0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question]Help me with World Editing

So I was looking around following the world and map editing guide... All normal and everything (Im a TOTAL noob to model editing)...
    Im going to break this up heres the
    INDEX:
    1. Current status(what I have installed)
    2. What I want to do
    3. What Ive tryed
    4. What went wrong
    5. Some Questions

1. Current status
    Ok I have Mywarcraftstudio and WoWmapeditor I dont have Noggit or version 1.12 of wow. I have fully up to date WoW with nothing changed.

2. What I want to do
    I want to edit height of terain. In detail, Edit Gurubashi arena so that I can stand under the ground sorta right under the chest and open it when no one sees me.

3. What Ive tryed
    Ive downloaded a couple of world edits that are MPQs that I put in my data folder... I do that open WoW with MEfix load up, login, ERROR. Ive also tryed doing this myself with WoWmapeditor by Lowering the ground but I edited Common.MPQ (just read that you shouldnt play with common and that you put in your own mpq). That made WoW not even open anymore so I just reinstalled.

4. What went wrong
    Ive looked everywhere people just say open with MEfix and it works but no that doesnt work for me I still get errors whenever I log on. Also my common.MPQ got totally screwed from fooling around that I had to totally reinstall.
    I would use Noggit except I dont have WoW disks and the blizz download is 2.0.

5. Some questions
    Ok im going to make a list of questions when you answer in a post or PM please put the Question # and then answer example: #2 ANSWER
    Questions:
    #1. How do I make my edited .apt files into .mpq files so I can rename as a patch
    #2. Where can I download 1.12 WoW CLIENT not update (NEVER MIND I HAVE FOUND!!!)
    #3. If I download a world edit as a patch.mpq how do I make it work? I have the modelfixer thing!
    #4. If a world edit was done with noggit do I first have to open it with anything or will my comp run it when modelfixer thing runs (see 1. of index for what I have currently)
    #5. Ive edited a .apt with WoWmapEditor so now I have it saved on my desktop what do I do with it?
    #6. I open modelfix thing it opens WoW do I just login or do I close the modelfix then log in or what becuase it crashes when I do log in!

Thank you for any help I dont care if you cant help me with everything just stick in your twocents and it will be all good. And please if you can help me please do help me I will be able to contribute some of my edits once Im able to work everything out!
    Last edited by krazy1killa; 11-11-2007 at 03:55 AM.
    Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

[Question]Help me with World Editing
    aeonicx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Question]Help me with World Editing

1. Some Answers
    #1. Using MWCS, click "Create New Archive", in the Pack(P) menu. Using any creation name. Then "Add File to Archive", (also in Pack menu).
    You will be prompted with a window for you to browse for your .adt. Once you find and select your .adt and hit OK, it's filename will be displayed in the textbox of that add file window. You need to add in the correct treepath to where that .adt was originally from, following the .adt filename.
    (e.g. World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_30_40.adt)
    Then once you hit OK, your .adt will be listed in the treelist on the left, via the folders: e.g. = World > Maps > Azeroth > azeroth_30_40.adt

Now in Pack menu, hit save and close archive. Find where you had created it, rename it: patch-#.mpq. # representing any number 3 through 9 or letter a through z.

Paste it into your data folder now.

#2.
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-download.html

#3. Make sure any custom mpq's you download are renamed to, patch-#.mpq. See above. Have it pasted into your Data folder.
    Have modeleditfix in your main World of Warcraft directory, and run it.
    Once it has opened WoW, hit your 'End' key (disable modeleditfix), type in your account details, hit login, and once you see the login process pass the 'Authentication' step, hit your 'Home' key (renable fix). If your using character related edits etc, should always Re-enable (home) before the character screen starts to load.
    Then you can log-in game having the fix enabled.

#4. Once you save a modified .adt from Noggit, you should be fine to proceed to (See #1.)

#5. (See #3.)

krazy1killa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much this has cleared up alot and +rep for you! <3

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I press end then log in get on my character sheet press Home and then I get in go where its supposed to edit... BAM ERROR File corrup... Ive tryed not pressing Home and tryed not pressing end neither one helps.
    Last edited by krazy1killa; 11-11-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIG QUESTION: Do model edits work for 2.2.3 on Live non PTR servers? and where can I get THE most up to date MEfix I think I might have an old one. +rep to whoever answers both please!!!!!!!

Pullefjun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes model edits work on live non PTR servers.
    Here is where I got mine and it's working for me so I guess its up to date
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...ix-thread.html

About you getting the error, you said that you are pressing Home once at ur character sheet, you should press Home in the process of logging in. Once u see "Authenticating" having flashed by you press Home and wait for the rest of the process and everything should (in theory) work fine.