Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Model Editing: For Dummies

NOTE: Model.mpq, speech.mpq, etc. have been combined into Common.mpq

This guide will teach you how to do druid bear forms. We will be making the druid bear form for night elves into Kel'Thuzad.

IF YOU CAN'T OPEN THE RARS THAT YOU DOWNLOAD BELOW, USE THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD WINRAR WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO OPEN AND VIEW RARS.

http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar36b8.exe

1)download MyWarcraftStudio at

http://www.cnitblog.com/Files/linghu..._0.10.6337.rar
    Or
    http://linghuye.googlepages.com/MyWa..._0.10.6337.rar

2) open My Warcraft Studio

3) Click on the folder button at the top left of the MyWarcraftStudio window then go down on the list and select Comment.MPQ

4) click on creatures, and go down till you see folder called DruidBear open it.

5) Now open notepad or wordpad or something like that, and type in DruidBear.m2, we will be useing that as our model file.

6) Now go out of that folder, and go down till you see a folder called Kel'Thuzad, open it.

7) Now go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, it should look like the picture below.

now create a folder in there called Creature

9) then inside the folder called Creature make another folder called DruidBear

10) Now go back to MyWarcraftStudio and you should still have Kel'Thuzad open, left click on the text Kel'Thuzad.m2 then right click it and click extract to file a window should pop up like the one in the picture below, go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data.

11) now go to your Character file, then your DruidBear file, hit save in the druidbear file. now go back to your DruidBear, and you should see something called Kel'Thuzad.m2 there, right click on it, and rename it to DruidBear.m2 (make sure you get both caps, it is case sensitive, all of the things are even the folders.)

12) Now go back to MyWarcraftStudio, and click on the folder in the top lefthand side, and go to Common.mpq again

13) Now go to Creature, then find the folder DruidBear again.

14) Now open up your notepad, and type DruidBearSkin.blp

15) Now go down in creatures, and find the folder called Kel'Thuzad, open it.

16) Now same as before left click on the thing called Kel'Thuzad.blp then right click it and click extract to file, then go to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then Creature, then DruidBear, then extract it into the DruidBear folder.

17) Now rename the Kel'Thuzad.blp to DruidBearSkin.blp (again make it EXACTLY as mine are)

1 Now go up to the top of MyWarcraftStudio, and click on Pack(P), then click Create MPQ Archive, a window should pop up, go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data then call it patch-3.MPQ then hit open.

19) Now Click on add file to archive... then a window like the one in the picture below should pop up.

20) Now go and click on the ... button, then go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then Creature, then DruidBear, then doubleclick on DruidBear.m2 it's name should now pop up into the bar, do not hit OK yet.

21) now type in behind the DruidBear.m2 Creature\DruidBear so it should read as follows Creature\DruidBear\DruidBear.m2. then hit OK.

22) now click on add file to archive... again and hit the ... button to browse and click on DruidBearSkin.blp then it should pop up into the bar like the pic below and like before, dont hit OK yet.

23) now type in behind the DruidBearSkin.blp Creature\DruidBear so it should look like followed: Creature\DruidBear\DruidBearSkin.blp

24) Now exit out of your folders, and MyWarcraftStudio, log onto WoW go into bear form and VOILA! you are Kel'Thuzad.

so In a nutshell what you do is

1) open mywarcraft studio

2) go to model or patch.MPQ

3) find the name of the model you have taht you want to change, write it down into your notepad.

4) find the .m2 of the model you want to be, then maek a folder in your C:\Program Files\World of
    Warcraft\Data then make a folder called Creature, then make a folder called the name of what you have that you want to change.

5) right click and extract the .m2 of the thing you want to be in there.

6) rename it to the thing you have.

7)go to textures or patch.MPQ

look for the .blp name of the thing you have, write it down in notepad.

9) look for the .blp of the thing you want, to be, then right click andextract that to the folder
    called the thing that you want to change.

10) rename the .blp of what you want to be, to the .blp of the thing you already have that you want to change.

11) click on Pack(P) then create new MPQ archive, go to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then make a file there called speech2.MPQ

12)then click on add file to archive, click the ... button to browse, go to the folder you made in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data, then double click the .m2 or .blp, then look at the top of the folder, and copy the Creature\***** part, then make it so it says Creature\*****\*****.m2 or .blp, teh ***** is the nmae of the folder of the thing you ahve that you want to change.

13) do it for the .blp and .m2, then exit out and have fun
    Last edited by Krazzee; 09-29-2007 at 02:36 PM.

[Guide] Model Editing: For Dummies
    Avianar47's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, would this work if u wanted to make the bear form to goblin?
    EDIT: and +rep for it
    Last edited by Avianar47; 08-01-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it'd be harder, because see goblin is a character folder, and bear form is a creature folder, it's easy to make a creature folder such as bear form, into another creature folder such as kel'thuzad, but for a creature folder to a character folder, i haven't gotten it working quite right, it always gives me jsut a black outline of the shape i want, no texture.

Ronguts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Krazzee
    it'd be harder, because see goblin is a character folder, and bear form is a creature folder, it's easy to make a creature folder such as bear form, into another creature folder such as kel'thuzad, but for a creature folder to a character folder, i haven't gotten it working quite right, it always gives me jsut a black outline of the shape i want, no texture.

Thats where Databases and Hex editors come in.

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh, i cant figure those things out if my life depended on it lol.

but if you can do it, i'd really appreciate it if you could show me how.
    Last edited by Krazzee; 08-01-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

poop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, but how do you do it for weapons?

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol time for my 2nd thread lol, i'll post it in a minute when i finish. with my 2 million orders for models.

bloodofwar's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well buddy, matt posted this a while back, but there was a prob. The Things that u made come up on WoW studios were white silluettes, ill try right now tho and thanks for picture guide lot ez'r than matts!

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gazp! he said something bad about matt's post! *ducks in bunker*

bloodofwar's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K is it just me or is link broken??

hey i got u big prob. I did exactly what it said BUT when i logged on and bear formed, i didnt have the shape of Kel thuzas. I had the shape of the bear but i looked real boney anf stuff like kel thuzad.

hello?? any1 there?
    Last edited by bloodofwar; 08-01-2006 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

gahndai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bloodofwar
    K is it just me or is link broken??

hey i got u big prob. I did exactly what it said BUT when i logged on and bear formed, i didnt have the shape of Kel thuzas. I had the shape of the bear but i looked real boney anf stuff like kel thuzad.

hello?? any1 there?
    Sounds like you are not replacing the model correctly, but you seem to have the texture correct. Just double check all the file names are correct to replace the orginal model, maybe even create a new mpq and repack everything just to be sure.

Gapo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have one prob... all the models are without skins... there just wihite
    plz help

Tenche's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooooo.... sex
    I don't do design anymore

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there we go, I got a new link for the WoW model viewer, the old one was broken. enjoy!

Missaar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This inspired me to try to change the voidwalker model to a green fire elemental one Thanks for the great guide

Page 1 of 17 12345 ... LastLast