1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modding 7.X.X Legion

So... how do i install custom skins/models for Legion 7.1.5 , 7.2.5 or 7.3.5?

I downloaded some custom models and animations
    They came with a "patched Exe" because apparently they need that to work.
    But the exe doesn't work on Private Servers (disconnect error or wrong version error)
    and im not gonna use any mods on my Retail WoW and risk losing all my progress.

So...
    What EXACTLY do i need for mods, skins, whatever, to work on Private Servers?

screenshot of the mod folder and patched exe:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

oh and i would ask the forum i downloaded the mods from, but.... Quote: "We don't support private servers, please look elsewhere"
    they basically asked me to GTFO

modding 7.X.X Legion
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ocdc View Post
    So... how do i install custom skins/models for Legion 7.1.5 , 7.2.5 or 7.3.5?

I downloaded some custom models and animations
    They came with a "patched Exe" because apparently they need that to work.
    But the exe doesn't work on Private Servers (disconnect error or wrong version error)
    and im not gonna use any mods on my Retail WoW and risk losing all my progress.

So...
    What EXACTLY do i need for mods, skins, whatever, to work on Private Servers?

screenshot of the mod folder and patched exe:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

oh and i would ask the forum i downloaded the mods from, but.... Quote: "We don't support private servers, please look elsewhere"
    they basically asked me to GTFO
    The exe needs to be patched (in a different way than the model editing exe.) in order to connect to private servers. You will likely need to edit it yourself and patch either the connection offset or the edit offset. You can find the offsets by comparing the exes (diff) and see what is different because they should technically be the same other than these two edits.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

3. Thanks ocdc, gablor (2 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    ocdc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dovah View Post
    The exe needs to be patched (in a different way than the model editing exe.) in order to connect to private servers. You will likely need to edit it yourself and patch either the connection offset or the edit offset. You can find the offsets by comparing the exes (diff) and see what is different because they should technically be the same other than these two edits.
    i've never made any mods in my life. The closest i've come to hacking/editing something is Cheat Engine.

gablor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dovah View Post
    Excuse me, can give more details please? I took days searching the internet but found nothing.
    regards

ocdc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think he means to HEX edit the exe code.
    But i have no idea how to do that. I've tried it once on an old PS ported game... ended up breaking it.