0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Mods for Weather?

I'm not sure where I should post this but I was wondering how random weather is implemented into the game and if a mod could possibly be made to say, have it always be raining. I love how places like stranglethorn look when it's raining but it only occurs in the game maybe once every two months..
    Last edited by caboose101; 07-08-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Question: Mods for Weather?
    pyriel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question: Mods for Weather?

hmmm, i imagine thats a DBC but if its raining for you its raining for everyone there so it has a queue from the servers...it'd would be alot easier i imagine, rather than try to force it to always rain, to find something semi unique in your zone of choice and use it to make yur effect there /shrug

good idea though, you could add weather to outlands that way as well i imagine, something i've been hoping blizzard would get around too....ill look into it

Shadowmonkey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    hmmm, i imagine thats a DBC but if its raining for you its raining for everyone there so it has a queue from the servers...it'd would be alot easier i imagine, rather than try to force it to always rain, to find something semi unique in your zone of choice and use it to make yur effect there /shrug

good idea though, you could add weather to outlands that way as well i imagine, something i've been hoping blizzard would get around too....ill look into it

If you're using a WOTLK repack there is a GM command you can type into chat. It will turn on rain, dust storm, or Snow in any area that will allow weather change. Type .wchange 1 1 or rain. For snow type .wchange 2 1, for dust storm type .wchange 3 1. You can turn it off using the same command with .wchange 1 0, I think. You can experiment with it and see. But the weather affect will leave anyway once you leave the zone. I just make a macro for all three and change it whenever.I made it snow in Tarnaris, or dust storm in Winterspring. It works. I know it's an old post but saw this and thought I'd answer this in case someone else was looking. While I'm here any know why the dark nights patch might glitch in Shatt/Nagrand area. The color flash like lightning when you move. Once inside the building it's fine. Nagrand is really dark red and hard to see even using the first dark night patch.