0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.12.1 disable model change/mesh for items worn

I'm trying to disable model changes when equipping certain items (eg robes, certain chest/pants, tabards, etc...)

What I understand from reading the .dbc ItemDisplayInfo page is that I could change all items to the default geoset for that item.

The problem is that I don't really understand the format and how to do that.

The structure contains this:
    Code:
    uint32_t m_geosetGroup[3]
    But if I were to go check the table for chest peice it contains 5 not 3 geosetGroup values. The group values themselves also don't help in any way. What are the indexes? Is 8 shirts? Is 10 chests? What is 4 for? What do the indexes mean?

Say for example I don't want to display robes. Would i set m_geosetGroup to { 801, 1001, 1301 }? {0,0,0}? {1,1,1}?

What values do I set for each type of item set (chest, pants, tabard, anything else which causes a model change) to cause them not to trigger a mesh/model change?

Edit: Setting them all to 0 appears to mostly work. But sometimes it doesn't and doesn't seem to be consistent. Some robes for example still show their whole model, but most don't. Some only show cuffs. Some items like boots and gloves show though but not all. Here's an example of a priest wearing starter gear: capture.jpg. Notice the cuffs and the boots.
    Last edited by modpat; 05-26-2018 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Added additional information gathered

1.12.1 disable model change/mesh for items worn