0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Cryects Tools

So basically, I'm experimenting with the various tools and getting familiar with how they work as well as the file structure for world terrain files used by WoW. I started by picking a region at random (In this case, Deadwind Pass) and just making a copy of it on the world map in another location (Off in the sea to the west of Westfall).

So far so good. But then I used Cryects allwater.exe to change the water height in the zone, and it would only crash when I attempted to log back into the game.

So I went and re-extracted the matching ADT files from by backup of common-2.mpq, redid everything except for the water height change (Renamed them, did the offset fix, etc) and re-imported them into the MPQ to replace the ones that had had allwater.exe used on them.

Well, it still crashes and unfortunately I'm getting a general crash, where the error report basically outputs game settings (addons running, the configuration of video, sound, etc). I'm not sure why it would keep crashing if the water change was overwritten by replacing the files.

Second question is, I know I'm going to need to change the water height for something that I'm attempting, and obviously cryects tools isn't working. Is there another tool that has the ability to change the height of water in an ADT?

[Question] Cryects Tools
    Tigurius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cryect's Tools were written around patch 1.10-1.12 so they're outdatet.
    Imo there doesn't exist a tool to change the water height value atm.
    Like my work? Support Me! ;D