0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DBC Editing] Savory Deviate Delight -> Noggenfogger

Well i been trying lately to change Savory Deviate Delight to Noggenfogger trough DBC editing.

It havent been so far succesfull, at the moment im trying to figure out what model id is linked to Yaaarrr buff, so i need help in this.

Since there is no written descriptions in DBC files for each column its hard to figure that out, what field is the field that links to creature model and if it links it trough another dbc file, what is the ID i need look for in other dbc files.

Anyone can help in this?

I dont want directly do model change trough pure model switching since i dont want every single human pirate or ninja to be skeletons in world, just only for the Savory Deviate Delight.

[DBC Editing] Savory Deviate Delight -> Noggenfogger
    diviee3's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I don't think it is stored in the dbc files. I think the spells are individually stored in the dbc's yes, but the item itself randomly hands you one of those individual buffs. (server side.)

The best I can think of is that you try swapping the buffs themselves. IE: change the ninja costume spell into nogg skeleton.
    WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

RaptorMX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i did change Ninja Costume Spell to Noggenfogger spell in Spell.DBC and it didnt change anything, only buff Icon changed, nothing else.

There must be something somewhere else in the DBFilesClient DBC files that is changing the costume.

Managed to get my client crash by forgetting 1 value in the spell.dbc file so it did read the change at least but some other dbc file changes the look of costume.

Edit: Maybe its to do with that Noggenfogger does not have VisualID but it is shapeshift effect with ShapeshiftID, add that shapeshift ID to Spell.DBC and remove VisualID and it should work.
    Last edited by RaptorMX; 03-25-2011 at 06:56 AM.