0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on WoW Pixel Bot - LF Addon developer

Hey, I'm a C# developer that has spent the past week working on a pixel bot for WoW Classic in my spare time. I've created many pixel bots over the years for multiple games, though all usually for more simple tasks.

I'm working on this WoW Classic bot for fun and for something to add to my software development portfolio. Plus I'd love to bot extra gold for my main.

I have limited experience with Lua and I'm currently using a pre-existing addon for WoW to display data for my pixel bot in C#. At the moment the bot is able to walk to waypoints and attack enemies. Nothing special yet, but I'm laying the groundwork for more features and have plans to make it a fairly in depth bot.

I'm looking for someone with Lua experience that can help me create a custom addon for my bot. Nothing too fancy as it will be 100% pixel based. No unlocking whatsoever. General programming experience would be great as well to assist with helping me write out the logic for the bot and help to plan features/development order/etc. And to test it, of course.

If you're interested, PM me your Discord. Hope to talk with some people soon!

Working on WoW Pixel Bot - LF Addon developer
    ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to an external pixel based model immensely reduced the amount of lua that you actually need to have a rotation engine. You can see here my proof of concept from awhile ago. WoW-Game-Data-To-Pixel-To-Application/Pixels.lua at master . ItsJustMeChris/WoW-Game-Data-To-Pixel-To-Application . GitHub

This was enough to have a fairly competent DPS/Tank rotation, and even a healing engine, however for healing you will need to do some fuzzy blacklisting for line of sight testing to make it not just spam on a target behind a wall or such, unfortunately i never found a great solution to doing ground casted spells, for most mobs you can use nameplates and display some unique color or something and search for it in your program, but that doesn't work for larger taller mobs like most bosses, as it will generally click too high.

I've gotten too many projects going on right now, but I'd be glad to answer any questions I guess.

Keep in mind that it's probably going to be really stupid to have an external rotation engine that emulates inputs without a driver, once they start really banning multboxing software.

BitOfHope's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept you have there. I was actually leaning towards doing all combat externally and try to keep things as safe as possible. Really the only thing I want in my custom addon is how I'd like to layout the pixel data for my bot to read, the ability to auto equip gear upgrades, and the ability to auto sell junk. I'm fairly confident I can do absolutely everything else externally, including the combat rotation.

Everything I do is simulating keystrokes and mouse movements with (soon to be) human-like behavior to reduce any detection. My goal isn't to remotely play WoW, but to run WoW on my second PC and VM's. The VM's will need some testing but I think I can get the FPS to a reliable level.

I'm curious what you mean by your last line though. "Keep in mind that it's probably going to be really stupid to have an external rotation engine that emulates inputs without a driver, once they start really banning multboxing software. "

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BitOfHope View Post
    Interesting concept you have there. I was actually leaning towards doing all combat externally and try to keep things as safe as possible. Really the only thing I want in my custom addon is how I'd like to layout the pixel data for my bot to read, the ability to auto equip gear upgrades, and the ability to auto sell junk. I'm fairly confident I can do absolutely everything else externally, including the combat rotation.

Everything I do is simulating keystrokes and mouse movements with (soon to be) human-like behavior to reduce any detection. My goal isn't to remotely play WoW, but to run WoW on my second PC and VM's. The VM's will need some testing but I think I can get the FPS to a reliable level.

I'm curious what you mean by your last line though. "Keep in mind that it's probably going to be really stupid to have an external rotation engine that emulates inputs without a driver, once they start really banning multboxing software. "
    Emulated keyboard and mouse detection is something blizzard has been working on in other games like Overwatch, and their choice to now ban multiboxing software makes me believe that they're really going after emulated keyboard input, because of boomkin bots and such that are using Auto Hotkey or other software to spam cast Moonfire/sunfire/starfall, they really are everywhere in game.

But as a result, the detection of these softwares will cause sendinput and postmessage to also be detected. Look into things like LLMHF_INJECTED

GitHub - mq1n/NoMercy: Open source anti cheat has an example of detecting keyboard/mouse emulation/automation, there's other information and examples around on other websites on bypassing these detection vectors at a higher level, however what was found with Overwatch is that most public methods of bypassing these just lead to their own detection vectors, and blizzard was very proactive in abusing that to ban as many 'pixel' aimbots as possible, catching many external aimbots that used emulated keyboard and mouse input in the crossfire, the general consensus amongst the community was that we would need to find exploited drivers, or write our own drivers to be able to properly emulate keyboard and mouse inputs with peace of mind.

But with that being said, I do not suspect that most 'private' software will get a ban for just being flagged for keyboard/mouse emulation, as there's many legitimate softwares that have a reason to be doing this... But, I would also not be surprised if they do.

As with all things, the more people doing something in a similar way, the worse.

BitOfHope's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very interesting. I can't find where it has the example of keyboard and mouse detection though. I only see it under planned features. Would love to see some examples of how they detect it. Mainly if it's based on detecting patterns like Runescape does or if they are actually detecting the false key sends.

I can spend time and make the key presses/mouse movements very human-like but if they can detect it anyways... We're cornered aren't we?

6. Thanks Andrehoejmark (1 members gave Thanks to BitOfHope for this useful post)
    InnerSilence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not about sending inputs human like or not to be able to detect simulated inputs. There are windows API that game developers can use to detect simulated input and they are much easier to leverage rather than otherwise heuristics methods needed to be implemented on servers to detect not human like input patterns. And I agree with OP poster about Blizz gonna do it now after their choice to ban multiboxing software
    Last edited by InnerSilence; 12-30-2020 at 06:05 AM.