0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TOOL] ADT LK to Cata Converter - 010 Editor Based

I know others have already done this and there's more than one tool for this sort of thing already in existence. But I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could make this happen with 010 Editor. The purpose of me doing this was purely educational and to see if I could do it.

This method is extremely slow compared to what others have made using an actual system meant to write programs, with 010 Editor, every time the script is ran, it has to be recompiled again so it takes time and there are certain functions are only compiled at runtime so the entire script isn't compiled when the it starts so that's another cause for it taking so long.

This was made for maps made entirely through Talis, ADT Adder and Noggit SDL 1.2 to 1.4. I played around a little bit with some Kalimdor and Azeroth ADT Files, even ported over 3.3.5a's entire Eastern Kingdoms continent to Cataclysm, but it's mainly to be used on completely custom maps. Maps that started out as Blizzard Maps may not work after being converted.

Maps that have had Gretchin's AllWater tool applied to it more than once(Like if it asks you to reformat the adt even though you've already done it once before.) will probably error out since my script only looks for the first GRET MH2O instance.

I'm posting this so others may look at it if they wish to do so, and or just to show that this sort of thing is possible with 010 Editor as well.

I'll put Text Instructions first, and video instruction at the bottom with the download link(s).

A Working and Proper Installation of 010 Editor is Required for this to work(People using illegitmate copies may not have their sys paths set up properly so it may not work for you if you fit this bill), make sure you have 010's startup options set to Display Empty Interface. And MAKE SURE 010 Editor IS CLOSED Before Doing This or else it'll take slightly longer than it should.

I didn't feel like making a batch file to create another batchfile, so you HAVE to put the folder in the Rar file into your Drive C:

Put your Noggited ADTs into the ToBeVerted Folder then run the WC_ADT_Convert.bat batch file and go find something to do. The batch file also removes the extension on the adt files but that's part of the process.

When it's done, it should move the finished ADT's into the Finished Folder. Make sure to delete the original files from the ToBeVerted folder before doing another set of ADTs.

--Video Guide--

♠ Download Links: Get them from the YouTube Video's Description, since if I have to update anything I'll most likely forget about which forums I've posted this in so to make it easier on people and myself, it's just easier to update one location and just forward everyone there.

Full Video(Long Vlog) on Detailing everything else needed to get a custom map to work in Cataclysm/MoP/WoD:
    http://youtu.be/SAFWalrpAko

Thanks to all the people who shared their knowledge and research information on ADT/v18 - WoWDev , it helped a ton.

Thanks go out to jbr373, bardh, banzboyz77 and Mr. Farrare for lending me their ADT Files, some public and some private works to help in my research and study. And reznik too though I had no interaction with him, I just downloaded one of his maps.

Reznik's Island Map In Cataclysm:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...my-island.html ([Release] My Island)

WoTLK 3.3.5a Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor In Cataclysm 4.0.6a:
    Last edited by theduncehat; 03-20-2015 at 09:35 AM.

[TOOL] ADT LK to Cata Converter - 010 Editor Based
    darhy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have this converter? I need it now but this guy has dead download links. :/