I'm writing a bot with phone apps to go along with it. But need help with one thing. menu

User Tag List

mrdennis87's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm writing a bot with phone apps to go along with it. But need help with one thing.

Hello Everyone,

I've spent the last two months writing a bot for classic WoW. The bot uses user authentication, a database, and phone apps (iOS and Android) written by me.

The phone app can:

- View status of things like:
    - Player alive
    - Bot running
    - Bot online
    - Wow window open & logged in
    - App registered with PC software

-The app can receive notification updates AND push notifications for things such as:
    - Whisper received
    - Bot stopped
    - Bot stuck
    - Leveled up
    - Message from GM
    - Reached amount of gold
    - Bags full
    - Invited to a party
    - WoW window closed
    - more to come

About the bot:

The bot itself is a pixel bot, written in C#, and can currently record and run profiles from end users. So it currently works as I have it now. I'm in the process of implementing battleground functionality as well. The bot right now, does not read the memory or write to it, and I want to keep it that way if I can. I've written an addon that uses the API to get everything I've needed so far.

-What is required before the bot is released:
    - Currently I'm stuck on getting the players x and y coordinates while in a battleground without reading the memory. I can get the players coordinates outside of a battleground, which works great and I can run my bot for grinding etc. I would like to, using the API, get the players coordinates in a battleground. If I can't do this, I will end up reading the coordinates from memory, but I don't want to do that.

-Pricing for the bot:
    - I plan on using a payment method of in app purchases through the phone apps I've written. The starting plan will be $5 a month, midgrade plan will be $10, and the phone app functionality and all other functionalities for $15 a month.

-My background:
    - I've been writing software for years, and like to help people. Hence why I'm writing the bot

What I need help with:
    - I've been able to write everything so far on my own, and it's taken A LOT of time from me. As I've started implementing battlegrounds, I was able to setup the bot to auto queue for battleground, join, release spirit, etc, everything needed. BUT I'm not able to get the players coordinates and facing direction while in a battleground using WoWs API as they've patched that. If someone is able to point me towards a way to get the coordinates of the player in a battleground through the API, I would be very grateful. This is the only thing keeping me from finishing the bot and releasing it (besides Apple being picky about my app updates).

You can see the app in the iOS app store currently, if you'd like. It's called PDot config.

- What the bot currently can do:
    - Run profiles which will navigate your character
    - Detect combat
    - Fight mobs. using assigned heal/attack keys in the bot
    - Auto heal if HP below certain percentage
    - Create custom profiles
    - Auto loot monsters after killing them
    - Lots more!

- Features and capabilities that will be added to the bot:
    - Battlegrounds (Autoqueue, join, leave, combat, etc)
    - Extra functionality to act as a fishing bot or other things likewise
    - Once bot is fully complete, I will be adding multiboxing functionality as well

If anyone has other ideas they would like implemented as well, or wants to help on how to get the coordinates in a BG, let me know! Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to getting this out!
    Last edited by mrdennis87; 04-13-2020 at 06:57 PM.

I'm writing a bot with phone apps to go along with it. But need help with one thing.
    EmmettGoodwin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your sharing about the phone app. These are all essential phone applications. You can use the mod versions on TechSuspect. Very good quality. There are many new features, new version updates for fast application.
    Last edited by EmmettGoodwin; 10-08-2020 at 08:55 PM.

jamesf007's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you stell do bots 4 wow let me know id lick to get a copy 4 my self thanks

Razzue's Avatar Contributor Avid Ailurophile

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    185/268
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can not get player co-ordinates in instances anymore (Dungeons, Raids, BG, Arenas etc). Outside of memory/Lua unlocking it's just simply not possible 🤷*♂️

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razzue View Post
    You can not get player co-ordinates in instances anymore (Dungeons, Raids, BG, Arenas etc). Outside of memory/Lua unlocking it's just simply not possible 🤷*♂️
    You're correct, unfortunately. Looking to modify it to read the memory now for those values. Just need to find this player base address offset and I'm on my way.

Razzue's Avatar Contributor Avid Ailurophile

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    185/268
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mrdennis87 View Post
    You're correct, unfortunately. Looking to modify it to read the memory now for those values. Just need to find this player base address offset and I'm on my way.
    Classic would be simplest unless you like reversing as they have offsets posted in mem editing thread can confirm they work :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razzue View Post
    Classic would be simplest unless you like reversing as they have offsets posted in mem editing thread can confirm they work :P
    I can't seem to find the memory editing thread for WoW classic. Could you please link it?
    I would love to figure out the base structure for the offsets. I've been making trainers for cs go and other small games. Thinking I'd like to do some reading of memory, no writing and continue my bot.