20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Request to fix my LootFX.m2 please?

Hello everyone. this is my first post today, because this is the first time I've ever seen this place. Looks good and I hope to stick around. anyway, down to the point...

I've had a custome lootFX.m2 for quite a while now and it's been working just fine. However, after patching 2.0.1 and reading lots of posts about structure change etc, i know its not going to work now. (and indeed it doesn't! :P).

however, after reading and recompliling the file in the way i think it should be done, it still doesn't appear to be working. could one of you guys (who know what they're doing) take a look and fix it for me and explain where i went wrong so I can learn from it?

the file can be downloaded here, and has been taken straight out my wow/data folder where i believe it should be placed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3O157XS

thanks a lot guys. I know its a simple model change, but it's the learning process i'm interested in.

Blackbook

even some help would be appreciated. I havn't stopped trying things and restarting over and over, yet i cannot get this .m2 to work...what am i doing wrong?

EDIT 2

Right, I've started to think logically (something unwise because this is blizz files im dealing with) and i've started to understand a bit about dbc files. However, im still unclear how to edit them and how they will help with lootfx.m2. I cant find it, and i dont know what to do. Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by Toldorn; 12-07-2006 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Request to fix my LootFX.m2 please?
    Minimized's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Request to fix my LootFX.m2 please?

Start over from scratch, that should work. If you did so already... kthxbai

Toldorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Request to fix my LootFX.m2 please?

hey. thanks for the reply, but im still totally confused with the concept of editing these 'dbc' files. I can't locate the 'lootfx' within them, and even if i did, i wouldn't know what to do with it.

I've done some searchin on here, and found a few things relating to changing robes around with it, but nothing terribly useful for lootfx.m2.

Any ideas?