Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stoneharry! Is there any way to restrict which races can use a given spell?

Spell Editor for WoW versions [3.3.5] [2.4.3] [1.12.1]
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperNotDerek View Post
    Hi Stoneharry! Is there any way to restrict which races can use a given spell?
    Typically you would restrict this through the SkillLineAbility DBC file, which maps spells to categories. This information is used by the server to know what initial spells to give a new character, which category to put the spells into, and what is available in a trainer.

wowdev.wiki/DB/SkillLineAbility

SuperNotDerek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Typically you would restrict this through the SkillLineAbility DBC file, which maps spells to categories. This information is used by the server to know what initial spells to give a new character, which category to put the spells into, and what is available in a trainer.

wowdev.wiki/DB/SkillLineAbility
    Thanks for the info, Harry! This has been very helpful

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again, Stoneharry. Do you know how to establish a custom spell with several ranks? I am trying to create a spell from whole cloth (which I have done successfully for a single iteration) that functions the same way as a spell with several ranks (like ice armor). I would like the casting of any rank to remove the currently active rank of that same spell. I've poked around with a few options but I can't seem to make it work without simply hijacking another spell (like ice armor) which is impractical since the new spell will conflict with an existing one. Any thoughts on which parameters needs to be set to link spells together as different ranks of the same spell? Let me know if I am missing something obvious or if I should be looking in another place to establish this link.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperNotDerek View Post
    Hi again, Stoneharry. Do you know how to establish a custom spell with several ranks? I am trying to create a spell from whole cloth (which I have done successfully for a single iteration) that functions the same way as a spell with several ranks (like ice armor). I would like the casting of any rank to remove the currently active rank of that same spell. I've poked around with a few options but I can't seem to make it work without simply hijacking another spell (like ice armor) which is impractical since the new spell will conflict with an existing one. Any thoughts on which parameters needs to be set to link spells together as different ranks of the same spell? Let me know if I am missing something obvious or if I should be looking in another place to establish this link.
    Update. This problem has been solved - somehow I missed the "spell_ranks" DB table. Totally my mistake. Thanks everyone for your help!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345