When that happens, the game disconnects you, and your character is moved to the main citys' entrance. I used to abuse this mechanic in bgs to get Horde toons into the Alliance starting room before the gates opened. (in bgs, when certain dcs occur, you are placed at the lowest number coordinates - which is in the Alliance starting room.

Otsegolectric's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by agni View Post
    I was exploring on top of ironforge with my mage and tried to blink behind a certain wall. As soon as I succeeded, I got disconnected and couldn't log back in for a minute or so. After I was able to log back in, my character was moved to Ironforge entrance.

Does anyone know what this is about? I was really excited to start exploring with my mage again but this is a bummer.
    It‘s because cities have their own layers, which work indeed not perfect. So it‘s not specially a detection for exploits you are facing there. You got teleported to a city layer. The game had in it‘s first days bugs with city layers (missing npc‘s, people can‘t enter city layers and got teleported outside of the city etc)

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You entered an area with no known coordinates. When that happens, the game disconnects you, and your character is moved to the main citys' entrance. I used to abuse this mechanic in bgs to get Horde toons into the Alliance starting room before the gates opened. (in bgs, when certain dcs occur, you are placed at the lowest number coordinates - which is in the Alliance starting room.
    this ^
    And remember that this is an adaptation of the Legion Client, this isn't Classic Mechanics 1:1, its just a changed Legion client so all of those mechanics (exploiting / exploring related) still persist, unless specifically changed by the developers.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a real bummer. I was excited about the classic exploration.
    Molested myself and got convicted.