Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploader : the explorer's multitool

Hello folks,
    I'm here to deliver a tool I made for my own purpose, and called "Exploader" :
    WoWTools/Exploader/Exploader at master * Nyarlygames/WoWTools * GitHub

I manipulate a lot of builds at the same time, and check files on each of them, so I decided to create a launcher that would hold all the links to these folders for me.
    No more 150 explorer open at the same time anymore, no more long lists of quick access. I close the folder when i'm done and can reopen it quickly anytime I want with the launcher.

This tool is also designed for my other use, an explorer who loves maps. So I decided to redo what marlam did : create maps from each build, and double check them myself.

Content list :
    - build/versions profiles
    - extract mpqs using someone's Mpqtool (I'll get the guy's name back for the credits)
    - convert to blp using BLPConverter from someone else as well
    - make single map from textures.MPQ/world/minimaps
    - make maps from textures/minimaps using the md5translate file (should work for listfiles as well ?)
    - make wmo maps from the same method
    - space for notes
    - screenshot bot for ingame client : will make the character jump ingame every X and Y yards in mapid to take screenshot of an entire area without missing anything
    All this is working on proper conditions.

Warnings :
    - mpqtool crashs upon exiting, but still does the work, will fix later, I have the source code to edit.
    - everything works fine with alpha so far, but i'll most certainly need to adapt the code for builds when format change occur. might not work past wotlk? i'll see.
    - I added a few failsafes, but not much. ex: wrong md5translate file for current build will make the client crash.
    - last wmo map isn't saved. maybe also last md5translate minimap.
    - i'm sadly not marlam, the fullsized bitmap (64*256/64*256) isn't supported by c# it seems, so tile size quality is reduced by 50% if the map is too big.

TODOs :
    - code rework to make it easier (gui/labels), faster (threads and algorithms), better (bugfixs), stronger (warnings for wrong input)
    - takes a lot of time for some actions, I will implement progress bar to show that.
    - Version creator will ask for the desired gui layout (how many buttons/notes/editbox/..)
    - Also for the few coders out there, I searched, attempted, and am now lost : can the groupid of a wmo allows to place it on a grid with other groupids ? I have lots of small pieces based on the X and Y but it doesn't seem to be possible to use groupid to merge them into one big map. Am I missing something ?

Now I have no idea if this can be of any use, but I'd gladly accept feedback for gui, errors, and all if you test it
    I might make a how-to soon because you may be lost even with the sample profile.
    Not interested today ? Check again soon, because I'll modify this every week/day.

Lastly, this is purely educational : i'm learning c# (first project), and wow map files formats. I'll go from alpha to legion and adapt this tool for all builds on the way. Will take some time...

I hope it'll be useful for someone, have a nice day !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exploader : the explorer's multitool-bk82fvk-gif  
    Last edited by Nyarly; 11-16-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Exploader : the explorer's multitool
  2. Thanks KuRIoS, HunterHero, Dovah, ReznikShaman (4 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Added more feedback & failsafe
    - GUI improvements
    - Code redone (way better, but could still be a lot more efficient)

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added diff ! (and I love it)

Takes two versions and shows the difference between minimaps.
    Map1 compared to Map2 shows red if equal, blank if blank, Map2 if different, yellow if different and blank (removed content).

Example result (0.5.5 <-> 0.6.0) :
    https://i.imgur.com/3ajqshD.jpg

Hope you like it.

What does it tell you ?
    I displays the changes : new additions and deletions on the minimaps, for the later build.
    That way, you can focus your explorations on this part of the map because it has a higher percentage of showing new stuff.
    But you know, minimap is not always the same as ingame, so you still have to explore the red lands as well to be sure

Also : is it possible to put this in the exploration section or is too unrelated ?
    Last edited by Nyarly; 11-21-2016 at 04:20 AM.

5. Thanks Dovah (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Make map from Interface.
    It will check map files in Interface\Worldmap and paste them together. Bruteforcely done, code is ugly but working on most cases. (which is not all cases)

Todo :
    - Paste all regions in a single big map, which will also :
    - Fix the "less than 12 tiles" maps
    and then i'll have to integrate everything together with adt and diff.