Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create a bot for vanilla wow?

Hello,

Anyone have some good starting points for understanding how to create a bot/script for Vanilla wow?
    Maybe some good beginner books for understanding how to do this?

I've read Game Hacking by Nick Cano on this subject but it was a little too technical for me to understand it all (Although I got some good points of out it).

Is there any books or guides that are a little more specific to World of Warcraft?
    Like is it better to build a bot that interacts with the screen or works of the memory?

(I'm a newbie but would love to learn!)

How to create a bot for vanilla wow?
    ejt's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/111
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are loads of open-sources projects (old ones that dont work with current versions) that you can look at, both in and out of memory, mostly c# but there are some c++ projects too.

Just learn how the object manager works and get to a point where you can iterate over the objects and extract valuable information, the rest will come over time.

Malaki2030's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ejt View Post
    there are loads of open-sources projects (old ones that dont work with current versions) that you can look at, both in and out of memory, mostly c# but there are some c++ projects too.

Just learn how the object manager works and get to a point where you can iterate over the objects and extract valuable information, the rest will come over time.
    Isn't warden/equivalent going to instant detect anyones home-brewed custom bot if they don't have the capability / knowledge to program anti-detection methods? Or does it really only detect wide spread, semi public bots?

abromide's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/38
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attention anyone looking to bot on World of Warcraft:

Botting was wildly popular for over a decade, until 2017 rolled around. The most popular bot was what is known as a memory bot (you may have heard of Honorbuddy). A memory bot reads information stored in your WoW client. Literally happening in your client is stored in what is known as a "memory address". Some examples of what a memory address can store:
    -To where your character is walking
    -What spell you are channeling
    -The coordinates of a nearby MOB
    -Health/mana of you/MOBs/nearby people
    -And literally everything else

It was pretty easy to find memory addresses and what they referenced, you could even change what the memory addresses were storing with something called "memory injection". Imagine this:
    X-coordinate of where player is walking = 5; stored in memory address 2000M
    Y-coordinate of where player is walking = 10; stored in memory address 2001M

With memory injection, you could:
    2000M = 8
    2001M = 12

Which would make the character walk to 8,12

It was never limited to walking, though. With memory injection, you could literally do anything, and do it completely perfectly. Then the bad times came. Blizzard began memory obfuscation in mid-late 2017. This meant that memory addresses were no longer the same, so reading memory addresses, and injecting memory, was basically impossible. In the example above:

2000M = x

but the memory address could change to 58349M by the next time you look at it. Now, there were/are some very advanced memory trackers out there, which allow memory injection/reading even with obfuscation, but they are damn hard to find and usually very detectable by Blizzard. Someone's huge amount of work could be wiped out overnight.

We have now entered a new era, pixel-botting. It doesn't use any memory. You can simply take a picture, analyze it, and figure out tons of information quite easily, especially with simple UI edits:
    -How much hp/mana is left
    -If a spell is ready, channeling, out of range, etc.
    -A player's x/y coordinates, direction, etc.

It's even possible to get more advanced information with a little creative thinking. It is still possible to make a fully-fledged bot. It is not as accurate as a memory address bot, but it's much less detectable, and the best we have right now. I strongly recommend checking out TensorFlow if you're interested in using image recognition to make a great pixel bot.

5. Thanks Amzoaa (1 members gave Thanks to abromide for this useful post)
    mathewm123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by abromide View Post
    Attention anyone looking to bot on World of Warcraft:

Botting was wildly popular for over a decade, until 2017 rolled around. The most popular bot was what is known as a memory bot (you may have heard of Honorbuddy). A memory bot reads information stored in your WoW client. Literally happening in your client is stored in what is known as a "memory address". Some examples of what a memory address can store:
    -To where your character is walking
    -What spell you are channeling
    -The coordinates of a nearby MOB
    -Health/mana of you/MOBs/nearby people
    -And literally everything else

It was pretty easy to find memory addresses and what they referenced, you could even change what the memory addresses were storing with something called "memory injection". Imagine this:
    X-coordinate of where player is walking = 5; stored in memory address 2000M
    Y-coordinate of where player is walking = 10; stored in memory address 2001M

With memory injection, you could:
    2000M = 8
    2001M = 12

Which would make the character walk to 8,12

It was never limited to walking, though. With memory injection, you could literally do anything, and do it completely perfectly. Then the bad times came. Blizzard began memory obfuscation in mid-late 2017. This meant that memory addresses were no longer the same, so reading memory addresses, and injecting memory, was basically impossible. In the example above:

2000M = x

but the memory address could change to 58349M by the next time you look at it. Now, there were/are some very advanced memory trackers out there, which allow memory injection/reading even with obfuscation, but they are damn hard to find and usually very detectable by Blizzard. Someone's huge amount of work could be wiped out overnight.

We have now entered a new era, pixel-botting. It doesn't use any memory. You can simply take a picture, analyze it, and figure out tons of information quite easily, especially with simple UI edits:
    -How much hp/mana is left
    -If a spell is ready, channeling, out of range, etc.
    -A player's x/y coordinates, direction, etc.

It's even possible to get more advanced information with a little creative thinking. It is still possible to make a fully-fledged bot. It is not as accurate as a memory address bot, but it's much less detectable, and the best we have right now. I strongly recommend checking out TensorFlow if you're interested in using image recognition to make a great pixel bot.

This is where my research took me aswell. How would I begin creating the bot, by using OPENCV taking videos/screenshots and identifying different aspects of the screenshot. Then how do I build a bot to interface with this?

Where can I find a guide for this?

mathewm123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also can you take a look at this article:
    My attempt at botting in Runescape - David Papp - Medium

He created a visual based bot for runescape (i'd imagine it would be similar to create one in WoW),

However he got banned from runescape (even while using some creative anti-cheat methods). I'd imagine that "the warden" is better at detecting botters than runescapes client.

What are you thoughts on this article?

abromide's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/38
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that writing Runescape bots is trivial compared to world of warcraft bots, but getting caught is much easier. Runescape is a point and click game, while WoW uses keyboard for most of its inputs. Mouse patterns are much easier to discern as non-human than key presses because key presses only have one binary value:
    -Is the key pressed down

Even with an advanced bezier and chaikin’s algorithms, you need to change the speed at which the mouse is moving, misclick, make sure your curve isn’t too linear or repetitive, make sure you’re not clicking on exactly the same point (2 million points on a 1080p screen, don’t want to keep clicking the same one), etc. Jagex released a paper about catching botters that click within squares, and how it is harder to catch bots that use different shapes, which is why I always use a randomly generated polygon for clicking in pre-determined areas.

Unfortunately, there really aren’t any guides on making these bots specifically for WoW. I would point you towards some videos of people using AI to play games, such as Minecraft, if you’re looking to get started.

9. Thanks Parog (1 members gave Thanks to abromide for this useful post)
    h0lybyte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My community is about to start making one for the lulz, if you want to help , just add me on discord
    h0lybyte#9754

Humbleguy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)